Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Installed my SVEDE ! :)

Old 06-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed my SVEDE ! :)

I was getting IAT temps of 157*.. Pulling about 10* of timing from the heat soak, which is ultimately 25-30 rwhp loss

Bought a SVEDE and IAT temps went from 157* at idle in the sun on a hot day to 91* at idle and 75* cruising around. Very happy, the butt dyno approves, and it's not appealing under the hood.

If you don't have a SVEDE, or are thinking about it, I would highly suggest to stop stalling and get one !!

I had to take the radiator mounts out and grind them down for extra clearance, cut the fan shroud, and took the middle front clip to the hood liner out (all very simple and suggested by the designer of the intake himself.

PICS:

Radiator Mounts Ground Down:

Cut the Fan Shroud, Re-installed Radiator Mounts, Put SVEDE in:

Everything cleared, so cut the radiator cover to fit around intake to clean up the look, and this is the finished product:

Car Pulls much better with the lower IATs, and the sound from the intake is incredible !!
Old 06-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Teching In

that looks pretty dang nice. A SVEDE is on my upcoming list of things to buy.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

The Svede intakes really work. I noticed a instant increase in power and throttle response when i installed mine too.
Looks great!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Do want.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:53 PM
10 Second Club

That is not at all what my svede intake looks like. in fact, i am slightly disappointed in mine. after measuring the size of the hole that the throttle body hooks to, i found that it is only 95 mm in diameter. im using a 102mm intake and tb. my tuner showed me in the tune where i actually have a slight vacuum now due to the restriction.

is yours from west coast speed or did it come from somewhere else??
Old 06-27-2012, 11:46 PM
11 Second Club

Not liking how it is in front of the radiator. In AZ, I don't think thats a great idea. I got the K&N kit and it pulls great now.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:25 AM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
Not liking how it is in front of the radiator. In AZ, I don't think thats a great idea. I got the K&N kit and it pulls great now.
There are a few cars I know that run it daily with no problems.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:24 PM
12 Second Club

Unless you drive on Mercury the outside air is much better than pulling it from inside the engine bay.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Teching In

I'm confused why your svede looks like that too? The one I had wasn't this large, and looked a lot more clean. However like the guy said above the small outlet..

Where did you get this?
Old 07-06-2012, 02:44 PM
12 Second Club

You're not understanding the radiator air flow then. There are so many of these in "hot" areas (It's only 103* in Michigan today ) with no issues whatsoever. Texas is the #1 location for them. I'd put up an OTR any day against the K&N. In fact some have had as good of luck as the K&N with the stock box and drop-in K&N filter.

Originally Posted by Tishkevich
I'm confused why your svede looks like that too? The one I had wasn't this large, and looked a lot more clean. However like the guy said above the small outlet..

Where did you get this?
The reason it looks different is that is a very early hand made one strictly for a non-scooped '04. It works just as well as the current one even tho a little less refined.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:03 PM
11 Second Club

Yup awesome intake.

I have the original version, and FIRST one for the LS2's. I always think about selling it and upgrading to the new purdy ones, but it works damn good as is.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Teching In

Hot cheese, I'm jelly.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

On grinding the radiator mounts... how'd you do it? Did you have to totally remove the radiator to get them out?
Old 07-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Launching!

These intake work much better then the K&N or any hot engine air intake. One day, I'll ditch my Vararam for one. I know the Vavaram works a lot better then the hot air intake too, but the Svede is just a much higher quality piece.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:17 AM
Staging Lane

Enjoy your heat soaked K&N, I'll enjoy me 93* IATS in 91* weather

I had a setup like the K&N before this intake (avatar), 157* IATs... Loss of I'll guess 30rwp for timing retard because of heat soak.

Where did you get this?
Originally Posted by gconnoyer
Yup awesome intake.

I have the original version, and FIRST one for the LS2's. I always think about selling it and upgrading to the new purdy ones, but it works damn good as is.
I thought the same, but why ? Already works, and I can just paint this one

Hot cheese, I'm jelly.
Cold cheese. Peanut butter jelly ?

Originally Posted by svede1212
You're not understanding the radiator air flow then. There are so many of these in "hot" areas (It's only 103* in Michigan today ) with no issues whatsoever. Texas is the #1 location for them. I'd put up an OTR any day against the K&N. In fact some have had as good of luck as the K&N with the stock box and drop-in K&N filter.

The reason it looks different is that is a very early hand made one strictly for a non-scooped '04. It works just as well as the current one even tho a little less refined.
Thanks Jerry ! I'm still loving this intake BTW, you did a great job designing this

Originally Posted by Robofuzz
On grinding the radiator mounts... how'd you do it? Did you have to totally remove the radiator to get them out?
Remove the radiator cover, remove radiator retainer clips, lift radiator, take radiator mounts out.

Originally Posted by O-FiveCC
These intake work much better then the K&N or any hot engine air intake. One day, I'll ditch my Vararam for one. I know the Vavaram works a lot better then the hot air intake too, but the Svede is just a much higher quality piece.
^^ agreed sir.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Love my Svede!! Great intake..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installed my SVEDE ! :)