Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

2006 BCM Trouble's

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 BCM Trouble's

Ok hello all, new forum member here doing some research.

I have a 2006 GTO and its in a gm shop and it is needing a new BCM. The gm dealership is telling me that one is currently not available and not sure when one is going to be available. So at this time i'm down my car. They sent the unit in to be rebuilt but apperently its to far damaged to be rebuilt. So my question is, is it possable fo me to get a BCM from a salvage yard and use it. They tell me that i can not get one because its is a vin spacific module and cant be reused... This is kinda strange but just wanted to check here first because I have located one at a salvage yard, but dont want to wast my money on it if it wont work... So any help would be appreciated.....

Rash
Old 07-24-2012, 12:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wish I had good info for you, but you might try posting over at ls1tech, or ls1gto.....

Good luck man!
Old 07-24-2012, 12:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

They tell me that i can not get one because its is a vin spacific module and cant be reused... This is kinda strange but just wanted to check here first because I have located one at a salvage yard, but dont want to wast my money on it if it wont work... So any help would be appreciated
You can, you'll just need a tuner to change the VIN on there for ya.

Quick Reply: 2006 BCM Trouble's