Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Spintech question...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spintech question...

Guys Im about to order another set of mufflers--Spintech Super Pro Streets--and the price for a cat back is ridiculous. Do any of you know which size muffler will fit under the 04s? As in, cutting pipe and welding in new. Its straight pipe now and got old real fast...no cats, res, or mufflers. Thanks for the help guys. I would crawl under her and measure but I was hoping a quick post would yield the answer I was looking for.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

If the 04s are like the 05-06s This is what I had. The outlet piping was tricky because it had to curve and go up at an angle the turn back straight all in a short amount of space to come out the back looking right. That was with them mounted in the stock location in the rear. They are pretty short mufflers. They are able to be mounted closer toward the front easily it would just change the sound a little. But they are loud so don't expect them to quiet your exhaust down much.

Last edited by SickDenali; 08-08-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...r/f8679b92.mp4
Old 08-09-2012, 10:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I had them I used the one like the pic above with it offset on the same side on both the inlet and outlet. I had custom pipes bent for the tail pipes so that the passenger side wrapped around the back of my Harrop cover. It was fairly easy for the muff shop to install.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:39 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoatPilot87
As in, cutting pipe and welding in new. Its straight pipe now and got old real fast...no cats, res, or mufflers.
I imagine so. Straight piped sounds like if you ask me.

Originally Posted by SickDenali
But they are loud so don't expect them to quiet your exhaust down much.
They'll quiet it down plenty. Straight piped is unbelievable loud, and, as I stated previously, sounds HORRIBLE. If nothing else, it will at least give you a bit of tone and not a sheer volume of sound.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

im running the spintech x-pipe and the 9441 ( i believe that is the part number) anyway they are the 3in center/center mufflers but mine are also dumped under the car from the looks of it an exhaust shop could have no problem running pipe out the back if thats what you want http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=2e-kHxWg8nc
Old 08-23-2012, 02:53 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GoatPilot87
Guys Im about to order another set of mufflers--Spintech Super Pro Streets--and the price for a cat back is ridiculous. Do any of you know which size muffler will fit under the 04s? As in, cutting pipe and welding in new. Its straight pipe now and got old real fast...no cats, res, or mufflers. Thanks for the help guys. I would crawl under her and measure but I was hoping a quick post would yield the answer I was looking for.
I got spintech super pro mufflers on my 04. Inlet and outlet on same side. I also have an H-Pipe. The muffler shop also removed all the pipes after the muffler and replaced it with 3" pipes but thats because I asked. Here is a video:

Quick Reply: Spintech question...