Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Ls1gto.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 11:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by svede1212
...LS1GTO has more goat knowledge than anywhere else but it's hard wading through all of the BS
I agree with this.

Originally Posted by svede1212
... but it's hard wading through all of the BS and some of the new people are the biggest offenders.
I respectfully disagree here. It seems to me the older members are just as guilty of polluting the "tech" sections with what they consider witty answers to questions they don't deem worthy, or threads that have nothing to do with tech. The more of this bullshit that accumulates, the harder it is to find the good info.

Of the dozen or so forums I check on every day, it's gone from one of my favorites to maybe my least favorite.

Heavily moderated lounge; pg 13. Maybe rightfully so, regardless of how grammatically correct a post/thread is, many lack content anyone more mature than a preteen would be interested in. I know I'm an old geezer but I have lots of friends in their 20s. If they had no more substance than that, I doubt we would have much in common. Content will get my vote over spelling and grammar any day. Of course if all you know is spelling and grammar... ??

It's all within their rights and I don't really care one way or the other and I suppose they are enjoying it. There's still lots of good folks there posting good info/news every day.

just my 2¢

hw

Last edited by ptero; 08-22-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ptero
I agree with this.

I respectfully disagree here. It seems to me the older members are just as guilty of polluting the "tech" sections with what they consider witty answers to questions they don't deem worthy, or threads that have nothing to do with tech. The more of this bullshit that accumulates, the harder it is to find the good info.

Of the dozen or so forums I check on every day, it's gone from one of my favorites to maybe my least favorite.

Heavily moderated lounge; pg 13. Maybe rightfully so, regardless of how grammatically correct a post/thread is, many lack content anyone more mature than a preteen would be interested in. I know I'm an old geezer but I have lots of friends in their 20s. If they had no more substance than that, I doubt we would have much in common. Content will get my vote over spelling and grammar any day. Of course if all you know is spelling and grammar... ??

It's all within their rights and I don't really care one way or the other and I suppose they are enjoying it. There's still lots of good folks there posting good info/news every day.

just my 2¢

hw
I agree with you 100%
Old 08-23-2012, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

I go to several forums a day and I love them all but LS1GTO and LS1tech are my least favorites because of all the sarcasm. When some one asks a question they get hammered if someone asked it before. My favorite is the forums at H-body.org. everyone helps everyone, everytime. Makes me wish I sold my GTO and kept my Monza.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

:fart :
Old 09-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

Old 09-11-2012, 09:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are some serious douche canoes on gto, BUT, there is an absolute ton
of info about the late model gto. slap the geezers in mouth and move on,
continue to learn all you can.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Launching!

smurf you
Old 09-12-2012, 06:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by markpetersonii
LS1GTO FTW!!!

Seriously, it isn't that bad. Just know how to form a sentence and know how to spell. The search engine does not suck, you suck at using it. Learn other words that describe what you are looking for, I've never had an issue with using it.
+1 Not sure why some do it's helped me out quite a bit.

Originally Posted by ptero

just my 2¢

hw

Couldn't disagree more. Fun site but like life you have to have a thick skin. I commend the staff there for doing their best to weed out some of the **** that gets posted. If all you can do is post up something that looks like 2 yr old gibberish then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

People like gtocape and a few others there feel a need to defend the 2 year olds without fail more power to them. I'd say there contributions to the other parts of the board will be missed but it won't
Old 09-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Teching In

I never though it was very bad, all the other boards I read have the same issues.

markpetersonii handled his issue just fine, it's just that others get way to hurt for nothing.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:42 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironmancan

Couldn't disagree more. Fun site but like life you have to have a thick skin. I commend the staff there for doing their best to weed out some of the **** that gets posted. If all you can do is post up something that looks like 2 yr old gibberish then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

People like gtocape and a few others there feel a need to defend the 2 year olds without fail more power to them. I'd say there contributions to the other parts of the board will be missed but it won't
Listen up phuckstick; If protecting my precious ego was of any concern of mine, I'd sure as hell stay away from YB, 2+2, Arfcom, etc...

But really; exactly what part of my post do you disagree with?
  • That the tech forums aren't saturated with garbage?
  • That it isn't my favorite forum? I said it was in the top ~12
  • That content isn't more substantial than form?

I just prefer a more heavily moderated tech forum and a less moderated lounge. I really don't expect or want the place to change on my account, like I said, it appears most of the folks there are having a really good time.

I do know of at least three members that are as knowledgeable as anyone posting there that have a combined post count of <1K and a total membership of ~20 years. I would guess there are at least a couple of hundred more like that I don't know about. I'm sure it's not the case with the three I know (not everyone has the time or desire to pump up their ego posting every tid bit of knowledge they're willing to share) but maybe, just maybe, a few of those are reluctant to share their wealth of information out of fear they'll be drug over the coals for not being quiet as literate as the more "popular" posters.
What's wrong with asking the same question multiple times? Times change, new members have new ideas. Is the best CAI today the same as it was in 2008? If it's still around, what will the tech section look like five years from now? Ten?

I realize I've been a little critical and implied I didn't like the forum as much as I do. I've met some of my best friends via ls1gto. I just wanted to validate the OP's post and up my post count here.

Originally Posted by ddawson
I never though it was very bad, all the other boards I read have the same issues.

markpetersonii handled his issue just fine, it's just that others get way to hurt for nothing.
I believe you meant "too hurt for nothing" didn't you?
hw

Last edited by ptero; 09-13-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

Taction compound + drag tires is when things break. My GTO got violent wheel hop on the local track - never had it on the street
Old 09-16-2012, 10:30 AM
Teching In

The "sponsor" protection over there is beyond ridiculous. I get that they pay to be there but other products should at least be able to be discussed.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Launching!

I have over 12k posts on other forums. I do not post nearly as much there, though, because it seems like if you say one thing wrong, it can turn into a 10 page bash fest. I try to read and learn, and stay out of the lounge. I do like the forum, for its past technical knowledge, but It's hard for a new person to have fun there, unless they are a grammatical and dry humor genius.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been a member on that site for over 6 years and while I took a couple years off (other than checking the SW section from time to time), I never really saw, or had any issues, for the most part. I do recall a few scammers there (older members know who I'm talking about, lol), but overall it's a decent place.

As for grammar and spelling, you will get more realistic (i.e. on subject) and respect if you don't write like a 3rd grader. I understand for many folks anymore that english is their second language and acceptable practices are too loose (meaning shortcuts and improper english), but there comes a point where I cannot or will not even try to read what somebody wrote. won't go out of my way to bag on them, but just ignore the thread.

Also, paragraphs! What drives me more crazy then mis-spells and pizz poor grammar is when there are 20 run on sentences all in one paragraph; hurts my eyes, lol.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Some people are just vagina`s. When i first joined there i posted a picture of plasti dipped tail lights. How do you think that went over? Holly **** it was 5 pages the first day of people telling me to sell my gto and buy a Kia. At the end of the day people need to remember its the smurfing internet. Post up, if you dont like the answers move on. Oh ya, something about thick skin, grammer, not typing like hellen keller etc. Vaginas. That will be all
Old 10-27-2012, 09:36 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Some people are just vagina`s. When i first joined there i posted a picture of plasti dipped tail lights. How do you think that went over? Holly **** it was 5 pages the first day of people telling me to sell my gto and buy a Kia. At the end of the day people need to remember its the smurfing internet. Post up, if you dont like the answers move on. Oh ya, something about thick skin, grammer, not typing like hellen keller etc. Vaginas. That will be all
do you still have that picture?
Old 10-27-2012, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lol probobly? Why lol. I had this **** on for half a day so i could see if i liked the tinted look. Plus tail lights and blinker visibility is reduced by 80% atleast
Old 10-29-2012, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

Everyone talking about bitch-fests on ls1gto but, what do you think this is?
Old 10-29-2012, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Word.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:24 PM
Teching In

Yeah the mods would have already shut this thread down on ls1gto.com . They wouldn't like the tone.

Quick Reply: Ls1gto.com