Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

LS2 Reassembly, a few loose ends

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 10:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 Reassembly, a few loose ends

Ok, so I have been in the process of putting things back together and I have a few things that are unused.

First, this hose goes back behind the 2 reservoirs into the firewall. Not sure what it is supposed to go on the other end.

Next, nothing is plugged in to the left nipple on my intake.

Also, wanted to make sure this was correct. Have the front plastic line plugged in to the left side of the intake

Finally, this is really a stretch but I have quite a bit of left over hardware. Figured some of you may know where the clips go at least. They're the metal ones.

Lesson learned here, I'm going to take my time next time and label everything or document the steps closer. This left over hardware deal really bothers me :/
Old 11-19-2012, 10:19 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those look like the little safety clips for the injectors, so that they don't come off the rail.

The four longer bolts look like intake bolts?
Old 11-19-2012, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GTOSE
Those look like the little safety clips for the injectors, so that they don't come off the rail.

The four longer bolts look like intake bolts?
Ahh right on. I think I remember where the clips are from now!! The bolts aren't intake bolts though. They are a little shorter and the intake is already bolted down! I'm beginning to wonder if my collection didn't grow while the car was apart.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:29 PM
12 Second Club

I broke few of my clips, those things were hard to take off for me as well as another clip near the TB.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chevbon

Lesson learned here, I'm going to take my time next time and label everything or document the steps closer. This left over hardware deal really bothers me :/
The brackets (top) go ontop of the intake for the fuel rails, rear of the intake.

The furthest left bolt looks like the bolt that goes into the head (pass side) holding the dipstick in place.
The one next to it is definitely for the head somewhere. Probably a ground on the back or side of the head.

No clue on the little metal clips.
No clue for the two tiny bolts
No clue on the 6 longer bolts
Old 11-20-2012, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, so I have been in the process of putting things back together and I have a few things that are unused.

First, this hose goes back behind the 2 reservoirs into the firewall. Not sure what it is supposed to go on the other end.that would be the hose that is for the brake booster and it goes to the big nipple on the back side of the intake manifold

Next, nothing is plugged in to the left nipple on my intake. you should see 2 pipes one under the other , those get a hose looped to them its part of the pcv system , or catch can if you run one

Also, wanted to make sure this was correct. Have the front plastic line plugged in to the left side of the intakecorrect

Finally, this is really a stretch but I have quite a bit of left over hardware. Figured some of you may know where the clips go at least. They're the metal ones. yes the silver clips lock the injectors in

hope this helps some
Old 11-21-2012, 12:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gconnoyer
The brackets (top) go ontop of the intake for the fuel rails, rear of the intake.

The furthest left bolt looks like the bolt that goes into the head (pass side) holding the dipstick in place.
The one next to it is definitely for the head somewhere. Probably a ground on the back or side of the head.

No clue on the little metal clips.
No clue for the two tiny bolts
No clue on the 6 longer bolts
Originally Posted by s/c'd cav
hope this helps some
Thanks guys. That clears some of it up. My only question left I guess would be about the nipple on the pass side of the intake. You said a hose runs from it to the one below it, which is attached to the valley cover. I assumed that the valley cover was attached to the outlet on the valve cover (can be seen to the left of the fuel rail). What goes there?
Old 11-21-2012, 01:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok, so I figured out that the one on the valve cover attaches to the cai. I'm missing the rubber part that attaches the plastic line and valve cover. Any idea where I can get this part or what it's called?
Old 11-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, so I figured out that the one on the valve cover attaches to the cai. I'm missing the rubber part that attaches the plastic line and valve cover. Any idea where I can get this part or what it's called?
Just use any 3/8 vacuum hose. doesn't have to hold pressure or anything.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by luigiandme
Just use any 3/8 vacuum hose. doesn't have to hold pressure or anything.
Ok, kinda figured as much.. For the one that goes from valley to intake, it is kinda a tight loop and looks to have one size on one side and another on the other side. What do you guys recommend for that? My old one didn't come off in one piece.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the factory hose was molded with the curves to fit , if you make enough of a loop it will be fine

Quick Reply: LS2 Reassembly, a few loose ends