Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Some new mods and a dyno run

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some new mods and a dyno run

Traded in the pacesetter longtubes and magnaflow high flows for some Stainless Works longtubes and cats, ported tb, new plugs and wires and a tune. Put down 386 to the wheels, so I'm satisfied!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

Sweet. How'd the installation of the headers go? I've always been curious how I'd run. I'll be getting a tune this summer sometime.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Installing headers on our car is a pain in the *** cause of the things you gotta remove to access them. I had the shop do it for that reason. I had the pacesetters on for about 5 months and the gaskets and welds were breaking down fast. I had leaks everywhere.
Good call on the tune though, definitely worth it! I took mine to a shop that specializes in LS engines.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PhantomGOAT
Installing headers on our car is a pain in the *** cause of the things you gotta remove to access them. I had the shop do it for that reason. I had the pacesetters on for about 5 months and the gaskets and welds were breaking down fast. I had leaks everywhere.
Good call on the tune though, definitely worth it! I took mine to a shop that specializes in LS engines.
could you feel a power difference? Long tubes are so expensive i have been thinking about trying the jba longtubes. just hoping the quality and such is there and not lacking in comparison to kooks and american racing. Heard some others on here saying good things about pacesetter and obx but im kinda nervous to go with either of those brands.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:08 PM
Teching In

There's definitely a good power increase. Hope you don't mind a REALLY loud exhaust though. You know, I had Pacesetters on a a previous car and they were good, but I had nothing but problems with them on the goat for some reason. I won't knock on Pacesetters, I just don't prefer them. Your right, they're expensive as hell, but don't skimp on the quality. Make sure and get the coated ones.

The shop I took my car to uses Stainless Works. He used American Racing before but had too many complaints so he made the switch. Stainless Works doesn't have a bunch of pre-made stuff waiting on the shelf, they custom build your headers once you order them. I am extremely pleased with the quality! I paid for it though with a $1600 bill for armor coated headers w/ cats.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, I bought my car with a full exhaust already installed, but the longtubes don't have any company named stamped as far as I could see, so I have no idea what brand they are. But they aren't coated and they are rusting. It has catless mids and a Magnaflow dual in/dual out muffler as well, which sounds pretty quiet when just cruising along, but really opens up when you get on it. I love it. Quiet when I want it to be, and loud when I want it to be. But I have no idea if they had it tuned and I should be getting a FAST 92 here soon so I'll get it tuned and see what I put down. I suspect they haven't simply because they deleted the rear O2's and never cleared them on the ECU. It's an 04, btw.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Well at least they took the time to go in and delete the rears. Do you have a check engine light cause of it? Mine was on when I went in for the tune, but after they adjusted the a/f and deleted the rears, it went away. I'm curious to see what numbers you put down.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, that's another reason why I want it tuned.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:36 AM
Teching In

i have he jba longtubes there great im making 400 rwhp and 400 rwtq with a 2500 stall
Old 04-23-2013, 12:13 AM
Staging Lane

Nice. My pacesetters have been holding up pretty well, but idk if the jethot coating helps. Gaskets were the GM MLS ones and werent bad either.

x2 on them being stupid to get in and out. Theres a bolt on the pass side that was digging into mine, as well.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:11 AM
On The Tree

Sweet, good results!

Quick Reply: Some new mods and a dyno run