Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Few Q?'s bout GTO.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 07:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few Q?'s bout GTO.

Well I been shopping for a Trans am, finding some decent looking decent mileage GTO's for what mildly modded TA's are askin. So I'm curious,

Are these car framed or sub framed cars?
Independent rears?
What are the weak points?
I'm in search of a 4 seater 450rwhp car to ease around in, can these cars be made into fairly daily driven 450hp cars?
What are the most common complaints?
Seems like the engine is eaiser to get to not tucked under the dash, also looks like I can get a top mount supercharger easier? Is that good?
Any particular year or RPO codes I should look for?
Are they more roomy than an F-body?
I used to hear of ECM issues with these cars back when they were popular is that the case? Trouble tuning them?

Thanks fellas
Old 07-31-2013, 08:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StreetGliderX
Well I been shopping for a Trans am, finding some decent looking decent mileage GTO's for what mildly modded TA's are askin. So I'm curious,

Are these car framed or sub framed cars?
Independent rears?
What are the weak points?
I'm in search of a 4 seater 450rwhp car to ease around in, can these cars be made into fairly daily driven 450hp cars?
What are the most common complaints?
Seems like the engine is eaiser to get to not tucked under the dash, also looks like I can get a top mount supercharger easier? Is that good?
Any particular year or RPO codes I should look for?
Are they more roomy than an F-body?
I used to hear of ECM issues with these cars back when they were popular is that the case? Trouble tuning them?

Thanks fellas
-Sub frames. (I don't think there are many "sports cars" made with a full frame anymore.
-IRS
-IRS, 2-piece DS, factory suspension, auto. trans
-Yes. 450hp is nothing.
-IRS. Heavy.
-Yes, roots and twin screws fit without issue. Is it good? Depends if you have plans of installing one...
-No. They don't differ a whole lot from year to year. Very few aesthetic and drivetrain changes.
-Yes. No retarded hump where the co-pilot's feet go.
-ECM issues...no. BCM issues...yes. Why would there be issues tuning them? The only Ls cars to have issues with tuning are the very early ones. These have new computers. The Ls2 computer is better.

Quick Reply: Few Q?'s bout GTO.