Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

New Member Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 11:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member Introduction

Oops. I started posting before introducing myself.

Name is Lincoln. Joined a while back. I have been reading and just recently started getting involved with some of the conversations. I enjoy the atmosphere here. Bunch of cool and knowledgeable people.

So I own the following cars:
06 GTO A4 - Toy
06 GP GXP - DD
90 Nissan 300ZX TT - Toy Up for sale
05 VW Passat TDI - DD Up for sale

I recently hired into GM and by personal choice, selling my foreign cars and getting into GM vehicles.

I bought the GTO in 2013 from a Pastor in Ok City. Cool guy. Drove it home to Michigan. Fun trip. Car only had 48K. Picked it up with a ton of aftermarket parts waiting for an install for $18,500. Car already had Kooks headers and midpipe, Vararam OTRCAI, and mild street tune. Car has a CF hood and aftermarket 18" rims. Pilot SS 275 245 on the rear front respectfully. The performance parts that came with it are:
LS3 ported heads, intake, injectors
Performance rockers
Custom ground cam
Metal head gaskets
Deep oil pan
Tranny cooler/fan
UD Pulley/belts

I bought:
102mm FAST intake/fuel rail
NW 102mm TB
Stage 2 Transgo shift kit
Melling Oil Pump
Black Braided fuel lines

Looking to buy:
Edelbrock HO Water Pump
Cloyes Billet True Roller Timing Kit
2 piece timing chain cover
160 degree SPL thermo
1 piece driveshaft

Lots to read sorry...

Questions...

I am expecting about 520-550 BHP with a tune. What are the next weak points in the car if I buy more power? Rods, Pistons, Rear end, Fuel pump, injectors?
Old 04-10-2014, 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a hell of a project!! I asked my builder a similar question and tho I'm not at the hp and mod level you are he told me 42lb injectors, fuel pump upgrade. They build these engines all the time and I sorta take what theye say as gospel, but I still research everything before I pull trigger. We didn't even get into rods and pistons. Rear end is a definite luxury item!!! I kinda look at that as a "never let a crisis go to waste" item, when it goes upgrade to a 9". Is on the bottom of my wish list. good luck

Quick Reply: New Member Introduction