Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Mustang guy thinking of trading up to a GTO

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 03:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slimbobaggins

Less than it would cost him to purchase an unmolested GTO. A lot less.
Lol...
Old 08-31-2014, 05:43 AM
Staging Lane

The only thing I miss about my mustang is having a cable clutch. Was 10x easier to use at the track.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:59 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Lol...
::shrug::

I love my car, but at this point, with the little things that break on it, and how expensive they are to replace, I don't think I recommend to anyone that they buy a GTO, unless they're just dead-set on having one.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had to replace 2 wheel studs thus week. Wheel studs are GM DEALER ONLY and wait for it... $21 EACH

I did some searching and got some Autozone.com and NAPA part numbers that did work. HOWEVER they were NOT the same as the factory stud and we're slightly shorter.

So I'd have to agree with the above statement. If you really want a gto go for it, but if you aren't willing to have some difficulty finding some parts I'd stray away. It was by no means a huge pita for me, but I knew long before what I was getting into.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Reviving this thread, the 98 is currently for sale on multiple Mustang boards and CL and we'll see what happens. If I can't get what I feel its worth, I'll keep it and Coyote swap it or maybe even LSx swap it as that would probably be cheaper and yield similar results.

If I can sell it, I am going to get my finances in order over the next 10-12 months and then decide if I'm going to get a LS powered product or a 11/12 Coyote Mustang. I know bang for the buck performance it isn't even close but I've driven older cars for too long, I want something nice. Honestly in a perfect world I'd find a real nice low mileage G8 but they seem to be $$$ too. The 05/06 GTO, seems like it might be the best option out there as far as a mix of power and updates even though they are pushing 10 years too.

Quick Reply: Mustang guy thinking of trading up to a GTO