Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Carbon Fiber body parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 05:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Carbon Fiber body parts

I've been talking to a well known company for building high end, high quality carbon fiber parts. They do not currently make anything for the GTO but are willing to break into the market if 5 people per item step up and want them, not just saying yes but actually having the cash and putting your money where your mouth is.

Trunk: Pin on style would be $700, bolt on $1200

Hood: Can go several options and I suggested a cowl like VFN does in a 3" high but in the wide version. Pin on like most racers use would be $1200 or a bolt on style using hinges that has a double mold to make the bottom as nice as the top $2,000

Doors: Would be made of carbon fiber but also include guts to allow use to still use the windows and not do an outlaw style door that is straight fiberglass and fixed lexan so not able to use the windows at all. Would suck for drag week. They would just require a pin to attach to stock hinges and could possibly utilize the stock inner door panel to make them even more stealth.

All products include a 5 year warranty against UV color fading and can also be painted, just scuff the clear gel coat. I ran across this company looking for light weight seats and saw a carbon fiber seat that is 13lbs lighter than kirkey's. The issue with owning a GTO is no one really makes parts for our car due to limited run and probably only a 1/4 of the cars left on the road. They seem to be either owned by young kids picking up high mileage ones still left or the Original owners transforming it to a bad *** drag car, drift car, etc... or possibly garage queen for collectors value some day. Only a little over 43,000 GTO's were imported over 3 years so doing the math not much left. For any part you would be interested in having made would take 5 people to step up and say they want it and willing to put their money down after we have 5 people all wanting the same part and having a rendering made up. From there money would be refundable if it doesn't turn out at all. If more than 5 people are wanting the product the cheaper it gets but takes a min. of 5 to make it worth while of having a mold made and going to design. This company makes products like this for other veh so you can look into them if you are seriously interested. Just shoot me a PM and I'll let you know the name since they are not a site sponsor to my knowledge and not sure of how tech rules are since I haven't posted on tech in awhile. These are high quality parts and not your cheap eBay or any other carbon piece that you may add that doesn't have the structure built in or doesn't have a high quality gel coat that will yellow over time. Only thing missing that I would love to see done is a Holden VZ carbon front clip. I've only found one company that has a GTO front clip but its in fiberglass. I prefer carbon over glass b/c it's stronger and lighter. Plus you can leave it unpainted until you get extra cash to paint it or leave it exposed whatever your choice maybe. Is there any interest on any of these parts? If so post up and only serious people. I'm looking to do a bolt on trunk lid, pin on hood and a set of doors. Once I get some serious interest I'll have some designs drawn up and we can go from there. We all know how heavy this muscle car is and even how hard it is to get parts for this car. So any serious racers using this platform like myself or anyone wanting it for show lets get some parts made and set ours apart from the rest that are still out there. Only other thing I would like in the future would be a dash but that is a pipe dream as I'm probably the only one that would step up to the plate for that. My goal is to get my goat down to 3200lbs with me in it if not lighter and going to some custom carbon fiber products is one of the few ways to help get it there. Price maybe a little high to some but if you know this car nothing is cheap at all and for the quality of these pieces it's a very good price for a super limited run. I know a certain person who drifts a GTO had a mold made, forget the part, and it cost $5,000 plus then the cost of the part and he doesn't own the actual mold.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:37 PM
11 Second Club

So the doors will allow you to use the working inners of the window and even allow you to mount the stock inside door panel to it. They weigh 11 lbs and run 2600/pair. So far myself and Chris (GForce) are only ones I know that are interested. Highly recommended you have a cage or going to cage the car b/c the door bar will protect you if you get t-boned where these are built for light weight and still have functions of a stock door without going to a fixed window outlaw style of door. Ultra Carbon is the company behind it all and I've been talking to them about getting some things made for the GTO/Monaro due to lack of options even out there. To make it worth while for anyone we need 5 people per item to get enough money to cover the cost of labor and making molds since it takes more than just one to make a product perfect and flawlesss. The doors will use stock mounting hinges. Reason the bolt on trunk is almost double is due to it taking two molds to make it since the underneath is actually finished.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in ...

Interested in doors and trunk lid have 19 lbs. hood now so no hood. David.
Old 05-16-2015, 02:51 AM
11 Second Club

Been awhile since I've been on here but doors are just now being produced. They are $2600 plus shipping. Production starts next week. Took us awhile to get 3 pairs of doors ordered and paid for to get that project going. The trunk lid is already available. Shoot me a pm for info on either. I actually have a 2nd set of doors ready b/c one guy doesn't have the money yet for the them and another guy and myself covered the cost to get the project going. The carbon trunk weighs more than the fiberglass pin on and are two separate vendors. Then the doors are another vendor all the way. The doors are by Greg at Ultra-Carbon. The pin on deck lid is by Paul at JCR Chassiswerks. You can find both on Facebook. Ultra Carbon made doors for f-bodies on here actually. The install kit for the pin on trunk is $80 which would let you run a fuel cell and utilize the stock filler tube.
Old 05-16-2015, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The trunk lid is appealing.
Old 05-16-2015, 06:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CAMSTER
Interested in doors and trunk lid have 19 lbs. hood now so no hood. David.
A 19lb hood is Heavy for carbon fiber
Old 05-16-2015, 06:14 PM
Staging Lane

What company are you talking too? Who is.going to make these parts?
Old 05-22-2015, 01:56 PM
11 Second Club

JCR has already made the deck lid, numerous times now. Ultra-Carbon is in the middle of making the doors right now.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:59 PM
Staging Lane

That's cool. Have you ever checked out a guy called joe van overbeek race car bodies. I'm not sure if he is making parts for gto Or not but he makes some of the best carbon fiber parts you will ever see. Just a thought or another option for you
Old 09-13-2016, 12:38 AM

Hey interested in these doors if they're still available. Message me when you get a chance. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber body parts