Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Are there any good forums still for these cars??

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For good solid technical information by knowledgeable owners and truly interested vendors, LS1GTO is great. Yeah, there are some asshats and boneheads, but they are going to find any forum sooner or later. If you ignore the occasional knucklehead, the information base there is huge for a 9 year old + car. Who the freak cares about some ******** poster, you are a car guy, right? Just ignore the stupid chatter. It is not excessive by any means.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Felix C
What improvement did you find in the 05-06 over the 04? How lond did you own the 04?
I owned the 04 for about a year, bought it in 05 and traded it for my first corvette C5. I guess the biggest thing was the power difference from the 04-05, I changed my 04 to the 05 rear bumper so appearance wish they were close. My 04 was a auto and I hated it in that car, although my 05 has the M6 the gear box is sloppy.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Understood.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:36 PM
Teching In

The A-holes on LS1GTO are not my problem. It is some of the equally-horrible moderators.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Ls1gto is a bunch of sissies.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:31 PM
Launching!

I still go on there regularly..
Old 01-15-2015, 10:38 PM
Teching In

And my Yorkie still goes on the carpet regularly.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by notransistors
The A-holes on LS1GTO are not my problem. It is some of the equally-horrible moderators.
True. I noticed some of the more obnoxious types have become moderators.

I am an old timer and do not get any grief from anyone but am surprised at the churlish conduct directed towards new registrants.

Too bad. It was a great place to discuss ideas without being flamed.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:03 PM
TECH Regular

I've been on here since 07 but owned my first GTO/ls vehicle back in 05. I never had any issues here in fact bought my 02 zo6 off this forum along and sold my 99 hugger orange z28. With that being said because I never posted much on ls1gto they act like you aren't worthy of their time and blast you because you do something different. For example I'm running 19x10 niche wheels on the back of my 05 with a 255/35/19 tire. Yes I knew it was going to rub I rolled the fenders and really don't ever have any issues. I knew there are better fitting wheels but these were free to me and I love the concave look.

I post pictures on ls1gto just because I thought it was cool they didn't rub that bad and omg you would have thought I put a ricer wing on it or something. I do like the car but I don't see me owning it much longer with a baby on the way I'll be looking/moving to the g8 side
Old 01-31-2015, 07:36 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by notransistors
I used to frequent LS1GTO alot, but refuse to buy into the drama.
Some moderators almost seemed to enjoy any conflict or difference of opinion and would add fuel to the discussion,
instead of looking for a fair resolution.
I still visit the classifieds but rarely post.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:09 AM
11 Second Club

We need more people like the ones commenting in this thread to return to ls1gto and provide some new builds , tech and simple straight forward advice. I
don't mind a good jab every now and then but too many jackholes ignore the OP's question just to **** on his build. I lurked for years before bothering to post but now that i'm back to racing I have more to ask and contribute.
I search here allot too so i'll try to post when I can
Old 02-01-2015, 03:38 PM
Teching In

Don't look at me. Unless I change my IP address, posting on that group cannot happen. Sad how such a decent thing was so fucked up.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You can always ask the mods for forgiveness and tell them that you're willing to be their bitch. That's what makes them go around n 'round....lol. JK.

Many of the mods there have taken a back seat now. Between karma and them knowing they've gone way too far, they tread lightly these days. I was told one is trying to have his diff built by me because he has blown-up like 3. I heard he's gonna try to use a neutral party to send it to me. I've never had one of my builds fail, ever. If the first has to come to failure, let it be that one.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:26 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
You can always ask the mods for forgiveness and tell them that you're willing to be their bitch. That's what makes them go around n 'round....lol. JK.

Many of the mods there have taken a back seat now. Between karma and them knowing they've gone way too far, they tread lightly these days. I was told one is trying to have his diff built by me because he has blown-up like 3. I heard he's gonna try to use a neutral party to send it to me. I've never had one of my builds fail, ever. If the first has to come to failure, let it be that one.
I really believe that it is too late. Too many high profile
sponsors have been run off by increased sponsorship fees,
and alot of additional things that should not be aired here.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:29 PM
Teching In

When I began to have trouble with moderator Andrea, I reached out to moderator FoxMulder for some assistance. I felt that as I had met him a few times for brunch with a table-full of other group members [at a local diner], I might have someone on my side.

That went well.

Not.

People are all the same. Most suck.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, they all stick together no matter what. At least they have each other, those types usually have no one else. Most of those guys have likely been punked all their lives and being a keyboard warrior is the only way out for them.

If you've met any of them, they are mostly needy, nerdy dudes that lack any substance other than what they've read somewhere or learned in school. In person, they act nothing like on the webz. They know the real consequences of not being able to hide behind the keyboard.

In fact, iirc those mods had a cow over this site back in the day because they were punked by some of the staff here. I've never seen the disrespect shown over there on this site. Very civil and respectable here from member to mod. Ls1tech is a great place from what I can tell.

Last edited by 2QWK4RU 06 GOAT; 02-01-2015 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:42 PM
Teching In

Your avatar is very distressing.

And yes, your general description of these guys does fit FoxMulder.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 228 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by magnum-gto
I really believe that it is too late. Too many high profile
sponsors have been run off by increased sponsorship fees,
and alot of additional things that should not be aired here.
To be fair, that is a fault with Auto Forums and their incessant need to wring every last penny from the sponsors that they can.

The mods and ******* members have nothing to do with that.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:14 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by MuhThugga
To be fair, that is a fault with Auto Forums and their incessant need to wring every last penny from the sponsors that they can.

The mods and ******* members have nothing to do with that.
Agreed!
Auto Forums sets the sponsors fees and also failed to keep
their moderators in line. Can't really expect a forum to be
successful when you continuously run off sponsors and ban
decent members.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Basics^^^ The spineless, swinger types will never get this no matter what you say-It's a disease with no cure. I learned this long ago.

Quick Reply: Are there any good forums still for these cars??