Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

06 GTO dash lighting problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 02:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 GTO dash lighting problems

hey everybody! Last night I swapped out the lights for my license plate in the rear and I went to turn my car on, and I noticed that my dash lights (the cluster lights) weren't turning on. So I did the usual thing for a GTO owner, I checked the body control module and I checked the fuse box underneath the dashboard on the left side.

I went to the store to replace the fuses in case they were blown, and that still hasn't fixed the issue. The gauges themselves work fine, and all of the other lighting in the car works fine, but the lighting in the gauge cluster does not work.

Help!
Old 06-14-2015, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

check the obvious...if dash lighting worked before and your fuses weren't blown..check all your connections and the insides.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Slickgoat05
check the obvious...if dash lighting worked before and your fuses weren't blown..check all your connections and the insides.
Pulled the gauge cluster apart, pulled and checked every single fuse in the interior and engine bay fuse boxes, pulled the plugs on the light switch to the left of the steering wheel (which was looking good), and I even pulled a lot of the electronics out of the center console to see if anything was causing this. The only things I found that could have been causing this were the BCM wires which I fixed before... I'm puzzled honestly.

So far, everything else in the car is working 100% except these gauges... I really hope the lights themselves didn't die
Old 06-14-2015, 10:21 PM
Launching!

Tomorrow I'll be pulling apart the metal frame for the glove box mounts tomorrow to investigate if anything by the BCM is causing this, will update. Any other help is more than welcome!
Old 06-15-2015, 10:59 PM
Launching!

I found that it worked for a few seconds when the car was idling and my knee hit the fuse box when I sneezed, so I took another look at the fuses. The fuse for the gauge lights was in fact blown, but it jiggled back together when my knee whacked it before the engine shook it apart lol

So... solved!
Old 02-12-2017, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I would just knock it off there and use velcro or double sided tape in its place

Quick Reply: 06 GTO dash lighting problems