Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Electrical Help, Installing Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 01:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Help, Installing Gauges

Hey everyone!

I've been sorting out the bugs in my gauge package I bought from SCSS (oil PSI, boost/vac), and in my hunt for the correct pins to reinstall with the new wiring into the Fuel Door Release plug, I've come up with nothing. This wouldn't have been a problem, but the guy who was helping me went ahead and hacked off some pins without looking into the possibility of me not being able to track them down. Here's the part number that I found in the Service Manual:

I've been trying to track down the correct plug for this application too (just replacing the plug), and I seriously can't find one anywhere... If anyone can lend any knowledge or experience with this topic, please do!
Old 07-03-2015, 05:17 PM
Teching In

Good luck. I ran into a similar problem when I was installing my gauges, but I tied mine into the cigarette/accessory circuit. Thankfully, I didn't hack it to pieces. My original plan was just to buy a plug and socket and build a breakout harness, plug-n-play, no muss, no fuss, and I could go back stock easily; however, sourcing the plugs and sockets was a nightmare...and they all come on the slow boat from China. After several wrong orders, I gave up and just soldered my wires into the existing plug. Your plug looks easier to locate online via part number though, if you can trust the vendors:
http://www.yqhaidie.com/product_341_...connector.html
http://www.nexelec.com/7283-1261-a27...3-1261_a27.htm
Old 07-04-2015, 11:56 AM
Launching!

This solves half of my problem... I've tried going to a former Pontiac dealership in town, and they only had one of the pins when I needed 4, and they couldn't find any part numbers on it. I guess it's time to search again? I've also contacted the company from the first link you've put up in hopes of them knowing what the correct pin for this connector is based on the application and the page I sent them from the service manual.

Thanks!

Last edited by ledzepp3; 07-04-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:23 PM
Launching!

The pins that go with this connector have a minimum order of 2000 pins, but I can order just one connector
Old 07-06-2015, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Yeah, ordering from China suuuucccckkkkks. Even cheaper, smaller orders that you might be able to find on eBay or Amazon are frequently incorrect with the wrong parts shipped...good luck getting your money back, too. You might be better off finding a junker or someone parting their wrecked car out.

Quick Reply: Electrical Help, Installing Gauges