Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Lower grille falling out?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 04:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lower grille falling out?

The lower front fascia keeps falling out on my goat. It's getting really annoying that every time I stop somewhere, I have to keep putting it back where it belongs. I took the grille out a little while ago, and noticed that the middle lower clip is missing in the middle, but all the other clips are present.

For a while I considered getting a new lower fascia, but now I'm rethinking it due to a slight money crunch (aka getting an Impala SS lol). I am heading to Cleveland next weekend to go visit the GTO salvage yard and pick up some parts in better shape, should I look for anything or could I fix it at home?
Old 08-04-2015, 06:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should be able to fasten it. Put a small hole in the tab and use a small wire or wire tie. I took mine out just-cause
Old 08-04-2015, 10:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by svede1212
You should be able to fasten it. Put a small hole in the tab and use a small wire or wire tie. I took mine out just-cause
I mean eventually it'll be removed for an heat exchanger If I can find a nice BOM bumper in Cleveland, I'll spring for that- but if not, then I'll take your advice to keep that sucker in place finally!

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Lower grille falling out?