TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd help... But my opinion was met rather harshly last time. LOL
Old 09-18-2015, 01:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
I'd help... But my opinion was met rather harshly last time. LOL
I'm still set on stock cubes for now, but now that the concept of a totally LS2 setup is out of my head, go for it!
Old 09-18-2015, 10:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ledzepp3
I'm still set on stock cubes for now, but now that the concept of a totally LS2 setup is out of my head, go for it!
Sell the ls2 complete for as much as you can get out of it.

Call Kyle @ TMS (See my sig) and order a 408 for your application. Lower budget 408 he has. Stock mains, the cheaper rod bolts, TMS pistons/rods/crank, etc... It is an all motor combo, stock parts would be fine so those parts will be more than fine.

Call John @ Lil John Motorsports and have him custom spec a cam. Buy a complete cam kit from him, whatever he says to buy to reach your goals.

Buy used Ls3 heads/intake.

It'll make gobs of torque and low end power and still carry plenty high enough while making your 500Rw.
If you aren't happy with the numbers, simply port the heads and gain another 20-35Rw.

That is what I would do. You won't have much, if any more money invested than you would some Mast head, FAST 102 intake, etc ls2 and make more power everywhere all while have a forged motor.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:30 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lemons12
Sell the ls2 complete for as much as you can get out of it.

Call Kyle @ TMS (See my sig) and order a 408 for your application. Lower budget 408 he has. Stock mains, the cheaper rod bolts, TMS pistons/rods/crank, etc... It is an all motor combo, stock parts would be fine so those parts will be more than fine.

Call John @ Lil John Motorsports and have him custom spec a cam. Buy a complete cam kit from him, whatever he says to buy to reach your goals.

Buy used Ls3 heads/intake.

It'll make gobs of torque and low end power and still carry plenty high enough while making your 500Rw.
If you aren't happy with the numbers, simply port the heads and gain another 20-35Rw.

That is what I would do. You won't have much, if any more money invested than you would some Mast head, FAST 102 intake, etc ls2 and make more power everywhere all while have a forged motor.
This sounds pretty wicked, but I don't have the facilities to do that, so I'd have to pay someone to do it even if I did have the tools and lifts to do it properly, I couldn't due to me screwing up my back a while back :/
Old 10-06-2015, 10:02 AM
Launching!

I've been talking to Ed Curtis recently, and we've gone through all the current and future mods that'll be put on my goat. He told me that instead of one of his bigger cams I could buy as a kit, it'd be better to run the 245 MAST heads which have a fairly long intake runner with a custom cam, and work out the rest of the valvetrain from parts he knows will work with a high lift cam.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:59 AM
Staging Lane

My setup just put down 499.27 to the wheels on a dynojet. Stock bottom end, TEA stage II 243 heads, FTI cam, and MSD intake, plus supporting mods/exhaust. The car spent 3 hours on the dyno for drivability tuning and at the end it was measured and tweaked for some power. Took so long because of aftermarket TB and MAF and how close they were to one another due to Vararam CAI. The WOT tune took minutes. A cooled off motor and I think we could have broke the 500 mark but wasn't going to spend the money for another hour on the dyno for .73 hp.

We put on my uncles Eforce supercharged 2010 LS7 vette on after mine, it only made 513 hp. He went home a bit sore. He didn't think I would come close to him. He had it dyno-tuned previously at another place on a dynamite dyno, I Think, and it made 560 so this dyno was not that nice to him.

71K mile stock bottom end
60 lb injectors,
Aeromotive Stealth 340 intake pump
Maximizer LT headers without Cats
Corsa exhaust
Truion kit for Stock Rockers
100mm MAF
102mm NW TB
HP Tuners Tune
Varraram CAI

The tuner kind of thought I wasted my money on the intake stuff. He said he thinks I might have lost 5-10hp on the intake side but saved a lot of money and the tune wouldn't have taken near the time it did. So I went home a bit sore hearing that.

Last edited by moneypit94; 10-11-2015 at 03:13 AM.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by moneypit94
My setup just put down 499.27 to the wheels on a dynojet. Stock bottom end, TEA stage II 243 heads, FTI cam, and MSD intake, plus supporting mods/exhaust. The car spent 3 hours on the dyno for drivability tuning and at the end it was measured and tweaked for some power. Took so long because of aftermarket TB and MAF and how close they were to one another due to Vararam CAI. The WOT tune took minutes. A cooled off motor and I think we could have broke the 500 mark but wasn't going to spend the money for another hour on the dyno for .73 hp.
What cam did you end up with? This sounds about like my planned setup.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

It was semi custom.
.631/.621
236/242

Come to find out that tuner used a STD correction on the dyno after changing the correction to SAE which most use. My car made 489/438. A 2% difference.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:51 PM
Launching!

I'm still waiting to hear back from Ed, but I'm stoked for what he's going to send me.

Quick Reply: Making 500HP N/A on stock cubes.