Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

P0335, TCS turns off, and crank/no start or start then die.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 03:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0335, TCS turns off, and crank/no start or start then die.

I have read and read on this and there seems a few people that have had this same problem but nobody comes back to say what fixed their problem.

My 06 6 speed GTO has had issues with starting and then dying immediately or cranking and not starting for a cycle or two.

Problems:

MIL with P0335
TCS goes off and will not turn back on.
cranks and will not start, but will if I cycle key
starts and dies immediately

I have found that if I hit the unlock button on the key fob that It eliminates the starting and then dying problem. Or it at least allows me to fire it right up seconds after it dies. I use to have to wait awhile before it would even crank again when it would do this.

I have also found that when the TCS shuts off at startup that if I restart it and hit the button off and on during startup that it will allow me to keep it on.

I occasionally get a check engine light and every time it says p0335 (crank position sensor). I have checked the wiring and plug ends, I then replaced the sensor and still get random MIL with the same code.

I have yet to try a Relearn with my HPTuner.

It seems if I don't give the car time to run through the systems check when I turn on the key that it will start right up without a check engine light. Could just be a coincidence. The light will go out after a few starts usually.

So I basically can bypass all the problems, but I am sick of it not working right.

Does not seem to effect performance. Was doing this on the dyno with the tuner and still made consistence results. (492-499 rwhp ).

IT had all of these problems before the H/C/I install

Anybody fix this and how? I am hoping a relearn might fix it.

Quick Reply: P0335, TCS turns off, and crank/no start or start then die.