Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

04 cruise

Old 11-23-2016, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 cruise

I had a 04 GTO with the cruise not working ive looked in other post and none of them have the same problem as mine I have access to prodemand and have went throw almost all the steps to trouble shoot it. heres what it dose you start the car push on/off button says engaged and shows cruise on the screen you start to drive and hit 20mph and it turns of before you get fast enough to active it and wont turn back on till you recycle the key have not been able to find anyone with the same problem. Im new to the form
Old 11-28-2016, 10:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is your TRACTION CONTROL and ABS working properly? Sounds like it may be a bad wheel speed sensor to me since it turns on but turns itself off pretty quick.

Has the car been MODDED any and TUNED? Does it have stock 17"wheels and stock tire sizes? Wheel/Tire size has to be set in the PCM for all the stuff to work together.

Check for any fault codes first. The cruise control is tied to several different systems and won't work unless all the other systems and components are working. Wheel speed sensors on left and right sides of the rear diff, cruise control module/actuator under the hood next to the ABS valve block. Has the BCM been changed out? If so you will need a TECH II to reflash it to match your VIN, GM car dealerships and most good repair shops have the TECH II tool.

A low battery can also cause multiple electronic gremlins as well as the wiring close to the BCM under the dash in the passenger footwell behind the glovebox, check to make sure the wiring isn't rubbed/chaffed.

You can check for any stored fault codes by putting the KEY into the ignition, hold the MODE and SET buttons down, turn the KEY to ACC (turn key on without starting engine), use the UP/DOWN buttons to scroll through the menu items until you get to FAULT CODES, see what codes are stored, write them down and google them to see what they are.
Drive down to your local Autozone, O'Rileys or whatever place you have local that has a scan tool and have them connect it to your ODBII port under the steering wheel, pull up the codes and CLEAR/DELETE them. The store employees can't/aren't allowed to delete them but you can.
Old 11-29-2016, 11:30 PM
Teching In

I thank it has a tune I've had the car 9 years and it hadn't work for 5 or 6 it's got stock rims 245 45 17 the TCS is working right used the snapon scanner at work no abs codes the bcm had 3 codes on it a b0011 b0021 b0022 cleared the and came right back the last 2 codes are for the radio the first was steering wheel controls entertainment circuit board got on pro demand and started going throw everything it list the check did the self diagnosis test and it fails at steep 4 the battery isn't very but I load tested it just to be sure I seen in the list of stuff to check the 2 wheel sensor and 2 on the trans I have not checked yet going to be starting back on it this weekend working nights this week don't give me much time to mess with it
Old 12-02-2016, 10:20 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it may be the SET switch on the cruise control with that code for steering wheel controls.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Teching In

From the steps I got to said it was the switch or cruise module hope to get them tested tomar but when I pulled the plug at the module and tested acceleration and deceleration from switch it showed right voltage I never seen anything with such a complicated system that has so many things that can affect it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 04 cruise