Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Holden/GTO forums...

Old 08-09-2004, 11:58 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Holden/GTO forums...

Since they are the same platform should the Holden guys post in here, or vice versa? I have my opinion, others have theirs.

I am just wondering what the user population thinks? Should all the info be in one forum or two? Just looking for other folks input.

BTW, no we aren't about to put them together. I'm just looking for what the users think on this.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally think each car should have it own forum.. You can say the same thing for the Camro and Trans Am, but there are seperate forums for those as well...
Old 08-09-2004, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

I agree, the Monaro and GTO are both different in many respects. There are alot of differences between the american and australian versions. Keep it simple, keep it seperated.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:03 PM
TECH Veteran

The Monaro and GTO are the same car with very minor changes. Most everything done with the Monaro can be applied to the GTO, which is why I joined some Australia based Holden forums. They are a wealth of information on the GTO.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although I am not yet a GTO owner, I don't have a problem with the Aussies chiming in. They have a whole lot more history with the Holden line. Their G2 on issues, fixes, etc is valuable saving GTO owners time and money.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:37 AM
Staging Lane

Thats right the cars are built by the same factory Holden, So if we can give you guys a hand or tips we would love to, We can also keep you updated on the up comming model changes. Like my mate drove a truck load of GTO's to the airport with 6LT on them this was months back now. Also you guys might get the 6LT before us and could give us heads up on performence.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool

Originally Posted by RatedZ
I agree, the Monaro and GTO are both different in many respects. There are alot of differences between the american and australian versions. Keep it simple, keep it seperated.
They are?

Let's see, the moved the gas tank for safety reasons which allowed them to install a true dual exhaust system, added some weather stripping capable of enduring old man winter here in the states and gave us a set of 17" wheels already used in the Holden stable.

Inside, the dash is the same except that it has been converted to left hand drive, we get dials for our HVAC controls instead of the nice digital headunit and we don't have the flipout cupholders in the decorative bezel along the center stack.

Cosemtically we get a different front end and their optional spoiler is standard here.

That's about the only differences in the car.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:53 PM
Staging Lane

We now have the gas tank forward also.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice setup SlickHolden!
In the Dec 2002 issue of Motor magazine was when I first noticed heard of the Aussie GTO coming to the States. Did the AWD Commodore V8 SSX Hatchback ever come to life? Max Wolff was the designer.
The HRT427 was a nice, but pricey idea too @ ~600hp! We need a 300KW+ Holden sedan here in the States - SOON! I'm considering the CTS-V because I need a sedan as a work vehicle. Any knowledge of a sedan coming our way would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cool

Originally Posted by SlickHolden
We now have the gas tank forward also.
Ours is in the trunk though. So unless yours is there now, it's still different.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RocketSSled
Nice setup SlickHolden!
In the Dec 2002 issue of Motor magazine was when I first noticed heard of the Aussie GTO coming to the States. Did the AWD Commodore V8 SSX Hatchback ever come to life? Max Wolff was the designer.
The HRT427 was a nice, but pricey idea too @ ~600hp! We need a 300KW+ Holden sedan here in the States - SOON! I'm considering the CTS-V because I need a sedan as a work vehicle. Any knowledge of a sedan coming our way would be greatly appreciated.
At this stage the SSX looks like it could be released with VE maybe 2006, I herd they had some saftey problems with the rear as a hatch which they needed to fix.
As for a 300kw ? Only one is the HSV GTS but im not sure about HSV sending them to the U.S. I think you best bet could be when we get ls2 rumors are 295kw maybe series 2 of the VZ or VE. Or grab a Chev lumina SS and there are plenty guys here that grab the extra KW's with $2,000 or so could have it running around 280kw plus easy.
But i will keep the ear on the ground and listen to any info on HSV GTS or any other sedan Going to the U.S if there is any news they will tell the hole country.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57
Ours is in the trunk though. So unless yours is there now, it's still different.
That was the first model we also had our series3 in the boot, Now its forward mounted so the twin exhaust can fitboth sides. So you will have the twin exhaust with twin pipes rear for GTO 2005
Old 08-11-2004, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Gotcha.

See RatedZ, one less difference now!
Old 08-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Staging Lane

Both cars will have forward mounted tanks, as of VZ

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Holden/GTO forums...