Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Performance Handling

Old 10-07-2004, 01:04 AM
BJG
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Handling

I'm from a company here in Australia (King Springs Pty Ltd) who have developed an extensive range of coil spring products to cater for just about all types of suspension preferences for the GTO's. We have developed tapered wire progressive rate coils for both front & rear with various rates from comfort through to performance applications.
We are heavily involved in the motorsport scene here in Australia, working closely with many of the leading V8 Supercar teams.
The Australian equivalent of the GTO is the Holden GTS, & CV8 Monaro and King Springs has both distributed and installed coil springs in a great number of these vehicles, offering varying heights and spring rates.

We have also introduced a lowered 1” Part No. KHFL-47HHD which is a new ‘double end tapered’ design specially manufactured for top end performance. This design has a spring rate of 350lb” at the first inch, increasing to 500lb” at the second inch from vehicle ride height.
The above coils are complimented by two new Part No’s KHRL-45HHD & KHRL-46HHD (refer Sept. newsletter) in the rear giving similar top end performance with the height options giving a level (46HHD) or slightly raised rear look(45HHD). These coils are a tapered wire design with a spring rate of 600/1000lb”

Please don’t hesitate to drop me a line for any further assistance or questions

brad@kingsprings.com.au
www.kingsprings.com.au
Old 10-11-2004, 02:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 430 Likes on 306 Posts

Do any of these suspension mods help with the wheel hop on takeoff?
Old 10-13-2004, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BJG
We have also introduced a lowered 1” Part No. KHFL-47HHD which is a new ‘double end tapered’ design specially manufactured for top end performance. This design has a spring rate of 350lb” at the first inch, increasing to 500lb” at the second inch from vehicle ride height.
The above coils are complimented by two new Part No’s KHRL-45HHD & KHRL-46HHD (refer Sept. newsletter) in the rear giving similar top end performance with the height options giving a level (46HHD) or slightly raised rear look(45HHD). These coils are a tapered wire design with a spring rate of 600/1000lb”

Please don’t hesitate to drop me a line for any further assistance or questions

brad@kingsprings.com.au
www.kingsprings.com.au
The car needs more roll stiffness, what do you have in the way of swaybars, i.e. anti-roll bars? Know of any camber plates? The car needs more static camber, perhaps more camber gain as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Performance Handling