Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

warranty friendly headers

Old 01-02-2005, 10:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warranty friendly headers

i was wanting to get some headers installed in a few months and i am wondering what r the best headers that wont void warranty( installed by dealer of coarse) or any other good bang for your buck mods....

thx guys
Old 01-02-2005, 11:05 PM
TECH Resident

Headers are not completely 'warrenty friendly' by any means. It all depends on your dealership and what you may need to take your car in for service on.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Launching!

what i mean is r there any headers mad eby any company( that perform decently) that the dealer will install but not void warranty if they cause something to go wrong....i guess i should just call dealership....idk
Old 01-03-2005, 12:10 AM
Launching!

yeah, itd definitely be a dealership issue. you might find a cool one thatd do it, and 10 others that wouldnt. I had a dealership that would honor my warranty on my old GMC after it was lifted, and another that wouldve voided my warranty if Id even asked for something. Definitely check around, and youll probly find a good one.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:29 AM
Launching!

alright yea i baought it from one about 170 miles away but got a dealership 30 mins from me so i will see what they say....thanks
Old 01-03-2005, 02:20 AM
TECH Resident

Spellchecker... It is your friend!
Old 01-04-2005, 09:05 AM
Banned

Defiantly talk to the service manager before bringing in a car. The headers themselves would only void an exhaust warranty so who cares... BUT if you have headers and it looks like you have done other things they can have an assumption that you were racing or hard on your car and try to use that to not do warranty work.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Speed Inc Webmaster
Defiantly talk to the service manager before bringing in a car. The headers themselves would only void an exhaust warranty so who cares... BUT if you have headers and it looks like you have done other things they can have an assumption that you were racing or hard on your car and try to use that to not do warranty work.
A dealership would be on fine grounds to void your powertrain warranty with headers. Not only does it stress your drivetrain through more power, but is also changes the AFR of the engine.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mr2guru
A dealership would be on fine grounds to void your powertrain warranty with headers. Not only does it stress your drivetrain through more power, but is also changes the AFR of the engine.
Not to mention the only headers worth doing, long tubes, run REALLY close to the steering rack. In the event something happens to your rack they'd probably blame the excessive heat
Old 01-05-2005, 11:35 PM
JSU
Teching In

arent headers good for the engine? the held against back pressure and get rid of the ehause as quickly as possible.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JSU
arent headers good for the engine? the held against back pressure and get rid of the ehause as quickly as possible.
From an engine standpoint, when tuned correctly for AFR, they are good for it. From a driveline standpoint they can only increase wear through more power delivered by the engine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: warranty friendly headers