Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Heads/Cam/Rocker package

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Heads/Cam/Rocker package

Has anyone on here every dealt with this company and do you think it's a good deal for what they are offering??? Just click on the link the rest is self-explanatory... In reference to '04 GTO's

http://www.redlineperformanceenginee...campackage.htm
Old 02-09-2006, 08:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DaGreightOne
Has anyone on here every dealt with this company and do you think it's a good deal for what they are offering??? Just click on the link the rest is self-explanatory... In reference to '04 GTO's

http://www.redlineperformanceenginee...campackage.htm
No experience with them but the price is awesome. I've heard mixed reviews for Patriot heads, however.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

t t t
Old 02-09-2006, 10:42 PM
Banned

I wouldn't do it, but that's me.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 05_GTO
I wouldn't do it, but that's me.
Because...?
Old 02-10-2006, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jagular
Because...?
and yeah because???
Old 02-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Teching In

The Patriot heads had a bad rep for awhile, quality control was subpar. From what I understand, they've gotten much better this past year, so this could be a great price for a decent setup. I'm curious as to what the HP difference is between the stage II and stage III.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Teching In

DaGreightOne, check out this thread for some information on the Patriot heads:

http://ls1gto.com/forums/showthread....+heads+quality
Old 02-12-2006, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

thanks jagular
Old 02-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Banned

Hmmm why even bring up AFR heads in your advertisement? I mean they do cost a bit of money because they work
Old 02-13-2006, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by J&J Speed Shop
Hmmm why even bring up AFR heads in your advertisement? I mean they do cost a bit of money because they work
I must be missing something. Who brought up the AFR heads? DaGreightOne was asking about a package that included Patriot heads.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:11 PM
Banned

Yeah I wouldn't get it cuz of the heads. You pretty much get what you pay for IMO.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

I must be missing something. Who brought up the AFR heads? DaGreightOne was asking about a package that included Patriot heads.
thanks man... I was going to buy a set of AFR for my 10 sec street truck but now I think I'm going to go with Brodix or anyone other than AFR just because this guy is a d!ck... Man you hit it right on the head, we weren't talking about AFR we were talking about a package. But, I don't know if the package is that bad. I did some research and followed the link that you referred and then I followed the links that that link referred and came to the conclusion that for the price the package can actually put down 450rwhp (with a small cam). That's all I'm really looking for, like I said I have a street truck that terrorizes the streets of TX, LA and MS. So I don't need two vehicles that perform the same role I want stock like drivability and dependability with a fun to drive factor of 1000 on a scale from 1 to 10.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Teching In

thanks man... I was going to buy a set of AFR for my 10 sec street truck but now I think I'm going to go with Brodix or anyone other than AFR just because this guy is a d!ck... Man you hit it right on the head, we weren't talking about AFR we were talking about a package. But, I don't know if the package is that bad. I did some research and followed the link that you referred and then I followed the links that that link referred and came to the conclusion that for the price the package can actually put down 450rwhp (with a small cam). That's all I'm really looking for, like I said I have a street truck that terrorizes the streets of TX, LA and MS. So I don't need two vehicles that perform the same role I want stock like drivability and dependability with a fun to drive factor of 1000 on a scale from 1 to 10.
Sounds like a sweet setup. I'm pretty interested in the package deal, also. One of my buddies is selling his AFR's, though, at a great price (still more expensive than the package deal). What to do? What to do...
Old 02-17-2006, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like a sweet setup. I'm pretty interested in the package deal, also. One of my buddies is selling his AFR's, though, at a great price (still more expensive than the package deal). What to do? What to do...

ah.. buy the package... Lol... just a little sarcasm... No pun intended...
Old 02-20-2006, 04:42 AM
Teching In

The reason they brought up the AFR heads was because on the main website (http://www.redlineperformanceenginee...campackage.htm) red line performance engineering compares their package to the cost of AFR heads. I have the SLP head and Cam package with AFR heads and a COMP Cam that cost just over $3000 from lmperformance.com. Currently it is making 399RWHP and 346RWTQ but that is low because the tuner forgot to lock the 3600+ torque converter and the traction control was left on. I'm guessing i'll be making 450 rwhp and 425 rwtq when i get the retune. But i am happy as hell with my car, there is enough power through out the power band. Not sure about patroit heads performance, but i agree with the comment of you get what you pay for.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks man... I was going to buy a set of AFR for my 10 sec street truck but now I think I'm going to go with Brodix or anyone other than AFR just because this guy is a d!ck.
Don't misjudge the quality or performance of the AFR cylinder heads by this one guy's post. He's not even a stocking dealer, nor an expert in the field...

You should look very carefully at them and judge them strictly by their results...

Ed
Old 02-20-2006, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by EDC
Don't misjudge the quality or performance of the AFR cylinder heads by this one guy's post. He's not even a stocking dealer, nor an expert in the field...

You should look very carefully at them and judge them strictly by their results...

Ed
True... Good point but it's amazing how some people can say/type the wrong thing and **** everyone off...

Eventhough you have the AFR's, what do you think about the package???
Old 02-20-2006, 04:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True... Good point but it's amazing how some people can say/type the wrong thing and **** everyone off...

Eventhough you have the AFR's, what do you think about the package???
I have to tread lightly on this site... I'm not a sponsor...

If you want my thoughts, a set of AFR 205 heads and a custom cam profile is still the best "package" out there for the money. As long as the right peripherals are used, along with a good tuner like Jeff Creech, these types of packages can make upwards of 400 to 425 "streetable" RWHP in an M6 GTO...

Check out LS1GTO.com and look for the Oster brothers and "Bone" over there. Some of the best AFR/small custom cam examples out there...

Ed
Old 02-20-2006, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by EDC
I have to tread lightly on this site... I'm not a sponsor...

If you want my thoughts, a set of AFR 205 heads and a custom cam profile is still the best "package" out there for the money. As long as the right peripherals are used, along with a good tuner like Jeff Creech, these types of packages can make upwards of 400 to 425 "streetable" RWHP in an M6 GTO...

Check out LS1GTO.com and look for the Oster brothers and "Bone" over there. Some of the best AFR/small custom cam examples out there...

Ed
ED,

I'm not a doctor (even though my mother's a nurse), man I need a more affordable package. AFR's by themselves are $2500 after bolts and gaskets... So why would anyone do that, if they are economical are should I say borderline poor... LOL just joking... But I hope you see my point, dollar for dollar it doesn't seem like a wise investment, unless you are performing full blown racing events. But one thing that you said that grabbed my attention is that several people are running the heads and keeping the stock like drivability of their cars. If that is true, they may be worth $2500. But, if it behaves just like any other after market head, then they are not an option unless AFR has a 50% off sale. If I can make 450rwhp or somewhere close to that number and still be able to drive my car anywhere I want without the worry of over heating, stalling, temperamental behavior or obnoxious noise then I would be interested in it... I guess I would just have to get a second job at Home Depot on the weekend... LOL...

Quick Reply: Heads/Cam/Rocker package