Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Red GTO badges...?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red GTO badges...?

I was curious as to where people get the silver/red GTO, or 5.7/6.0 fender badges..? My car obviously has the factory silver/black ones. Anyone know how quality they are and how much they cost? I am "considering" getting these on my Impulse Blue 04 when I get my red brake calipers..? I think a tiny bit of red will set off the blue nicely (if you think I'm wrong, please tell me)! Also, if anyone has these on the IBM Goats please show me. Thanks!
Old 12-06-2006, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 88MONTESS
I was curious as to where people get the silver/red GTO, or 5.7/6.0 fender badges..? My car obviously has the factory silver/black ones. Anyone know how quality they are and how much they cost? I am "considering" getting these on my Impulse Blue 04 when I get my red brake calipers..? I think a tiny bit of red will set off the blue nicely (if you think I'm wrong, please tell me)! Also, if anyone has these on the IBM Goats please show me. Thanks!
Is this what you are looking for?

LINK
Old 12-07-2006, 04:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

someone had a kit that included all the little checkers too
Old 12-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by KrautBurner
someone had a kit that included all the little checkers too
that would be grafxwerks. I got the dynamic CF background with blue flags
Old 12-07-2006, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

Wow, thanks for the info & the link! Thats exactly what I was lookin for!
Old 12-08-2006, 01:11 PM
Staging Lane

Grafwerk has some really cool dress up stuff, I think I'll get some minor stuff to set my Goat apart - silver 04's need all the help they can get. I noticed they have a ton more stuff available for GTO's than any other car.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chilly Palmer
Grafwerk has some really cool dress up stuff, I think I'll get some minor stuff to set my Goat apart - silver 04's need all the help they can get. I noticed they have a ton more stuff available for GTO's than any other car.
I think thats cause on ls1gto we've bugged the hell out of Ryan to make custom stuff that is now in his product line!
Old 12-13-2006, 03:58 AM
Staging Lane

www.rksport.com
Old 12-13-2006, 04:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STEALTH01

where?
Old 12-13-2006, 06:32 AM
Staging Lane

i did it to all mine and got the reflective red ones so when light hits it it sticks out

Old 12-13-2006, 08:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

For the emblems it sounds like some red paint and a small detail paint brush would take care of the emblems and a can of red spray paint will color your calipers red..you can do the whole project in a couple of hours..that is all it took me.. I repaint them once a year in the spring time to keep them looking fresh...cost of the project is less than $10 ..
Old 12-14-2006, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slt200mph
For the emblems it sounds like some red paint and a small detail paint brush would take care of the emblems and a can of red spray paint will color your calipers red..you can do the whole project in a couple of hours..that is all it took me.. I repaint them once a year in the spring time to keep them looking fresh...cost of the project is less than $10 ..
Is it a pain to paint them? Do you have to take the calipers off, wash em totally down with degreaser, and then spray em? Do you have any pics of yours?
Old 12-14-2006, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by silverls2gto05
i did it to all mine and got the reflective red ones so when light hits it it sticks out

Looks good!
Old 12-19-2006, 03:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 88MONTESS
Is it a pain to paint them? Do you have to take the calipers off, wash em totally down with degreaser, and then spray em? Do you have any pics of yours?

It is not a big deal get a couple of cans of brake clean and remove the caliper brackets and wash them with soap and water use the brake clean on the calipers and get them clean..you do not have to even unhook them from the brake lines..get some trash bags to go over the wheel hubs to cover them from being painted...you can do all 4 in a couple of hours if you have a jack and jack stands...I use a color called stainless steel that you can buy at home depot that duplicates the factory color on the caliper brackets and the center of the rotors...I use emergency red also bought at home depot to do the calipers...you do not need the high heat paint unless you autocross or road race...if your are going to turn the rotors and do a brake job no need to even mask off the part of the rotors where the brake calipers squeeze the rotors..the lathe will take off the over spray while the rotors are being turned..I did mine when I did my first brake job and freshened them up once a year in the spring time..or when ever I do a new brake job.. I'll have to look and see if I have any close up pics.. there is a article on LS1Howto.com for those who need a detailed description of how to do this...they use high heat paint but I have found that it is not needed and I run my car pretty hard from time to time ... or if this sounds like too much for you find a shop that does powder coating and take them there ... as far as the emblems go I use the 1969 Z28 emblems on my Camaro ... don't care for the late model (4th gen) ones myself .. and after a while the weather dulls the red Z and \ and the white 28 gets a little dirty looking..I get model air plane paint at WalMart and a very small paint brush and repaint them every spring time to keep them looking new ... it works like a champ ...

Last edited by slt200mph; 12-19-2006 at 03:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Red GTO badges...?