Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Gen TTr Install Finishing up (couple pics of install)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 04:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gen TTr Install Finishing up (couple pics of install)

My installer is putting the finishing touches on my kit and I am hoping to have it back by this weekend. He put on the AIS Meth kit and boy was he impressed. He is looking at buying one for himself and may even become a dealer. I am still waiting on the boost controller to get in and to button up all the wiring required plus the battery relocation. I will post up more information and dyno sheets/vids when they become available.

All pics can be seen here http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l3.../daniel%20gto/

Last edited by ArklaTexan; 07-02-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Yea we just stared her up and she runs great! should be out by the weekend.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by firefly9r68
Yea we just stared her up and she runs great! should be out by the weekend.
Man after seeing all these TT and supercharger setups I am thinking its time to lower my compression and toss one on my 408.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:00 PM
10 Second Club

You would love it trust me! I was 592rwhp and 680rwhp full boltons and 150 shot and just wanted that power all the time.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ArklaTexan
You would love it trust me! I was 592rwhp and 680rwhp full boltons and 150 shot and just wanted that power all the time.
Thanks for posting Arkla!

That set-up looks great!

I make close to that power right now. I'am wanting it all the time....people like you can be such a bad influence.

Keep us posted........

Go enjoy it!
Old 07-02-2008, 01:07 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah i was addicted to the nitrous!! Decided I didnt want to worry about having my bottle full all the time so I went this route. I will probably be around the same mark until I forge my bottom end. I dont plan on going past 650rwhp until I forge
Old 07-02-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah I wouldn't go much more north of the 650ish range until forging the car.

How much boost are you running now?
How much more PSI with the METH?

What cam do you have in the car?

Sorry for the interogation style questions, I'am interested in this kit.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:35 PM
10 Second Club

I had a cam speced by Shawn @ Va Speed for my setup. I wanted a cam that would make the most from my setup while still sounding as stock as possible. 220/224 .581/.581 115+4 degrees of advance. "The +4 means there is 4degress of advance ground into the cam,helps idle a little better and really helps spool up." according to him.

We are looking at staying around 9-10psi with meth until I forge
Old 07-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Banned

Slow.....lol.....
You better forge that bitch up!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
Slow.....lol.....

LOL. +1
What up Jimmy, where ya been?
Old 07-02-2008, 07:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
Slow.....lol.....
Dont worry Jimmy we will be making a trip down to see you and I will not post up whether I am forged or not LOL

Are you up and running yet? Besides forging the engine I will need to save up for new axles stubs and drivshafts as well as a minitub and suspension. I am looking at another 10-12k to button her up and then just spend money on repairs LOL. It never ends.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:29 PM
10 Second Club

Oh and I can always make it go boom earlier by filling my nitrous bottle and firing it off hahaha
Old 07-20-2008, 07:41 AM
10 Second Club

Well I have it back kind of sorta. Here is a little background: we had been working out some wiring gremlins and issues with the maf. After several days of banging our heads against the wall and talking to shops all over the US and no one having a clue what is going on we stumble upon the issue. So I am excited as my car is going to the dyno AGAIN and thinking it is finally done. WRONG! He does a couple of 3rd gear pulls first to see if she is going to pull through the rough spots and she does. He goes into fourth for the pull hammers it and it is like a freight train, he hits 4800-5000rpm with tq an rwhp on a mustang just over 500 and the car flatlines. I mean it went from a mountain cliff to a plateau! He is like wtf and he notices that smell and sees smoke entering the car!

My 8000mile BOP clutch has just let go. Are you freaking kidding me! He calls me with the bad news and I am like great my wife is going to kill me LOL I call bop and we talk for a while and holy crap they stand behind their product! I talk with him for a while and he tells me he is getting it put into the mail (last friday) I am getting a brand new clutch and a new designed pressure plate. I call my tuner back and ask if the car can be driven on the bad clutch and he says sure just no fourth gear pulls. I want to drive my car and dont care if it is not finished as it has been in the shop for two months. Since we were not able to get a full tune on it he dumps in more fuel along with the MEth and has me running really rich so I cant destroy the engine LOL.

Ok for how it drives. First off the blow off valves freaking rock, I almost creamed my pants when I first heard it. With the car running so rich it hits a wall if you go WOT from idle/cruising. If you ease into it say 25% let it get into boost and then hit it, it is like the starship enterprise hitting warp speed. It roast the tires all the way to 90! It is so much fun I just can't wait to break in the new clutch and get the real tune to see this beast unleashed.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ArklaTexan
Well I have it back kind of sorta. Here is a little background: we had been working out some wiring gremlins and issues with the maf. After several days of banging our heads against the wall and talking to shops all over the US and no one having a clue what is going on we stumble upon the issue. So I am excited as my car is going to the dyno AGAIN and thinking it is finally done. WRONG! He does a couple of 3rd gear pulls first to see if she is going to pull through the rough spots and she does. He goes into fourth for the pull hammers it and it is like a freight train, he hits 4800-5000rpm with tq an rwhp on a mustang just over 500 and the car flatlines. I mean it went from a mountain cliff to a plateau! He is like wtf and he notices that smell and sees smoke entering the car!

My 8000mile BOP clutch has just let go. Are you freaking kidding me! He calls me with the bad news and I am like great my wife is going to kill me LOL I call bop and we talk for a while and holy crap they stand behind their product! I talk with him for a while and he tells me he is getting it put into the mail (last friday) I am getting a brand new clutch and a new designed pressure plate. I call my tuner back and ask if the car can be driven on the bad clutch and he says sure just no fourth gear pulls. I want to drive my car and dont care if it is not finished as it has been in the shop for two months. Since we were not able to get a full tune on it he dumps in more fuel along with the MEth and has me running really rich so I cant destroy the engine LOL.

Ok for how it drives. First off the blow off valves freaking rock, I almost creamed my pants when I first heard it. With the car running so rich it hits a wall if you go WOT from idle/cruising. If you ease into it say 25% let it get into boost and then hit it, it is like the starship enterprise hitting warp speed. It roast the tires all the way to 90! It is so much fun I just can't wait to break in the new clutch and get the real tune to see this beast unleashed.

Congrats on getting it back brother!

BOP sound like a great group of stand up guys. That's awesome!

Sounds like a blast to drive!

Quick Reply: Gen TTr Install Finishing up (couple pics of install)