Project Comments & Discussion Use this forum to discuss Sponsor projects.

-Discussion- Virginia Speed, not you average speed shop

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 03:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Default -Discussion- Virginia Speed, not you average speed shop

https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-v...peed-shop.html

Isn't that the same as a dyna-cam? I remember hearing about a lawsuit over it. Not taking anything away from it or your guys involvement in making it work but this technology isn't really new. The multi fuel and engine management is new for sure but the engine itself has been around in various forms for years. This is really cool and it is a great idea and I'm sure it was not an easy road to get where it is now. Just curious not trying to start a bashing session or take away from what was accomplished, which is a lot.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Could a mod please add "discussion" or something like that to the title, to avoid confusion with the original thread? I meant to and forgot to do it before I posted it. Thanks. Sorry Edcmat.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Could a mod please add "discussion" or something like that to the title, to avoid confusion with the original thread? I meant to and forgot to do it before I posted it. Thanks. Sorry Edcmat.
No need to apologize.

The technology has been around for a while. Patents have ran out. The things is though, it's never been done in this size/form before. There are still some small versions out there. Doug has flown out a couple times looking at a couple different ones. This is supposed to be the biggest, and only diesel in existance.

Now that it's proven, we (they) are moving on to how the technology will be used. We're looking at projects that require a much smaller unit. Also we're looking at doing a 12 cylinder.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It actually looks alot like a swash plate a/c compressor with fuel nozzels added. They have been around for quite a while.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:08 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gectek
It actually looks alot like a swash plate a/c compressor with fuel nozzels added. They have been around for quite a while.
That's almost exact what it is. The AC compressor has been around for some time, but a diesel engine like this has not. One drives, one is driven.

Quick Reply: -Discussion- Virginia Speed, not you average speed shop