Project Comments & Discussion Use this forum to discuss Sponsor projects.

W2W tensioner pulley!

Old 05-07-2007, 04:25 PM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default W2W tensioner pulley!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-vehicle-projects-shop-tours/616450-w2w-2000-camaro-ss-build-update-02-02-07-a.html

on this car i see you have a special tensioner pulley with really high tight belt fitment.... where can i get one and how much?
Old 05-07-2007, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks like a truck tensioner with a diffrent pully on it.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It is a stock tensioner with a pulley we make on it, it keeps the belt on at high RPM. The pulley is 175 dollars.

Kurt
Old 05-08-2007, 11:00 AM
7 Second Club

do you guys prefer this over the manual tensioners... i ask this since the price is quite a bit more than manual tensioners.

thanks,

Tyler
Old 05-08-2007, 11:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Tyler, we do prefer this over the manual tensioner, although we have used those also. The problem with a manual tensioner is it does not take up slack at high rpm caused by belt stretch. To compensate we ran the belt tension high so it would work out in the high rpm band. After some dyno testing we found the high walls would keep the belt on at high rpm and the spring tension would keep the belt from slipping. We may someday give this part a number and make some quantity, but right now they are made one off, and only used on engines that run sustained speed over 7500rpm.

Kurt
Originally Posted by ty_ty13
do you guys prefer this over the manual tensioners... i ask this since the price is quite a bit more than manual tensioners.

thanks,

Tyler
Old 05-08-2007, 01:42 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by 427
Tyler, we do prefer this over the manual tensioner, although we have used those also. The problem with a manual tensioner is it does not take up slack at high rpm caused by belt stretch. To compensate we ran the belt tension high so it would work out in the high rpm band. After some dyno testing we found the high walls would keep the belt on at high rpm and the spring tension would keep the belt from slipping. We may someday give this part a number and make some quantity, but right now they are made one off, and only used on engines that run sustained speed over 7500rpm.

Kurt
i have problems with the belt jumping off my blown 408... have you had success or would you recomend this pulley for my application...

what you have mentioned above i have thought about and didnt really like the idea of manual tensioners.... there is a need for these and if you could get them to cost around 100$ i think they would be a good piece...

however i am still interrested because i still need a good working tensioner.

Thanks,

Tyler
Old 05-08-2007, 02:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Tyler, I have never used this tensioner on a blower belt. If your blower is seperate and you need the tensioner to run your normal 6 rib beltline, this pulley will keep the belt on.

I understand on the cost, but we don't use enough parts to warrant production of this part at this time.

Let me know if you need one and I will ship it your way.

Kurt
i have problems with the belt jumping off my blown 408... have you had success or would you recomend this pulley for my application...

what you have mentioned above i have thought about and didnt really like the idea of manual tensioners.... there is a need for these and if you could get them to cost around 100$ i think they would be a good piece...

however i am still interrested because i still need a good working tensioner.

Thanks,

Tyler
Old 05-08-2007, 02:50 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by 427
Tyler, I have never used this tensioner on a blower belt. If your blower is seperate and you need the tensioner to run your normal 6 rib beltline, this pulley will keep the belt on.

I understand on the cost, but we don't use enough parts to warrant production of this part at this time.

Let me know if you need one and I will ship it your way.

Kurt
thanks for your quick responses and i appreciate your customer service.

does this pulley have bearings and anything else it needs to go on?
Old 05-08-2007, 05:05 PM
TECH Junkie

The bearing and retention clip is in, you just remove your old pulley and put this on with the same bolt.

Kurt
thanks for your quick responses and i appreciate your customer service.

does this pulley have bearings and anything else it needs to go on?
Old 05-09-2007, 01:39 AM
10 Second Club

sweet let us know how it works on the blower!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: W2W tensioner pulley!