Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

mustang owners vs lsx car owners

Old 09-19-2009, 08:36 AM   #1
Teching In

Trader Rating: 0
Default mustang owners vs lsx car owners

I am just wondering why most mustang owners either early or late model like to shun ls car owners? I personally like all cars just for the time and money and effort put into them. I happen to hang with mustang,corvette, firebird and camaro, and even street rod guys.

Am i just imangining this? But being a camaro owner 4th gen owner most ford mustang owners are really stand offish about my car.

Can anyone explain why this happens.

thanks for your replys

DATZ KOOL
datz kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
On The Tree

Trader Rating: 1
Send a message via AIM to Minacious Send a message via MSN to Minacious Send a message via Yahoo to Minacious

I've always found the rivalry absurd.

For some, it is just friendly fun going back to the early days of Chevy vs Ford, but for many, they treat it like a religion and you are disrespecting their God by owning the other brand. Or better yet, your car is complete trash and couldn't possibly live up to theirs. That goes for Ford guys looking down on Chevy, and vice versa. You can also throw America vs the world and vice versa into the mix too, when it comes to cars.

Being a sportbike enthusiast, I see the same thing in the motorcycle world with sportbikes and Harleys.

I am a car/bike guy and appreciate a good machine no matter where it is from. That goes for Import, American, or European.

Having brand loyalty, like you are a soldier in a war, is just silly.

Last edited by Minacious; 09-19-2009 at 08:59 AM..
Minacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #3
Launching!

Just brand loyalty. Without it, racing wouldn't be as fun because you wouldn't have the smack talk before. You'll get some guys who believe their brand of car is the end-all to everything. Then you get guys like you, whom just enjoy cars as a whole.

I personally like brand loyalty. Not that I think F-bodies are the greatest thing out there or anything. But my friends and I just smack talk with each other (jokingly) saying "Oh, his mustang is for prepubescent little girls." Or "Your Camaro come with a mullet?" Stuff like that. But it's just a part of the game.

I respect anything that goes fast. Hell, I'm slower than sweat on ***** and I know there are tons of mustangs, civics, EVOs, etc that are faster and better. Plus, if there wasn't brand loyalty, we probably wouldn't have the camaro again. As camaro and mustang separates the crowd, they keep improving on one another.

But in the end.....there's always a faster car.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:07 AM   #4
Teching In

Thanks for your replys,

Its all a little clearer now. Oh yeah brand loyalty, Should i buy a new mustang just because they are doing so well in nhra stock and superstock?

How about next year? maybe a hemi challenger because they will be running harder?

Or maybe a 40 ****** with a blown bae 526,yeah i know what you are saying.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #5
Launching!

Trader Rating: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minacious View Post
I've always found the rivalry absurd.

For some, it is just friendly fun going back to the early days of Chevy vs Ford, but for many, they treat it like a religion and you are disrespecting their God by owning the other brand. Or better yet, your car is complete trash and couldn't possibly live up to theirs. That goes for Ford guys looking down on Chevy, and vice versa. You can also throw America vs the world and vice versa into the mix too, when it comes to cars.

Being a sportbike enthusiast, I see the same thing in the motorcycle world with sportbikes and Harleys.

I am a car/bike guy and appreciate a good machine no matter where it is from. That goes for Import, American, or European.

Having brand loyalty, like you are a soldier in a war, is just silly.
Yup. They're idiots. While I owned a Mustang, I've always been a Chevy/Camaro fan. As GM is now Obama/Government Motors, the Ford guys do at least have that to rag on us about.

The import crowd seems to be more approving/tolerant of other import brand vehicles than the domestic crowd. It's comical to me that Mustang and Camaro owners can't get along (the vehicles really have more in common than say a Civic and an STI). You don't see "Civic" or "Evo" shows (at least I haven't). You see "import" shows. It's a culture, whereas the domestic crowd is pretty well divided along company production lines (i've seen several "Mustang" only shows listed in this area).
johnlv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:30 AM   #6
TECH Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlv6 View Post
The import crowd seems to be more approving/tolerant of other import brand vehicles than the domestic crowd.
Apparently you've never seen a toyota Vs. Nissan argument, or a subaru Vs. Mitsubishi fight. Some of the worst ones are when rotards get involved, Rotary>all

Some people talk down other companies as a way of joking around, making jabs. Others, actually are ignorant to the extent that they are biased against certain cars or believe their make or model is superior to all others. They are the worst, sometimes they won't even listen to logic. A lot of the ones who blindly hate a certain car tend to know very little about them from what I've seen.

We have a few people who blindly hate the mustang on this board as well. Maybe they'll chime in with a stupid response.

Back on 'Tech and better than ever.
2003 C5 Z06 - Stock as a Rock and loving every second.

_

Last edited by DiscerningZ32; 09-19-2009 at 03:02 PM..
DiscerningZ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:36 AM   #7
TECH Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7
Send a message via AIM to Vicinity Send a message via MSN to Vicinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32 View Post
Apparently you've never seen a toyota Vs. Nissan argument, or a subaru Vs. Mitsubishi fight. Some of the worst ones are when rotards get involved, Rotary>all

Some people talk down other companies as a way of joking around, making jabs. Others, actually are ignorant to the extent that they are biased against certain cars or believe their make or model is superior to all others. They are the worst, sometimes they won't even listen to logic. A lot of the ones who blindly hate a certain car tend to know very little about them from what I've seen.

We have a few blind mustang haters on this board as well. Maybe they'll chime in with a stupid response.
We have more humble Mustang owners than we do moron ones.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #8
TECH Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicinity View Post
I meant both those who own mustangs and hate other cars (think we only have one) AND mostly those who hate mustangs for no good reason.

_
Old 09-19-2009, 11:21 AM   #9
Teching In

[QUOTE=DiscerningZ32;

Very true.

Are you saying that just because the owner might have somewhat of a clue on how to repair,mod, a certain make that its better than the make or model that he or she is not too informed about?
You can make anything fast,handle look good if you put enough money into it.

Should i spend one hundred grand just so everyone else will like it?

Your right its silly.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:29 PM   #10
TECH Senior Member

Trader Rating: 5

i personally like stangs as well!! nothing wrong with that. heck, ive been looking into a 5.0 as a daily driver.

Tuned by Cory@ Henderson Performance

2002 Z/28- SOLD
TXZ28LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:42 PM   #11
11 Second Club

Trader Rating: 11

I just kind of laugh at people who do that blind brand loyalty ****. Speed is speed, if you like how your car looks, and it truly is fast, enjoy. Just don't be an asshat about it.

<a href=http://i.imgur.com/tn8hstg.jpg target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/tn8hstg.jpg</a>
Gaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:56 PM   #12
Launching!

Its not just mustang vs camaro. Every brand has fan boys, heck there are even old car new car fan boys. Ever car seems to have its guys who no matter what you drive are great to talk to and bs about different cars and brands, then there are the guys who think the only fast car is the one they own.
supernova1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:01 PM   #13
Staging Lane

Quote:

We have a few blind mustang haters on this board as well. Maybe they'll chime in with a stupid response.

Chime*

Rotary powered cars make more power per liter than any other engine! ROTARY POWAH! Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:41 PM   #14
TECH Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci View Post
Chime*

Rotary powered cars make more power per liter than any other engine! ROTARY POWAH! Click the image to open in full size.
I was actually talking about people who blindly hate mustangs, not the other way around.

_
Old 09-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #15
On The Tree

Growing up, it was the "cool" thing to love on GM vehicles and hate on Fords.

So growing up, I loved GM vehicles and hated on Fords. This happened until I got to high school. A guy brought his dad's modded 89 GT to school and after school he mopped up all the "fast" cars with it. After watching that, and seeing all the hate and grief people gave him...I started really liking Fords...I guess pulling for the under dog.

I think to me, it's the rivalry with the ribbing and **** talking that makes it fun. I hang out with a lot of GM guys in a group, and most of them I get along with great, but there are always a few that REALLY hate a Ford...therefore they hate me. I don't really understand that way of thinking, but I see it a lot.
Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 02:16 PM   #16
TECH Apprentice

Quote:

Very well put.

I don't mind joking around knowing there's actual mutual respect. It's the ignorant lame asses or the I hate them 'just because' people, that make me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicinity View Post

OP - Ironically, a similar topic was brought up on SVTP. From what I (and others on that site have noticed) is there's more respect given to GMs/LSx on that site, than there is on this site for FMC. And before i get bashed, there were more GM/LSx guys saying that than Ford guys. Kinda makes ya think. ;-)
Old 09-19-2009, 09:40 PM   #17

Trader Rating: 14

Hell, I support all 3

(2) C6's...working on the 2nd one now
(2) SS Camaro's
(1) KB Cobra
(1) SRT8 300.

That's as good as it gets IMHO. ****, I've had some sweet cars and I'm still not happy.

C6Z Not Stock
JayplaySS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:29 PM   #18
11 Second Club

Trader Rating: 20

I hear ya man. I'm not saying this is how ALL mustang owner's are, (because that would be plain ignorant,) but all the one's I've met at car shows and such treat me like a dick just because I have a Trans Am. I like to joke around with "rival" cars, all in good fun, but I appreciate any well-done car.. Especially Cobra's.

This guy at a local car show saw me walk over from my car to his 2000 GT, and I asked him "Hey man, got anything good in there?" His response was, "Enough to put your piece of **** to shame." I'm sure..
Old 09-20-2009, 06:53 AM   #19
TECH Addict

Trader Rating: 6

Ive actually found it to be just the opposite....

Forged LY5 / Tune Time Perf. Custom Kit / s480/1.10/96mm / Hand Ported Z06 Heads / Tick Spec'd Cam / 60mm JGS Bov & Wg / LS2 Intake & 85mm TB / Moser 12 Bolt/3.42's / Built Trans. / Fuddle 3600 / Susp. / Aquamist Meth. / 80#'s
MonmouthCtyLS7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:02 AM   #20
Staging Lane

Trader Rating: 3
Send a message via AIM to 00ssSLP

I've owned all brands and as long as I can modify them and have fun I don't care what other people think or say..
Old 09-20-2009, 11:02 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
badges, camaro, car, fast, fastest, good, klingon, ls1, lsx, mustang, mustangs, owner, owners, planet, stupid