So it begins....UFC signs Jason "Mayhem" Miller - LS1TECH

Log In 


So it begins....UFC signs Jason "Mayhem" Miller

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
thislswon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: seymour indiana
Posts: 662
Default So it begins....UFC signs Jason "Mayhem" Miller

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/May...UFC-Deal-31823
thislswon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
TECH Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
ULTIMATEORANGESS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: eatontown,nj
Posts: 10,939
Default

im not surprised. im anxious to see who his first opponent will be.


how bout matt hughes?
ULTIMATEORANGESS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
thislswon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: seymour indiana
Posts: 662
Default

I will guess Bisping. Imagine the prefight hype with that one.....

Been a huge fan of Mayhem for many years. He deserved a 2nd chance in the UFC. For ***** sake he lost to GSP via decision and was cut....
thislswon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #4
11 Second Club
iTrader: (7)
 
AznMuscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Someplace Hot
Posts: 817
Default

Is excite. I love watching Mayhem fight.
AznMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:27 PM   #5
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
thislswon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: seymour indiana
Posts: 662
Default

This vid is pretty funny but if you just go to the 1:30 mark it gets funny as hell!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MRMTYxaZCY
thislswon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
11 Second Club
iTrader: (7)
 
AznMuscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Someplace Hot
Posts: 817
Default

Idk how the hell Jason kept such a straight face in all of that. Jesus I even thought it was real for a second.
AznMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:56 PM   #7
Village Idiot
 
JIBBBY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Santa Monica, California
Posts: 428
Default

Mayhem is one tough dude.. When fully dedicated to the sport he's a real tough out for just about anyone.

However, the UFC is a huge step up in recent competition for him. He surely won't be fighting guys like Kazushi Sakurage and Tim Stout anymore that's for sure.

Come to think of it Miller really hasn't fought anyone since he lost to Jake Shields back in 2009. I'm curious to see how he does in the UFC.

It's always fun watching the guy fight..

He's still a nut case and I will be pulling for the clown.....
JIBBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:07 PM   #8
Teching In
iTrader: (1)
 
wantmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Woodstock,GA
Posts: 43
Default

I hope he gets to fight Nick Diaz's punka$$ one day...
wantmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:17 PM   #9
TECH Veteran
iTrader: (30)
 
LS69TA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Texarkana, Tx
Posts: 4,390
Default

I can't wait to see Mayhem fight. He's one of my favorite fighters, and the dude is nuts he's one funny focker Gonna be interesting for sure.
LS69TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #10
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
thislswon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: seymour indiana
Posts: 662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
Kazushi Sakurage

thislswon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #11
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: lebanon, mo
Posts: 122
Default

This isn't meyhems 1st go round in the ufc.
f3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:16 PM   #12
TECH Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
ULTIMATEORANGESS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: eatontown,nj
Posts: 10,939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3racer View Post
This isn't meyhems 1st go round in the ufc.
he fought once and lost to GSP. nothing to be ashamed of.
ULTIMATEORANGESS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:30 PM   #13
Village Idiot
 
JIBBBY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Santa Monica, California
Posts: 428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thislswon View Post
Kazushi Sakuraba -

Tomato Can these days at age 42!!! - Another older Jap fighter that is living off a big Pride name of years past.

The guy is on a 3 fight losing streak, he is not near the fighter he once was..

Jason Miller made him look like a child in their fight. Jason absolutely toyed with him and made him look like a tool..

Thislswon you need to get with the times, and you obviously need to understand when fighters are either over hyped or far past their glory days and or prime..

Fight finder just for you -

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Kazushi-Sakuraba-84
JIBBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:38 PM   #14
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
GMmexican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
Kazushi Sakuraba -

Tomato Can these days at age 42!!! - Another older Jap fighter that is living off a big Pride name of years past.

The guy is on a 3 fight losing streak, he is not near the fighter he once was..

Jason Miller made him look like a child in their fight. Jason absolutely toyed with him and made him look like a tool..

Thislswon you need to get with the times, and you obviously need to understand when fighters are either over hyped or far past their glory days and or prime..

Fight finder just for you -

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Kazushi-Sakuraba-84
Sakuraba is a legend and always deeply respected by true MMA fans....his body is just falling apart, his ear fell off in the fight against Zurambkis and he no longer has any cartilage left in his knees

It depends on how you feel about how deep the UFC heavyweight division is.....Anderson Silva still sits on top of that division, its nice that zuffa signed Miller and Santiago to add some depth
GMmexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:11 AM   #15
LSX Mechanic
iTrader: (89)
 
Damian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 10,375
Default

It's too bad we won't get to see the quintessential Mayhem Miller entrances anymore. Watching that dude come out dancing with the girls and acting a fool was always a trip.

Big Mayhem Miller fan. I hope he does well. He gave Shields a run for his money.
Damian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:04 PM   #16
Teching In
iTrader: (1)
 
wantmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Woodstock,GA
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
It's too bad we won't get to see the quintessential Mayhem Miller entrances anymore. Watching that dude come out dancing with the girls and acting a fool was always a trip.

Big Mayhem Miller fan. I hope he does well. He gave Shields a run for his money.
Yeah Mayhem is a crazy dude, those entrances and the dancing to that weird song... He pretty much had Shields in a rear naked choke but time ran out of the round.
wantmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:13 PM   #17
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (67)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantmore View Post
Yeah Mayhem is a crazy dude, those entrances and the dancing to that weird song... He pretty much had Shields in a rear naked choke but time ran out of the round.
yeah he had jake,10 more seconds it would of been a mayhem win......

i hope he dedicates his *** to training & comes out better than ever....
heymoej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #18
LSX Mechanic
iTrader: (89)
 
Damian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 10,375
Default

FYI, the only reason Mayhem is coming to the UFC is due to his contract expiring with Strikeforce. Dana White has already said that ALL Strikeforce contracts will still be honored, and no fighter will be recruited to the UFC roster while still under contract with Strikeforce.
Damian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:35 PM   #19
Village Idiot
 
JIBBBY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Santa Monica, California
Posts: 428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
FYI, the only reason Mayhem is coming to the UFC is due to his contract expiring with Strikeforce. Dana White has already said that ALL Strikeforce contracts will still be honored, and no fighter will be recruited to the UFC roster while still under contract with Strikeforce.
Sounds like Dana White lied!!!! He's a ruthless **** of a business man that is still trying to create a monopoly in MMA..

I said this before, mergers to the UFC is not a good thing. It hurts MMA and creates less opportunities for the lessor fighters coming up in the sport.
JIBBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #20
TECH Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
ULTIMATEORANGESS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: eatontown,nj
Posts: 10,939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
Sounds like Dana White lied!!!! He's a ruthless **** of a business man that is still trying to create a monopoly in MMA..

I said this before, mergers to the UFC is not a good thing. It hurts MMA and creates less opportunities for the lessor fighters coming up in the sport.
theres good and bad. theres alot of fights fans wanted to see so now we'll to see some of them.

fighters like fedor, josh barnett, paul daley will probably have to fight overseas or in smaller organizations.

up and coming fighters can compete in smaller organizations throughout the country and world and work their way up.
ULTIMATEORANGESS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just saw this on yahoo about General Motors. Z28Mayhem Racer's Lounge 9 12-10-2013 07:01 AM
FUEL TV to become UFC programming hub, 2012 prelims moving off Facebook Kurlee Daddee Racer's Lounge 6 11-10-2011 12:01 PM
UFC on Versus tomorrow night.. JIBBBY Racer's Lounge 60 08-15-2011 10:52 PM
Mirko CroCop set to take Big Nog's place against Frank Mir @ UFC 119 Damian Racer's Lounge 40 08-24-2010 03:35 PM
Fedor vs Rogers and ufc 105 predictions GMmexican Racer's Lounge 238 11-17-2009 08:09 AM


Tags
alot, arms, club, fan, jason, join, joining, joins, mayhem, miller, moves, pride, signs, song, ufc

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.