Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Bull Dogs

Old 05-13-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
Teching In

Trader Rating: 0
Default Bull Dogs

does any one have a opinion about pit bull dogs. ive had several over the years and never had any that were mean. they are like any canine that you adopt. You feed them,love them and they give that love right back ten fold. I currently have two pitbull dogs and they are the sweetest most lovable companions I've ever had.

Last edited by Gaunt; 05-14-2011 at 02:03 PM..
mirror12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:27 PM   #2
TECH Regular

my uncle just had a pit/kurr cross pup dumped at his house. he gave her to my mom and she is the sweetest dog. she ate my step dad's green bean plants the other day. i had to go help put a pen after that. really pretty though.
msydow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:50 PM   #3
Teching In

a vegetarian pit? Good luck with that dog. pitsftw
mirror12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
TECH Junkie

I have a blue fawn pit and two pit mixes and I couldn't ask for better dogs. The baby is the blue fawn and he's a little over 4 months weighs in at 40lbs and is nothing more than a lap dog, lol. Now he will let you know when he doesn't like something say if someone walks up and all he does is bark and when you call him by his name, his tail will start wagging and he's as happy as ever. The other two, one male other female are the outside dogs and say if someone pulls up, they do the average bark, nothing aggressive or anything. I wouldn't give anything for my pits cause like the OP said, if you treat em right, there no different than say a collie or lab.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:30 PM   #5
TECH Addict

Treated well, Pits are great! They're still more likely to be aggressive than most other breeds which could actually cause serious harm to people, so I like to have them around other dogs as much as possible from the start. I've got 6 dogs now, including 4 six week old Jack Russell mix pups, an adult female JR and a male lab/shepherd mix. Not looking for more, but another Pitbull wouldn't bug me if I was. Had and got rid of 9 about this time 2yrs ago. My brother got one and a friend got another. Aside from those, I have no idea where they wound up, but my nephew took the 7 and gave them to his g/f whose father made her give them away. Takers were NOT difficult to find.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:36 PM   #6
TECH Addict

Trader Rating: 14

Pitbulls are freaking awesome!! I love all the ones i've had growing up. They are extremely intelligent and will do anything to please. They are also GREAT with children.

They do have one pitfall, they don't usually care for other smaller dogs. I have never had a Pit bite anyone, adult or child. Hell my stupid Dalmation was the only dog i've ever had that bit someone.

www.Fquick.com/djsanchez2
"Spending money I don't have, to buy parts I don't need, to impress people I don't know!" - Grumpy Jenkins

djsanchez2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
TECH Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4

We've got a 6 month old Blue Pit and a 3 month old American Bulldog. They are great around people and love kids. The 3 month old still likes to nip pretty hard but not in anm aggresive way.
The only thing that makes me nervous is when they play fight. They get very aggressive but stop when I tell them to. I wouldnt want to leave them alone all day I think they would actually fight.

1997 Trans am- Full Exhaust, CAI, Hurst Shifter, CC Stage 2 Clutch, some suspension.
IronOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:42 PM   #8
TECH Junkie

I will whenever I can get up and get to the computer, lol but I'm in for pics of everyone's pits if they can and don't mind.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:43 PM   #9
TECH Enthusiast

Trader Rating: 3

Ive seen some reallly mean ones before, especially on documentarys on tv about how they kill people... BUT one of My buddys has two pitts and they are really nice, seems like they couldnt hurt a fly its wierd.. i think they are look cool but i guess it just depends

2006 Corvette C6 Z51

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE! http://www.youtube.com/user/bestlude?feature=mhee
bestlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #10
TECH Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestlude View Post
Ive seen some reallly mean ones before, especially on documentarys on tv about how they kill people... BUT one of My buddys has two pitts and they are really nice, seems like they couldnt hurt a fly its wierd.. i think they are look cool but i guess it just depends
This is true but IMHO, it's a breed that more people want these days and the media wants to blow it up. The real 100% true pits were actually bred to love humans and hate other animals because they were bred for entertainment reasons as well as for hunting and what not with fighting them with either each other or other type breed dogs or other animals. All three of mine along great with each other as well as with other dogs, people and especially kids. Say if for some reason I'm sitting in the floor, my 4 month old with come up and lay in my lap about like a cat, lol. I honestly can't say but good things about mine.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #11
TECH Veteran

Trader Rating: 30

I've had 4, and they were all great dogs. Never had any problems out of them. The daddy was a typical alpha-male and did not like other dogs, but was a big baby when it came down to it. The media gives them a bad rap because of the people that make them fight and don't raise them right. Any animal can be made to be mean if you train it that way.
SOLD '69 T/A clone project,LS1/6spd,FM-15, 4th Gen T/A interior, Hotchkis, 335's...etc.
Previous: 98 T/A, 01 WS6, 02 Z28.
LS69TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #12
Village Idiot

Pit Bulls someone said?
Attached Thumbnails
Bull Dogs-funny-pictures-phat-tooth.jpg  
Old 05-14-2011, 10:56 PM   #13
TECH Resident

Trader Rating: 32
Send a message via AIM to 1badWS6

There's a few threads on this. You always have the media nut swingers ******* on the breed and how bad they are. When in all reality, probably zero of them have ever had one.

SN, I have two and a three year old daughter. Nothing but love from them...
1badWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #14
TECH Resident

Trader Rating: 5

I have two pits and love them to death. One I got as a puppy( 4 weeks old) and the other I got when he was 3. He's the puppies daddy! The puppy is great. But the big guy was from a very bad home. When I got him, all his ribs on the left side were busted and he had a busted leg. I took him to a vet, got all his shots, blood work ect.......... He's a good dog now. Just loves my wife and I alot. I worked with him to trust others again. He still needs some work, but he doesn't bite anyone. Just want food and love.
Attached Thumbnails
Bull Dogs-pixienrascal-013.jpg   Bull Dogs-july-002.jpg   Bull Dogs-pix-009.jpg   Bull Dogs-may2010-003.jpg  
1gt2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:51 PM   #15
TECH Addict

One of my brothers has a rednose(he got from me) and it's HUGE! Well, not as big as Pits can get, but he's a solid 85 lb fella and he doesn't much like small male dogs. He gets along fine with his neighbors Pit, which is even bigger(donno what he's mixed with, but I think, horse), and that dog is quite nice. His dog, on the other hand, is great with people and larger dogs and EVEN cats! Little dogs seem to just **** him off and he CANNOT be left around them for any amount of time, even with people present.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #16
12 Second Club

Smile

I love my pit bulls. I have two,a boy and a girl.They are the sweet dogs in the world.
Fast T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #17
TECH Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9

Nature vs. Nuture

I have pit/American bull dog mix and he's the best dog we've ever owned. He was a Hurricane Katrina rescue and someone shot him in the face because he was scrounging for food around a dumpster. Doctors at the ASPCA reconstructed his face and did a great job. Before that, he was used as "bait" for other pits to "train". Needless to say, if I ever could find out who the previous owners were, I'd beat them to death.

And even after all that, he's the most docile animal I've ever met. So yeah, the dumbass media gives them terrible and undeserved rep.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:12 PM   #18
TECH Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prochargedchevyi View Post
Nature vs. Nuture

I have pit/American bull dog mix and he's the best dog we've ever owned. He was a Hurricane Katrina rescue and someone shot him in the face because he was scrounging for food around a dumpster. Doctors at the ASPCA reconstructed his face and did a great job. Before that, he was used as "bait" for other pits to "train". Needless to say, if I ever could find out who the previous owners were, I'd beat them to death.

And even after all that, he's the most docile animal I've ever met. So yeah, the dumbass media gives them terrible and undeserved rep.
Dang man, dog is tough, lol. And not in the sence of tough for fighting. Sounds like you got a heck of a buddy there. Glad he is ok and doing well. I can't stand them ******* that fights these dogs for fun or for money.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:13 PM   #19
TECH Regular

Trader Rating: 5

Ive had mine since he was just a puppy.. Best dog I have EVER owned to this point. He only barks when there is a problem and listens to commands fairly well. He was also fairly easy to train and house break. I even taught him a few tricks like catching food/treats and to sit. Very easy going animal.

Hate the deed, not the breed.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:18 PM   #20
TECH Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1

Any and everything you want/need to know pm me. We rescue American Pit Bull Terriers
texasglock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:18 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement