Go Back   LS1TECH > WEBSITE ACTIVITY FORUMS > Racer's Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 09-23-2011, 05:59 PM   #41
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 3

one time i got a handicap parking ticket at walmart, went to buy condoms, while my ex girl waited in the car the cop was waitting when i came outside, didnt take but 5 minutes but i knew i was in the wrong so payed the damn ticket and vented my frustation with the ex lol
quickchrome2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:17 PM   #42
Launching!
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile View Post
A quick google search says it could be grounds for vandalism.
Click the image to open in full size.
J LT1 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #43
Formally Simplɘ Jack
2000 Chevrolet Camaro

Trader Rating: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickchrome2000 View Post
one time i got a handicap parking ticket at walmart, went to buy condoms,:
Only sailors use condoms.

2000 Camaro SS NBM A4-SLP Lid w/ Blackwing, Bellows, MSD, NGK, !EGR !AIR, TSP 1 7/8 LT's, TSP Rumbler X TD's w/ Bullets, 3.23's, Bilstein's, SLP Springs, Coopers on ZR1's. -Dyno Tuned by Speed, Inc. 332HP/340TQ
BoricuaHec01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #44
Douchebag On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoricuaHec01 View Post
Whatever dude, it's the principal of the whole thang lol.
I do believe that's actually everyone's point here, it's the principle* of the thing. You know it's illegal, yet do it anyway.

It sure would suck if you had to, say, go pick up your car from the tow yard and had to park 1/4 mile away because all of their limited parking was being used by people going into other businesses. Principles...what a tricky thing.
justin455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:05 PM   #45
TECH Apprentice
2005 Pontiac GTO
My Garage

Trader Rating: 4

Quote:
I forgot we are all faithful to the law here on LS1tech. I'm sure none of you have ever gone over the speed limit or gone for a spirited drive in which you are breaking the law under the "exhibition of speed" stipulation.

At this University, there is plenty of open area to park your car along the streets and I am not going to be forced to pay the 50 dollar per month garage fees. I feel that we pay such a hefty price for tuition that it should be included but I digress since this is another topic. I don't feel comfortable parking in the garage as there has been reports of vandalism and stealing of catalytic converters. I feel more comfortable parking out in the open.

My schedule on W and F are from 8-3:20 and for the first two weeks, I was moving my car around. It got to the point where it became silly since there is only a few cars on the whole side of the street. So I would reverse or go forward a few spots and go to my next class. Come out of class and park my car back in it's initial position.

The responses are quite amusing. By your own admission, this crime against humanity is equivalent to going 34 miles over the speed limit and an example of how I've "knocked society down a notch" It's funny what people type due to the anonymity that the internet provides.
Stop being so damn cheap IMO! Thats what, about $150 per semester? Its $500 where I go...
2004 CTS-V- K&N intake, Unknown shifter YAY GETRAG!! (SOLD)
2002 Grand Cherokee Ltd. (In search of my next car!!)
chevbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:52 PM   #46
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 2
Send a message via ICQ to Dope

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop View Post
my dad got a red light ticket in chicago once. it was complete BS. he was turning left on a street that didn't have a left turn arrow so he was waiting in the intersection throughout the whole green light and didn't get a chance to turn until the light went red. IIRC once you're beyond the white line you're suppsed to be safe from the camaras. Chicago sets the fine around $90 which is enough to be annoying, but not enough to take a day off of work and drive downtown and pay to park at the courthouse to fight the ticket. it's a total scam.
So why exactly is that BS? On a left turn like that, it's only legal to cross the line when it's clear to go. Crossing the line and then getting stuck in the intersection (and thus being forced to run a red light at that point) is exactly why. You can pretty much guarantee yourself a ticket if a cop (or camera) sees you doing it.

Dope
Dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:27 PM   #47
math > me
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 4

From a LE perspective, not all of us enjoy writing tickets, parking tickets, etc. Do I enjoy writing sealbelt tickets? Not really. Yet, someone somewhere convinced the governor that they were important so I've written over 1,000 in the last few years.

A large majority of our time is directed activity and at the end of the day I have a mortgage, truck payment, baby that needs to eat and so on...So I do what the command asks so I can get paid. It's the same with parking enforcement, mechanics, everyone.

Being held accountable for your actions is part of being an adult. It sucks but it's life.

Good luck, OP.
666 speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:43 PM   #48
10 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 23

[QUOTE=BruceBufferTA;15426222]
Quote:
I forgot we are all faithful to the law here on LS1tech. I'm sure none of you have ever gone over the speed limit or gone for a spirited drive in which you are breaking the law under the "exhibition of speed" stipulation. QUOTE]

This topic has nothing to do with other members speeding or breaking the law...it's about stupidity, which you seem to have plenty of. Odds are, you are parked in that spot at this very moment typing away on your smartphone...smartphone, how ironic.
LMFAO!!!!!

The Blue Devil
02sleeperz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:57 PM   #49
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 7

Quote:
At this University,
Do they teach a class in common sense at this fine school?
Bramlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:28 AM   #50
TECH Fanatic
2002 Chevrolet Camaro

Trader Rating: 8

Why risk it when it comes to parking illegally? When I go downtown and have to park, I make absolutely sure that I'm parked legally. I don't want to take any chances that some careless tow truck driver will damage my car. Imagine how furious you'd be if your TA got towed and was damaged in the process.
Latch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:58 AM   #51
TECH Addict
1994 Chevrolet Impala

Trader Rating: 5

I pay $200 every year for a parking pass, so im sure it wont kill u to do the same at your school.
2012 Mustang GTWhite M6, Brembo, 3.73, Bama tune, Lethal o/r X, Corsa 2006 TBSS - 219/227 .606/.613 112+2, SW long tubes, LS2 Portworks, IeatSRT CAI, FMS Tune, Nitrous Works 150shot, stg 6 4l70, MidwestLSX 3200 stall, Kbees Coilovers. SOLD . .2008 G8 GT White- SOLD. . .1997 Camaro Z28/SS Clone -M6, Kooks, Cammed, Milled, Ported, Polished, Geared, etc.SOLD . . 2006 Grand Prix GXP[/COLOR] - HPtuned, Magnaflow. . .
94ss06gxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:05 AM   #52
TECH Junkie
1995 Pontiac Trans Am

Trader Rating: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dope View Post
So why exactly is that BS? On a left turn like that, it's only legal to cross the line when it's clear to go. Crossing the line and then getting stuck in the intersection (and thus being forced to run a red light at that point) is exactly why. You can pretty much guarantee yourself a ticket if a cop (or camera) sees you doing it.

Dope
well then i guess he should have just gunned it and cut across traffic when the light went green because that'd be the only way to make a left turn on a street like that in chicago. how are you supposed to make a left if there's no turn arrow but there's so much traffic that it will never clear enough to make the left on green?

1995 Black TA A4 LT1
Mods: MSD cap and rotor, MSD wires, NGK plugs, K&N filter, 17" corvette GS replicas, Ram Air and OEM WS6 hood, 3.42 gears
1995blacktattop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:27 AM   #53
TECH Enthusiast
2004 Chevrolet Corvette
My Garage

Wow. That's all i can say. I am assuming you are still in highschool? Don't you have parking permits/passes? Is it hard to park where assigned? I, myself, am extremly shocked to hear that they didn't tow the car away. You are bitching about $50?!?!?! And you drive a $12,000 car?!?!?! LMAO!!!! This **** is tooo ******* funny.

2004 Corvette Z06-Bolt on's

When the lights drop, the bull Sh!t stops!

Last edited by vetteboy99; 09-24-2011 at 09:32 AM..
vetteboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:27 AM   #54
TECH Junkie
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 9

Yeah I break the law when I speed, which I do sometimes, but I wouldn't bitch about that being unfair or about about that law...

I'd bitch about being caught or about having to pay a ticket... And it would probably be a while before I did some speeding again, and I'd know that if I did, I'm risking getting caught and paying money again... I wouldn't expect a different outcome.

2002 Trans Am Convertible - Maple Red Metallic - LS1 Turbo 16 psi 700 rwhp
1999 Trans Am Coupe - Black on Black - Stock
Become fast: Masport | South Florida's family of F-body's: SSP
bboyferal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:29 AM   #55
TECH Enthusiast
2004 Chevrolet Corvette
My Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latch View Post
Why risk it when it comes to parking illegally? When I go downtown and have to park, I make absolutely sure that I'm parked legally. I don't want to take any chances that some careless tow truck driver will damage my car. Imagine how furious you'd be if your TA got towed and was damaged in the process.
Not that i park illegaly, but i would never take my toy car downtown unless there was a show or cruise. But i live in memphis, No one know's how to drive, and people getting killed every day!

2004 Corvette Z06-Bolt on's

When the lights drop, the bull Sh!t stops!
vetteboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:38 AM   #56
12 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 116
Send a message via Yahoo to BIG_MIKE2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoricuaHec01 View Post
Only sailors use condoms.
your really not very bright are you, LOL
MODS: MTI Lid--Hooker Muffler--Pacesetter 1 3/4" race LT's--TSP 3" ORY--LS7 clutch--224/.581 114--5.3 Bo White heads port/polished & milled .018"--Bo White port/polished TB--LS6 intake--Patriot Gold dual spring kit--7.4 TR chromemoly pushrods--Racetronix pump
BIG_MIKE2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:44 AM   #57
Launching!
1998 Chevrolet Corvette

Trader Rating: 7

I'd say for the most part almost the entire board speeds at the very least. But, when they get a ticket when they were clearly in the wrong they do not complain about it. No matter how petty the crime may be you are still breaking the law. Yeah it may be stupid or whatever but if they let standards go down just a little bit how much further do they let petty crimes go then? Just man up and start doing the right thing. In all honesty you are very lucky it is just chalk on your tires. I know several places that will give a boot or tow your car first offense
Old 09-24-2011, 11:16 AM   #58
TECH Junkie
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28MP View Post
I'd say for the most part almost the entire board speeds at the very least. But, when they get a ticket when they were clearly in the wrong they do not complain about it. No matter how petty the crime may be you are still breaking the law. Yeah it may be stupid or whatever but if they let standards go down just a little bit how much further do they let petty crimes go then? Just man up and start doing the right thing. In all honesty you are very lucky it is just chalk on your tires. I know several places that will give a boot or tow your car first offense
Exactly.

2002 Trans Am Convertible - Maple Red Metallic - LS1 Turbo 16 psi 700 rwhp
1999 Trans Am Coupe - Black on Black - Stock
Become fast: Masport | South Florida's family of F-body's: SSP
bboyferal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #59
TECH Junkie
2002 Pontiac Trans Am

Trader Rating: 27

Quote:
I forgot we are all faithful to the law here on LS1tech. I'm sure none of you have ever gone over the speed limit or gone for a spirited drive in which you are breaking the law under the "exhibition of speed" stipulation. QUOTE]

This topic has nothing to do with other members speeding or breaking the law...it's about stupidity, which you seem to have plenty of.
Says the person who can't properly use quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderstruck507 View Post
Has anyone seen the show Parking Wars?

It's all about ******** and ghetto morons who bitch and get pissed at parking officials who do their job.
Yea I've seen that show. A majority of the time, I agree with the fine. However there are some instances when they are jus' being douches. There was one episode where there's this Pepsi truck jus' making a delivery to the local food shop in downtown New York or something. There is NO WHERE to park to drop off his delivery so he parks in an unrestricted zone. The parking meter lady sees him from across the street and waits for him to leave to make his drop off, then proceeds to write him up. For real? Poor guy jus' trying to make a buck making who knows how many stops during his shift and now he has to worry about parking in "legal" spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005 View Post
This is comedy, people complaining about getting tickets for knowingly breaking a law, even if it is a stupid parking law. Then tryin to compare it to things at the complete opposite end like murder, LOL.
Thanks for proving my point exactly. Dude who posted up the Johnson & Johnson made that ridiculous comparison.

After reading the responses, I tried to figure what the disconnect was. I'm guessing you guys are assuming since it's a 2 hour parking spot, that it's a highly crowded area but it's jus' the opposite. I'm parking on the adjacent street to the school and it's about a 1/4 mile long with, no joke, about 7-8 cars parked alongside. There is plenty of spots open, hence the reason I choose to park there. After class, I need to make my parked car "legal" again so I move it one or two spots up. After the next class, I need to make my parked car "legal" yet again and move it back down one or two spots. My issue is that there is plenty of open spots along this street so it's not like I'm hogging a spot!

Also, this is not my Trans Am, it's my 02 Envoy and like I said, since there is catalytic converters stolen every now and then in the garage, I feel my Envoy is a high target vehicle since it is easier to slide under then most vehicles.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND POTZ_SPEED_AND__PORTFORMANCE FOR ALL OF YOUR TB PORTING NEEDS
02TransAm/Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:55 AM   #60
TECH Apprentice
1998 Chevrolet Camaro

Send a message via AIM to 608kZ28

seems like such a petty thing to be crying about.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:55 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
23, chalk, chalking, chicagoil, cops, hour, leagal, limit, mark, marking, miles, parking, speed, tiers, tire