Go Back   LS1TECH > WEBSITE ACTIVITY FORUMS > Racer's Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 09-23-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
TECH Junkie
2002 Pontiac Trans Am

Trader Rating: 27
Default Cops marking up my tires with chalk

I'm at school from 8 to 3:20 and there is a 2 hour parking sign where I park. I already got a ticket once for staying over 2 hours.

Every freaking morning this cop is marking up all our tires. This is Chicago for goodness sake, I'm sure there are more important things to be monitoring!

Anyone else deal with this? Ways to get around it? I've jus' been wiping away the chalk. A quick google search says it could be grounds for vandalism.

Jus' ranting here.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND POTZ_SPEED_AND__PORTFORMANCE FOR ALL OF YOUR TB PORTING NEEDS
02TransAm/Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
TECH Junkie
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 2

So you are parking in a 2 hour spot for over 7 hours? How about stop breaking the law and start parking in an all-day lot/space? I bet your tires wouldn't get little chalk marks on them.

Quote:
Originally Spoken By Roman Moroni
"You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes...like yourselves."
-Ross- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
TECH Regular
2001 Chevrolet Camaro

Trader Rating: 0

im surprised he didn't tow it being parked in a 2 hour tow zone for 7 hours... why would you park there in the first place???
Old 09-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
11 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ross- View Post
So you are parking in a 2 hour spot for over 7 hours? How about stop breaking the law and start parking in an all-day lot/space? I bet your tires wouldn't get little chalk marks on them.
Common sense one would think...

71 Chevelle: LS1, EPS 230/238 113+2, 799s, FAST 90/90, LTs, UD pulley, 4l60e Yank SS3600, 3.42 12 bolt

99 Silverado: 5.3, Cam Motion stage 2, 2.5" duals, CAI, ported TB
thunderstruck507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #5
Launching!
Garage is empty, add now

Obviously you aren't going to school to teach math. As most of our fathers probably once said to us, pull your head out of your *** son.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #6
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Op,

Are you a student at the school or a janitor there?
I ask, because you are one stupid *****.
Why don't you park in the proper parking lot for the amount of time that you are there.
Idiot

2001 M6 SS Convertible- Black on Black
Mods: FTRA, Hurst Short Throw, !AIR, Pacesetter LT's, TSP Catted-Y, Magnaflow catback, Whisper lid, SLP smooth bellow, Ported TB, 3.73's, BMR Torque Arm, STB, LCA, SLP Panhard rod, UMI relocation brackets, Nitto D/R's, LPW Axle-Tube Brace, billet grill, 335rwhp/347rwtq

The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe that we are doing it.
proporio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #7
TECH Junkie
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 8
Send a message via AIM to King Nothing Send a message via Yahoo to King Nothing

Normally I try to give an op the benefit of the doubt . . . yeah not this time. How bout you stop being a douche and park in a legal spot or just take the bus. This is just as bad as an asshat goin 99 in a 65 and complaining about getting a ticket for speeding

Last edited by King Nothing; 09-23-2011 at 09:21 PM..
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #8
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-mnYLPxwtc
X-ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:11 PM   #9
12 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 116
Send a message via Yahoo to BIG_MIKE2005

LMFAO, seriously, so you wanna park in a spot with a time limit for however long you want & expect nothing to happen to you??

Good lord, you knocked society down a notch in my eyes today, perfect example of someone feeling like they deserve a something they don't. Good job.
MODS: MTI Lid--Hooker Muffler--Pacesetter 1 3/4" race LT's--TSP 3" ORY--LS7 clutch--224/.581 114--5.3 Bo White heads port/polished & milled .018"--Bo White port/polished TB--LS6 intake--Patriot Gold dual spring kit--7.4 TR chromemoly pushrods--Racetronix pump
BIG_MIKE2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:31 PM   #10
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 3

I understand your "bigger fish to fry" problem, but bottom line is that other crimes don't make your crime any less. Parking enforcement's only job is to enforce parking.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - A.Einstein
Old 09-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #11
TECH Junkie
2002 Pontiac Trans Am

Trader Rating: 27

I forgot we are all faithful to the law here on LS1tech. I'm sure none of you have ever gone over the speed limit or gone for a spirited drive in which you are breaking the law under the "exhibition of speed" stipulation.

At this University, there is plenty of open area to park your car along the streets and I am not going to be forced to pay the 50 dollar per month garage fees. I feel that we pay such a hefty price for tuition that it should be included but I digress since this is another topic. I don't feel comfortable parking in the garage as there has been reports of vandalism and stealing of catalytic converters. I feel more comfortable parking out in the open.

My schedule on W and F are from 8-3:20 and for the first two weeks, I was moving my car around. It got to the point where it became silly since there is only a few cars on the whole side of the street. So I would reverse or go forward a few spots and go to my next class. Come out of class and park my car back in it's initial position.

The responses are quite amusing. By your own admission, this crime against humanity is equivalent to going 34 miles over the speed limit and an example of how I've "knocked society down a notch" It's funny what people type due to the anonymity that the internet provides.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND POTZ_SPEED_AND__PORTFORMANCE FOR ALL OF YOUR TB PORTING NEEDS
02TransAm/Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #12
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to Jon5212

^^^ I understand that side of the coin... the point we are trying to make here though it says 2 hours. You were parked there longer than 2 hours... your lucky they didn't tow your happy *** car out of the spot and you had to pay some exorbinant amount to get your vehicle out of storage I know how the Chicago tow lots run.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #13
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

I break the law all the time, and not just with my car. My response was only meant for amusement.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #14
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile View Post
I don't feel comfortable parking in the garage as there has been reports of vandalism and stealing of catalytic converters. I feel more comfortable parking out in the open.
well theres a simple fix to that, lower your car to where they cant get under it and remove your cats yourself haha. but my school is 95 a year to park in BFE or 195 a year to park in the garage that is full by 11am and then you have to park in BFE anyways. we have 20 minute parking but there are parking patrol people watching those spots 24/7 and they will boot you. the passes should be included in the tution (ive read about everything my tuition pays for and 20% is classes...) but my school just changed the parking passes from hanging tags, that would allow you to bring different cars to school, to these stupid stickers that have to be attached on the bottom left hand corner of the windshield and they will not come off once you apply them. oh and if you want to bring a different car, you have 5 times per semester that you can get a free pass and after that you have to buy a whole new parking pass for 95 bucks
2009 WH GXP #129/1829 - Livernois 224/236 612 cam, Maggie 2300, 3" pulley, 60# injectors, BAP, Kook's Shorties, Dynotech Aluminum DS, Corsa Exhaust w/
SLP LM2 mufflers and cutouts, CNC heads, 3.70 rear, Yank 3200 stall, Snow Meth kit, 2 JL 10w3's, Senator spoiler. 554rwhp/442rwtq
2008 LIQUID RED G8 GT- Sold 1999 Satin Black Trans am - Sold

my bandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:05 PM   #15
TECH Resident
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 32
Send a message via AIM to 1badWS6

Chicago and surrounding suburban cops are a ******* joke plain and simple. Let's get serious here, our police are worried about some random guy parking in a spot when they have plenty of other things to be doing. Let's see, last time I checked the excecution style killing of five women in a suburban store back in the beginning of 2010, is still unsolved. There are a million other things street patrol can be doing than worrying about a ******* student parking in a spot for longer than a sign says. Let's get serious here...
1badWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #16
12 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 116
Send a message via Yahoo to BIG_MIKE2005

Quote:
The responses are quite amusing. By your own admission, this crime against humanity is equivalent to going 34 miles over the speed limit and an example of how I've "knocked society down a notch" It's funny what people type due to the anonymity that the internet provides.
The responses are as amusing as your post. Dont cry about tickets & your tires getting chalked when your breakin the law & deserve it. You should be glad thats all & it hasnt got towed cause that'll make that stupid $50 pass a worth while investment.

How many times you seen someone else get ripped on here for similar stuff, complaining about getting a speeding ticket or some other crap. Plenty.
MODS: MTI Lid--Hooker Muffler--Pacesetter 1 3/4" race LT's--TSP 3" ORY--LS7 clutch--224/.581 114--5.3 Bo White heads port/polished & milled .018"--Bo White port/polished TB--LS6 intake--Patriot Gold dual spring kit--7.4 TR chromemoly pushrods--Racetronix pump
BIG_MIKE2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #17
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Colleges are such a ripoff. How much more money do they need?
Old 09-23-2011, 03:17 PM   #18
11 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 18

Doesn't matter if you agree or not, parking there isn't going to accomplish anything. Take action and try to get the spots reassigned, dealt with it, or park somewhere else.

$50 a month isn't bad for University parking, I think it's up to $600 or more a semester here...they built 2 parking decks that stay empty because people won't pay but won't drop the price and fill more spots.

71 Chevelle: LS1, EPS 230/238 113+2, 799s, FAST 90/90, LTs, UD pulley, 4l60e Yank SS3600, 3.42 12 bolt

99 Silverado: 5.3, Cam Motion stage 2, 2.5" duals, CAI, ported TB
thunderstruck507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:34 PM   #19
TECH Junkie
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
I forgot we are all faithful to the law here on LS1tech. I'm sure none of you have ever gone over the speed limit or gone for a spirited drive in which you are breaking the law under the "exhibition of speed" stipulation.

At this University, there is plenty of open area to park your car along the streets and I am not going to be forced to pay the 50 dollar per month garage fees. I feel that we pay such a hefty price for tuition that it should be included but I digress since this is another topic. I don't feel comfortable parking in the garage as there has been reports of vandalism and stealing of catalytic converters. I feel more comfortable parking out in the open.

My schedule on W and F are from 8-3:20 and for the first two weeks, I was moving my car around. It got to the point where it became silly since there is only a few cars on the whole side of the street. So I would reverse or go forward a few spots and go to my next class. Come out of class and park my car back in it's initial position.

I'm sure I break minor traffic laws quite often, but am I going to cry about it when I get a ticket? **** no.

Grow up a little bit or suffer the consequences of your actions. You're lucky your batmobile hasn't been towed, because you'd be dealing with a traffic fine and an impound fee rather than a little chalk mark on your tire...A chalk mark...that comes off with some water...wtf?

Quote:
Originally Spoken By Roman Moroni
"You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes...like yourselves."
-Ross- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #20
Launching!
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 1

[QUOTE=02TransAm/Batmobile;15426000]I forgot we are all faithful to the law here on LS1tech. I'm sure none of you have ever gone over the speed limit or gone for a spirited drive in which you are breaking the law under the "exhibition of speed" stipulation. QUOTE]

This topic has nothing to do with other members speeding or breaking the law...it's about stupidity, which you seem to have plenty of. Odds are, you are parked in that spot at this very moment typing away on your smartphone...smartphone, how ironic.
BruceBufferTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:36 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement