UFC 145 Rashad Evan vs Jon BONES Jones!!!!! - LS1TECH

Go Back   LS1TECH > WEBSITE ACTIVITY FORUMS > Racer's Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

UFC 145 Rashad Evan vs Jon BONES Jones!!!!!

Old 04-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
Village Idiot

Trader Rating: 0
Default UFC 145 Rashad Evan vs Jon BONES Jones!!!!!

The card for this Saturday night!!!! About time these two bastards fight!!!! Your pics and why? http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC145#/fight

Rashad Evans vs Jon Jones I think Rashad gives Jon Jones the fight of his life on the point cards, but i think Jones connects with the long reach more often then not.. Wrestling is null and void for both.. Jon Jones wins by decision as it goes the distance as Rashad tries to run and box the entire fight.. I hope I'm wrong and they brawl and scrap and make it exciting though..

Schaub vs Roswell Schaub is probably to young and athletic for IFL Ben Rothwell.. Ben lands though it could get over fast.. Picking Branden Shaub by stoppage somehow as Ben will start to gas and bleed first..

Miguel Torres vs Michael McDonald Great fight!!!!!.. Always hard for me to bet against Miguel Torres but McDonald is a beast and will bring it.. Gonna still go with Miguel Torres by stoppage but he easily could get KO'd in this one by Michael McDonad.. Still when I think about these guys I believe the overall MMA skill set and big fight experience has to go to Miguel Torres, but the power punches and chin I think goes too McDonald.. Miguel Torres wins by smart fight plan, uses his reach and maybe subs McDonald in a triangle later on or something of that nature..

Hominick vs Yagin Mark Hominick by slaughter.. Too be honest I don't really know Yagin but based on the Vegas odds being 7-1.. This should be an easy win for Hominick in the UFC..

Bocek vs Allesio Good fight again.. Kinda of a fan of Allesio but Bocek is so dangerous... Experience and reach goes to Allesio, my money is on Allesio in a close one.. Dude is very physically gifted just hope he trained right in preparation for this fight..

Matt Brown vs Stephen Thompson Picking Stephen Thompson at 6-0 as I'm impressed with guy every time I see him fight.. Matt Brown is tough out though and has been fighting well of late..I think Stephen Thompson gets this one though and stays undefeated...

Travis Brown vs Chad Griggs Great fight Travis Brown at 12-0 and Chad Grave digger Griggs.. I look at the reach and weight advantage and am thinking Travis Brown connects more often the Griggs.. Griggs get stopped maybe in this one. Couple of bangers though going at it and it should be a quick one..

That's all I got for now..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-16-2012 at 08:43 PM..
JIBBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
TECH Senior Member

Trader Rating: 4

jones, schaub, browne. as much as i like griggs but i think browne has a serious reach advantage an will be too much him to handle but i dont see griggs being stopped. hes just too tough.

jones and rashad really do hate each other. i see this going the distance too.

schaub takes out big ben in rd 2 i think. rothwell looked horrible in his last fight though he did hang tough to finish the fight.

415/391 MD.
more stuff coming soon!

QS m6 05 GTO. LPE CAI, magnaflow catback. ported 243s, ls3 cam. tune. 345/340 stock manifolds.MD. its for sale.
ULTIMATEORANGESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
12 Second Club

Trader Rating: 13

Win for Jones by ground and pound

EPS 226/230|FAST 92/92|TSP 1-7/8 LT's|TSP STAGE 2.5 LS6 HEADS
*02WS6TURK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
TECH Junkie

Trader Rating: 9

I see Jones finishing Rashad. I predict NO decision for that one.

2002 Trans Am Convertible - Maple Red Metallic - LS1 Turbo 16 psi 700 rwhp
1999 Trans Am Coupe - Black on Black - Stock
Become fast: Masport | South Florida's family of F-body's: SSP
bboyferal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #5
TECH Enthusiast

Trader Rating: 5

Jones/Evans:

This fight will be decided by 2 factors. Range VS speed and top control VS ability to scramble/sweep.

I believe Rashad will be Jon's toughest opponent to date. I believe Rashad will have to use speed and footwork and mix up his striking to set up the TD. I think Rashad will put Jones on his back at some point. I think Rashad will use his speed and footwork to get in and get out. I think he will have success with it too. Rashad is very quick and very good at getting in and out. He will have to change levels and keep Jon guessing.

We all know Jon will use his range and look for the clinch when Rashad does close the distance. Jones will look to pick him apart from the outside. I think he will fight a conservative fight that way he does not over commit and leave himself open for the TD.

I think Jon will win a 48-47 decision and Rashad will be his biggest test to date.

Mcdonald/Mills:

Mills is a standup fighter with heavy hands and a very quick starter. Mills needs to avoid any type of clinching with Rory. He also needs to get in and out fast and look for a big shot.

Rory is a beast. He is a very well rounded fighter with a lot of heart and a solid chin. He was mere seconds away from beating the reigning UFC interim champ. I think Rory is the future of that division. He has very good wrestling and a good all around ground game. Nice submissions and underrated GNP.

I am picking Rory via RNC

Torres/Mcdonald

Mcdonald is a very tough fighter. He has some very solid wins against some great fighters. Very well rounded and is a finisher. He can finish you on the feet or the ground.

Torres is a legend in the sport with a wealth of experience. His striking has really progressed but it seems like since joining Jackson's he has lost his eagerness to finish. He coasted in the Pace fight but was constantly looking for the finish against Mighty Mouse. Miguel's striking has progressed nicely and he is as slick as they come on the mat. Great top game and an even better bottom game perhaps.

I am picking Miguel via RNC in the 3rd and SOTN honors.

Schaub
Homminick
Bocek
Browne
Thompson(KOTN)
Njokuani(FOTN)

2007 Silverstone Metallic TBSS AWD 3SS

2009 Diamond White Tri Coat G6 GT Coupe.
thislswon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #6
Village Idiot

I'm really liking this UFC card... Alot of these fights should be closely contested...

Nice break down Thislswon... Gotta agree with you for once on your write ups..

I just hope this Jones/Evans fight is a boring stand up run and box it for points fight.. I want to see these two really mix it up and bring it.. Love to see both fighters actually go after a finish... Big if and wish though.. Rashad "sugar bitch" Evans typically fights cautious and that's why I don't like him..
Old 04-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #7
12 Second Club

Trader Rating: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
Rashad "sugar bitch" Evans
I thought it was "Sugar ****" Evans?

EPS 226/230|FAST 92/92|TSP 1-7/8 LT's|TSP STAGE 2.5 LS6 HEADS
*02WS6TURK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:09 AM   #8
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
Rashad "sugar bitch" Evans typically fights cautious and that's why I don't like him..
I actually really like the way Evans 2.0 has been fighting since coming back from injury and leaving Jacksons.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #9
11 Second Club

Trader Rating: 2

Who else is going to be there besides me???

Im going with:

Jones/ TKO 3rd
Schaub/ KO 2nd
Torres/ Sub 2nd
Hominick/ TKO 2nd
Bocek/ UD
Thompson/ KO via flashy head kick..again...1st
Travis Brown/ Chad Griggs should be on the damn main card!!! With that said, Griggs/ TKO 1st
SPARTAN BUILT/SPARTAN TUNED
02Ls1Formula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #10
Village Idiot

More on the Evans/Jones main event

The more I think of this fight I believe - Rashad Evans is gonna come out dancing using that in and out peek a boo boxing style and fail.. I do think Jon Jones has seen that style over and over again in all there years of training together.. Jones has probably also fully prepared for that in his training up to this fight..

I'm hoping Rashad Evans doesn't show Jon Jones the same cards he's shown him for years and comes into this fight with a different game plan.. I think Rashad Evans should get extremely aggressive, look for take downs and close the distance to avoid the dynamic striking and long reach of Bones Jones first off..

Chances are Rashad Evans won't get punked on the ground by Jon Jones if taken down himself, so close the distance, work the clinch to further work for the take downs to end up in top position on Bones..

We've never seen Jon Jones on his back.. Rashad could possibly be the man to put him there if his game plan is to do so...

Question remains??? What Rashad Evans shows up and what game plan has he prepared to bring to the table?.. Hatred and aggression I think is his best bet in this one.. I can't see the shorter boxer in Rashad Evans out pointing Jon Jones standing thru 5...
Old 04-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #11
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
I do think Jon Jones has seen that style over and over again in all there years of training together..

I'm hoping Rashad Evans doesn't show Jon Jones the same cards he's shown him for years and comes into this fight with a different game plan..
I think Rashad is a completely different fighter since leaving Jacksons. At Jacksons he either fought a standup fight or a wrestling match. He did not mix things up and use level changes like he does now. He seems leaner, more explosive, and has better footwork and timing.

I have never been a Rashad fan becasue quite frankly other than the Liddel/Slamon Ko's I have found him rather boring. He was also very one dimensional. Meaning coming off of the knockout of Salmon he thought he was a brilliant striker and abandoned his wrestling. Then after being knocked out by Machida he relied primarily on his wrestling.

Now since leaving New Mexico I think he does a brilliant job of blending everything together.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #12
TECH Junkie

I would bet anything that Rashad does not control Jones grappling... Based on each of their past fights, I don't think Rashad has a shot at putting Jones down and using a hold-down from the top... That's what I'd wager but we will see!

Old 04-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #13
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyferal View Post
I would bet anything that Rashad does not control Jones grappling... Based on each of their past fights, I don't think Rashad has a shot at putting Jones down and using a hold-down from the top... That's what I'd wager but we will see!
I do not think he will be able to hold him down but I think he will be able to put him down.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #14
Village Idiot

I think he could possibly catch Jones in a submission if it hits the mat... Rashad Evans Jitsu is very underrated and hardly ever seen.. The dude is a solid Brazilian Black Belt but yet we hardly if ever see him use it in the Octagon.

I'd love to see Rashad be able to take down Jones and catch him in something with bones's long limbs and or long neck hanging out there..

I'm not sure who I want to see win this fight? Maybe neither.. Not a fan of either personally at the moment but really like Jon Jones's fight game..
Old 04-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #15
TECH Junkie

It's a tall order, no pun intended. That would be his only chance... But then that sucks... His only chance is five rounds of beating the clock and squeezing a point ahead and stave off the reaper on his feet? That's very dangerous ground AND it requires him to be able to put Jones down, again, something you really believe he can do, but I just don't have that same faith... And MAYBE I see him getting away with that, visibly pissing Jones off (remember the Machida Jones first round), and then Jones surreally adjusting and adapting the very next round and making him eat knees, elbows, and feet until he starts playing with his opponent, as he likes to do sometimes...

I have a bad feeling about this for Rashad... Strictly grappling, Jones is more gifted and stronger despite having less MMA grappling experience... Rashad has very limited takedown repetoire, mainly limited to shoots and pick-ups... Jones, if he wants to take Rashad down, has demonstrated UNREAL pick ups from the clinch as well as amazing leg techniques, reaps, sweeps, and leg hooks, all uncannily timed with no need to power them out, which he can with the strength advantage if need be... Much more varied.

I'm excited to see the fight to see if you'll be right. Many people are giving Rashad a good chance... I don't know... I'm a non-believer right now, but it's exciting for me to watch Jones work, even when he wins one-sidedly.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #16
TECH Junkie

Quote:
I think he could possibly catch Jones in a submission if it hits the mat... Rashad Evans Jitsu is very underrated and hardly ever seen.. The dude is a solid Brazilian Black Belt but yet we hardly if ever see him use it in the Octagon.

I'd love to see Rashad be able to take down Jones and catch him in something with bones's long limbs and or long neck hanging out there..

I'm not sure who I want to see win this fight? Maybe neither.. Not a fan of either personally at the moment but really like Jon Jones's fight game..
Rashad has never demonstrated any proficiency with joint locks or chokes from any grappling positions and has never won by submission.

His black belt in BJJ is honorary. IIRC, he has never taken a formal BJJ class in his life I'm pretty sure. That's not to say he can't grapple... Just that the belt is really honorary and doesn't reflect the submission and ground grappling abilities real, technically ranked BJJ black belts are capable of. His fight record and prior performances support this.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #17
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by thislswon View Post
I think Rashad is a completely different fighter since leaving Jacksons. At Jacksons he either fought a standup fight or a wrestling match.
Not sure you can get any better leaving the so called best MMA training camp in the world with Jackson clan? Although, he certainly has a shown a few changes in his most recent fights though.

For Rashad's sake I hope you're right, I think he will have to show Jones new looks and different level changes now that you suggested that point.. A new bag of tricks so to speak..

Gotta pick Jones still to win this one... How can you not? I would never bet against an undefeated fighter, let alone one named Jon Jones..
Old 04-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #18
TECH Enthusiast

Bboy, I agree that Jones has an edge in grappling. Not only because of his physical gifts and natural leverage but also because of his technique and fearlessness to try/attempt anything and everything.

I just think Rashad will be able to use speed and footwork to get in and get out. Jones is somewhat of a slow starter besides the Shogun fight. I look for Rashad to maybe steal the first round using effective movement and his speed.

Jones will adjust as you said but I feel if he becomes to overconfident Rashad will be waiting to time a perfectly placed takedown. I doubt he will be able to hold him down as Evans has less than stellar top control. I just think that if he manages to put Jones down early then that can play a huge factor mentally for the rest of the fight. I think Jones will be more trigger shy and Evans will have the confidence that Jones can be put on his back.

Don't get me wrong. I am still picking Jones here and more than likely in dominant fashion. I just have a strange feeling that Rashad 2.0 can steal a couple rounds if he uses his speed and movement to try and keep Jones somewhat on his heals.

Jones has never fought a "fast" fighter in his brief UFC stint. Shogun's speed has deteriorated tremendously, Bonnar is not fast at all, nor is Vladdy, Rampage just plods forward, etc. I know Machida has quick hands and great movement but I am talking pure speed. Evan's will have to use that speed to counter Jones physical advantages.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #19
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyferal View Post
Rashad has never demonstrated any proficiency with joint locks or chokes from any grappling positions and has never won by submission.

His black belt in BJJ is honorary. IIRC, he has never taken a formal BJJ class in his life I'm pretty sure. That's not to say he can't grapple... Just that the belt is really honorary and doesn't reflect the submission and ground grappling abilities real, technically ranked BJJ black belts are capable of. His fight record and prior performances support this.
I know, I've read a few articles that say his BBJ is some what suspect..

Still Bboy, I find it very hard to believe Rolles Gracie and family are just giving out black belts to big name fighters in the UFC without much real merit and or worth behind it.. That would disgrace the Gracie name and Brazilians are a proud people as we all know..

We've never seen Rashad Evans come close to being submitted either, but you're right as we really haven't seen him try to use any Jitsu offensive in MMA thus far.. Does that mean he doesn't have the skills or does that mean he just would rather put people on the their back and try to beat them up with punches instead? Hmmm?
Old 04-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #20
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
Not sure you can get any better leaving the so called best MMA training camp in the world with Jackson clan? Although, he certainly has a shown a few changes in his most recent fights though.
Well, not every fighter is meant for Jackson's. It has a great stable of fighters and a great coaching staff but to say Evan's can not improve more from leaving Jackson's is silly to me.

His fights as of late show that he has evolved and grown. Like I said his level changes, desire to finish, footwork, variety in striking, and even his overall physique seems to have gotten better since leaving New Mexico.

Evan's is a short LHW and was packing on a lot of muscle while fighting in that camp. Since leaving he has leaned out and looks much quicker/faster/explosive which only helps him IMO.

Also, we will agree to disagree on Jackson's being the best MMA camp. I believe there are a couple better camps out there and even more that have the level of fighters Greg has at his gym.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:14 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
145, bones, breakdown, card, evans, fight, john, jon, jones, night, predictions, rashad, ufc, whos, win, won