Locked out in Indiana??? DONT CALL THESE HUSTLERS/scammers!!! - LS1TECH

Go Back   LS1TECH > WEBSITE ACTIVITY FORUMS > Racer's Lounge
Search

Locked out in Indiana??? DONT CALL THESE HUSTLERS/scammers!!!

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
Banned

Trader Rating: 0
Default Locked out in Indiana??? DONT CALL THESE HUSTLERS/scammers!!!

http://locksmithsinindianapolis.com/...ked-locksmith/

So any ways....I locked my ***** keys in the car.

I then googled a lock smith place.
The website said $19 service call
---24/7---
I arranged to have a "lock smith" come out...
A white service van pulls up
2 foreign that resembled that character from the GTA -4- game...(that guy who was in the New York 1.
Click the image to open in full size.

(don't mind the smiles this guy made a joke about me using smiles so...

Back to the story...

He greeted me like he was stoned and gay but REAL friendly... I thought we were gonna bring it in and have a man hug and kiss like some foreigners do...I was greatly mistaken and deeply sadden
His eyes had a soul full shine to them in my houses coach lights and his smiles was very inviting.

They took a look in my Z (threw the window and with his I phone led light...) hes says nice car (thanks) and what not and then proceed to pull out a bag and stick lock out kit....

flags being thrown: I ask several time if they have a lock pick.
The guy says no we use this...WTF?
Any ways I need my damn keys outta the car...so "WE" pressed on...
We get the car open after many tries, and I hand the guy a $20
(the first guy, the gay and stoned looking 1.)

Hes flag gets thrown and then the **** hits the fan...

(suck it up and keep readen...iv had a RUFF day and I have NO money and NO BEER!)

The guy says (deep accent enough the sink the Titanic..)...any ways the guys want more money. So hes like its late and the price goes up and we have gas to buy and labor, ect... Total BS...

These over sees boys don't know you cant hustle a hustler. (you know what I mean...)
any ways I go get another $20 because I could have sworn the guy said another $17 he then scribbles out on a paper:
$19 service fee
$79 job fee

me-

LMAO!!!!

More **** hits the fan. Anyways I have to give these guys a lesson on how works....
I told them I am -NOT- pay $100 fkn dollars for 2 air bags and a coated metal stick matter of fact 1 air bag, you can buy that stuff any were.
He said no you have to be licensed and were could you buy that?
I said online, ebay, any place....

(stay with me its half over and you don't have anything better to do...you know you dont.)

So were going Round and Round like the son from Ratt on the price then he say give me $50 and hes talking about its all set from the company.
I say NOOOOO...I then feeling generousness and wanting to get these guy outta here reach in my wallet...were my beer money normally is (btw im borrowing this money as I have NO money.

I pull out a $5 FTW (mad tight skills...I know right. )

$45 thats $45. The guy realizes hes not getting any Sams beer from me. (no sir...)
I keep thanking them them and telling them im not upset at them but at the company.

-I leave, tell thee fam the low down then go upstairs, then back down to see them still out their. I tell them they need to move (their in my drive way btw....yea...)

Part 1 ends

Praise the LORD!!!

Last edited by xFLG KING PIN; 04-18-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
Banned

Exclamation

Part 2:

WHY GOD WHY!?!?!
-I call "the company"

Normal stlye.

I call the company to figure out why their was some "yanking/scamming" going on. I get a hold of a "call center rep" (here it comes...)
I fill this kid in on what happened and what not, and he then gives me the fools run. wtf

Saying alot of none sense about a "certified technician" doing a diagnostic and using his years of experience on how to address the situation

(my keys are sitting in the Ignition in my 88Z mind you...no space man robots or fancy rich man 4thgens here , just good ole GM iron.

So I come back to his game with "theirs no robot saying danger to Wil Robinson." "and their no "Martians invading" (yea he was asking for it mind you...)
Its a simple job and they whipped out a lock-out bag and stick kit. (yes...they did, I know right...)

So Im going round-and-round with this guy and he keeps not letting me speak when im trying to tell him that im taken care of and that I want -THEM- to look into the matter of why (screw why, fire that 2nd guy with his $100 BS...the first guy was the muscule and didnt know a whole lot on aww forget it...)

He asked for their names and I told him that I didn't get their names on the count of the THICK accent...and proceeded to describe the gta 5 game and how they may have been from the same country and he tried to say I was racist...I said no it doesn't have anything nor does it matter to the situation on their race im just describing them.

(I know its getting long and im about to rap it up here so beer with me )

Anyways more idiotic merry-go-round antics were said and I said if you would stop talking over me and let me talk we could hang up in 2 seconds (he said we could talk till we were blue in the face mind you...)

I can tell you that im taken car of and I just wanted -THEM/you guys- to look into it. But anyways we hung up and then I finished make my sandwich that I was in the middle of making when they pulled up then I went back upstairs repeating to myself on how they were crazy, then ate said sandwich.

THEN!!!!

I proceeded and with much grace, poise and mad tight anti thirdgen hustlen skillzs....to get on Ls1tech.com.......
and type this whole shenanigan experience and to warn my fellow Indy heads.

-That about sums it up for tonight, thanks for bear-en with me on this guys

-

Last edited by xFLG KING PIN; 04-18-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
TECH Veteran

Trader Rating: 11

1. I don't know why you would ever call a locksmith to get into an fbody, they are easy as pie to get into.

2. No offense, but you're a cheapskate. $98 is not an unreasonable fee for a locksmith that comes out to your location and fixes your problem for you. The one time I can remember calling a locksmith I paid more than that.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #4
11 Second Club

Trader Rating: 3
Send a message via MSN to hugger1975

Am I being cheap cuz the sign says "burger $1".....then when they say that will be $3 I get mad?

No, sign says what it says regarless of how cheap it seems.

Shady *** place.

Funny story OP.
Wood read again and again since I have nothin to do
Old 04-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #5
TECH Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger1975 View Post
Am I being cheap cuz the sign says "burger $1".....then when they say that will be $3 I get mad?
I guess it would depend on what the site actually said. If they advertised that they would fix the problem for $20, then I'd agree. But the OP just said they listed the $20 as the 'service call' which means exactly that, the cost for the person servicing your problem to come to your location. If that is all they described the charge as, that's not false advertising at all. Almost all mobile services like that have a $20-$40 service call fee. A locksmith wouldn't be able to feed his family if all he charged was $20 per job. That's probably less than $15-20 per hour considering the time (even if it's close) plus the cost of transportation and materials, and he may only get a few jobs per day.

Last edited by infinitebird; 04-17-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #6
Banned

I just posted part 2 guys...they are not "legit" guys I would say....
and your F-body may be easy to get into but mine aint...It was locked up, windowed up to the fullest...no room for error controll...spare key is still sitting in the pass lock broken off ( car is in-toomed in ice...I had to pour alcohol (not my drinking liquor) on it and bust the hatch loose then well its a long near frost bitten twice story...and that was just me tryen to go to work and ended up 30 mins late and they fired me 15 min after I left from said job.

-I also tried getting in the car with a flat piece of bendy metal and and I got was scratched window tint and a gash in my window seals (damage still their ) and a sti on the curb till my spare key arrived...

Last edited by xFLG KING PIN; 04-17-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #7
Banned

-Doing updating and editing-
Old 04-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #8
TECH Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFLG KING PIN View Post
I just posted part 2 guys...they are not "legit" guys I would say....
Why?

Because they charged a fairly typical rate for a locksmith?

Because they were not the same race as you?

Because you tried to have them fired for charging a typical rate for a locksmith?

How were they not legit? They did unlock your car for you didn't they? Even if you didn't pay what their charge was.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:44 PM   #9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitebird View Post
Why?

Because they charged a fairly typical rate for a locksmith?

Because they were not the same race as you?

Because you tried to have them fired for charging a typical rate for a locksmith?

How were they not legit? They did unlock your car for you didn't they? Even if you didn't pay what their charge was.

NOOO!!! They -tried- to charge me ---MORE--- THEN ---DOUBLE--- OF WHAT IT SHOULD HAVE COSTED! THE COMPANY SAID $44!!!!

AND he said with $45 in hand "...I made my money, I dont care..." (boom)

He also goes on to say some BS about how he would have to pay "the company" out of his pocket because I wount pay their *** hat price...

Some real winner here.

Last edited by xFLG KING PIN; 04-17-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #10
Now you have my attention

Trader Rating: 1

GTA 5 isn't out yet.

Just sayin'.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #11
TECH Veteran

Quote:
THE COMPANY SAID $44!
ok, but that's the first time you said that. All you said before was that the service call fee was advertised as $20. If the company quoted you $44 for the whole job, then you have a legit beef. But if they really quoted you $44, why do you say in your first post that you handed them a $20 and expected that to take care of it? Sorry but your story just doesn't make sense imo.

Quote:
their *** hat price...
$98 is not an *** hat price for a locksmith.

Last edited by infinitebird; 04-17-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:11 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
ok, but that's the first time you said that. All you said before was that the service call fee was advertised as $20. If the company quoted you $44 for the whole job, then you have a legit beef. But if they really quoted you $44, why do you say in your first post that you handed them a $20 and expected that to take care of it? Sorry but your story just doesn't make sense imo.
Man....always nit-picking....I called the company afterwards to ask what it would run for the "service"....

also did you guys read my updates and edits?
Old 04-17-2012, 11:17 PM   #13
TECH Addict

Trader Rating: 4

I gotta admit, if it wasn't for all the spaces and damn smiley faces i wouldn't have just read this..

Old 04-17-2012, 11:17 PM   #14
TECH Resident

Trader Rating: 2

Quote:
1. I don't know why you would ever call a locksmith to get into an fbody, they are easy as pie to get into.

2. No offense, but you're a cheapskate. $98 is not an unreasonable fee for a locksmith that comes out to your location and fixes your problem for you. The one time I can remember calling a locksmith I paid more than that.
Really? I had one come out to my 92 z a while ago when there was nothing around. Cost 20 bucks. He used a wedge and coat hanger pretty much.
2001 Z28 Camaro Y3F a4
1998 formula a4
Old 04-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:

$98 is not an *** hat price for a locksmith.
For the umpth-teenth time their not real lock smiths....just apair of bums tryen to give me a reach around....and with out even buyen my a Sams...
Old 04-17-2012, 11:28 PM   #16
Banned

Thumbs down

It was these ppl!

http://locksmithsinindianapolis.com/...ked-locksmith/

Old 04-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #17
TECH Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by david068513 View Post
Really? I had one come out to my 92 z a while ago when there was nothing around. Cost 20 bucks. He used a wedge and coat hanger pretty much.
I'd say you got lucky. I don't see how you could run an actual business charging $20 total per service call.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:33 PM   #18
TECH Resident

Trader Rating: 2

Quote:
I'd say you got lucky. I don't see how you could run an actual business charging $20 total per service call.
Yea, I was in a empty parking lot with no tools in the middle of nowhere. Only time I've ever locked my eyes in there too lmao.

Guess I got lucky.
2001 Z28 Camaro Y3F a4
1998 formula a4
Old 04-17-2012, 11:35 PM   #19
Banned

Wink

-Also my B-day is this Thursday...
Old 04-17-2012, 11:42 PM   #20
TECH Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12

thanks for the heads up. i work for a trucking company and have drivers lock there keys in there trucks. so i do call locksmiths quite often. ill put them on my do not call list right now, since im sitting at my desk at work..F night shifts!! lol
UNDER CONSTRUCTION: 2003 2wd rcsb, LQ4 6.0 swapped...229/230 581.-592. 110LSA cam, stage 2 landspeed 243 heads((port/polish, milled .025, 5 angle valve job, valves 45* back cut)), pacesetter LT's, dual 3in. exh. w/ dynomax race mufflers. stage 5 RPM trans. yank 3600, TCI flexplate, tru-cool 45k trans cooler, 4.56 and duragrip, 5/7drop.. more soon to come.
Closed Thread

Tags
19, boy, call, car, indiana, jokes, key, king, pin, powered, service, spare, vbulletin, wallet, white