Go Back   LS1TECH > WEBSITE ACTIVITY FORUMS > Racer's Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Help me choose a direction for my next project.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 4
Default Help me choose a direction for my next project.

So I'm selling my bagged and body dropped 72 C/10 for a good chunk of $$$... I am going to be in the market for a new project next week but I want to do it smart and try to make money off of the build. Right now I'm thinking I want like a 50's or 60's Chevy Sedan, like a rat body that I can chop myself. Then I want to drop an LS1 in it. But I'm open to maybe an old Cadillac, or an even older rat rod. Probably going to go with airbags again but no trucks. What do you all think? I was thinking I could rescue an old car or truck around here for about a grand, get like a $2,000ish LS1, and try to keep most of the project under 5k... But I'll have a lot more than that if I really wanna get crazy with it.

Maybe theres other cool **** I havent thought about.

**00' SS M6 - SLP Lid, SLP Catback, Hurst Shifter, SLP Linelock, Slotted/Drilled Rotors, 4" Cowl, Autometer Guages, Potz TB, LS6 Intake Plumbed with 150 shot Direct Port Nitrous, TSP 228R on a 114LSA, FLP LT's, Electric Cutout, 799 Heads with Comp 918 Springs, Trick Flow 7.425" PR's, LS6 OP, Cloyes TC, BMR SFC's, Founders STB, Panhard, LCA's relocated, SLP Bilsteins 10k HID's, Poly MM's, Motive Gear 4.10's, Tuned by Frost**
SS for Trade
B0dyDr0pp3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #2
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0

ever consider a cobra kit car? look good, they can yield a small profit if you don't go overboard, and you do the majority of the work.
Mr.Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Powers View Post
ever consider a cobra kit car? look good, they can yield a small profit if you don't go overboard, and you do the majority of the work.
Its funny you mention the cobra replica because thats exactly what my roommate just started doing. He bought a foxbody for parts for like $250 and is using the rearend, steering, and some other stuff. I just need to do something different then him but thanks for the suggestion.

**00' SS M6 - SLP Lid, SLP Catback, Hurst Shifter, SLP Linelock, Slotted/Drilled Rotors, 4" Cowl, Autometer Guages, Potz TB, LS6 Intake Plumbed with 150 shot Direct Port Nitrous, TSP 228R on a 114LSA, FLP LT's, Electric Cutout, 799 Heads with Comp 918 Springs, Trick Flow 7.425" PR's, LS6 OP, Cloyes TC, BMR SFC's, Founders STB, Panhard, LCA's relocated, SLP Bilsteins 10k HID's, Poly MM's, Motive Gear 4.10's, Tuned by Frost**
SS for Trade
B0dyDr0pp3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #4
11 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 7

Pics of said c10? I lub me those trucks.
Just a slow H/C car...
AznMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:44 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement