Any Victory riders? - Page 2 - LS1TECH

Any Victory riders?

Old 01-04-2014, 07:14 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11z71 View Post
Sorry, I was out plowing for 36 hours hours straight...
Damn! You guys are definitely under-appreciated for the work you do.
Z Fury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #22
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11z71 View Post
Sorry, I was out plowing for 36 hours hours straight, wasn't blowing you off. Sounds good! Do yourself a favor, check the fuel pressure on your bike. It can be checked running or just with key in the on postion. I've seen where these pumps will not work then all of a sudden start working again when they sit for a long time in untreated fuel. Usually the pressure regulator will start to fail afterwards. The pressure regulator is part of the pump assembly in the tank. It should have no less than 49 psi at all times, if it's any less you will have to replace the pump.
If it's bad I'll probably send it to the vic shop and let him rebuild it.

At the moment i have it torn down again to clean the throttle bodies(apparently a HUGE deal on the pre-2008 bikes). I also found out that the throttle close cable was busted when the throttle stuck at WOT during a cold start because of a sticky throttle open cable...... Which afterwards ended up snapping when i was messing with it. The clutch cable is really stiff as well. So I'm just changing all 3 of them at the same time while it's down.

Thankfully though, i did get to run it up and down the road a bit the night before and confirm that the transmission is in great shape. I definitely want to change the bars so it handles better though.... basically something along the lines of hammer S bars but chrome.

Last edited by rumblebox; 01-04-2014 at 08:26 AM.
rumblebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:49 AM   #23
On The Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Fury View Post
Damn! You guys are definitely under-appreciated for the work you do.
Ya it sucks but it's good money.
11z71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:55 AM   #24
On The Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumblebox View Post
If it's bad I'll probably send it to the vic shop and let him rebuild it. At the moment i have it torn down again to clean the throttle bodies(apparently a HUGE deal on the pre-2008 bikes). I also found out that the throttle close cable was busted when the throttle stuck at WOT during a cold start because of a sticky throttle open cable...... Which afterwards ended up snapping when i was messing with it. The clutch cable is really stiff as well. So I'm just changing all 3 of them at the same time while it's down. Thankfully though, i did get to run it up and down the road a bit the night before and confirm that the transmission is in great shape. I definitely want to change the bars so it handles better though.... basically something along the lines of hammer S bars but chrome.
. Ya rebuilding it saves a boatload of money, these pumps are close to 600.00 new vs the money that Rylan charges to rebuild them. You should be cleaning the throttle bodies every 4-5000 miles. It's a good thing that you know that. A lot of people don't and makes a huge difference as to how these bikes run.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:57 AM   #25
TECH Fanatic

I probably need to pull the injectors out and let them soak too.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:09 PM   #26
TECH Fanatic

wish it was nice enough here to work on anything car or bike related! starting to get cabin fever.
trilkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:55 PM   #27
On The Tree

Quote:
I probably need to pull the injectors out and let them soak too.
You should be ok, I wouldn't bother. Honestly, I've never had one go bad...ever. Plus getting them out is gonna be a bitch.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:56 PM   #28
On The Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilkb View Post
wish it was nice enough here to work on anything car or bike related! starting to get cabin fever.
. I second this! I've got to get going on working on my car or it's never gonna get done!
Old 01-04-2014, 04:04 PM   #29
TECH Fanatic

Would the nasty throttle bodies be causing repeated flooding when i try to cold start? I wont know how much it helped until the new cables come in.

Last edited by rumblebox; 01-04-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:47 PM   #30
On The Tree

Quote:
Would the nasty throttle bodies be causing repeated flooding when i try to cold start? I wont know how much it helped until the new cables come in.
Absolutely! Victory runs the crankcase vent tube into the airbox. Over time the oil mist starts to coat the throttle plates and throttle bores. It eventually leads to a low idle and fouled spark plugs when the engine is cold because the carbon starts to close off the opening between the plates and bores. The pre 2008 like your bike have a open loop fuel injection. It has all the sensors with the exception of O2 sensors so it has know way of trimming fuel via a ECM. 2008 and up bikes have O2 sensors so it can trim fuel accordingly which is why it's not a issue with 2008's.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:07 PM   #31
TECH Fanatic

So i ran half a can of BG fuel system cleaner in it for about 40 miles. The next day it started right up with no effort. I topped it off, and ive put about 75 more miles on it. It still idles a little rough, but i still haven't gotten rid of all the shitty old gas yet. I'm running it til the fuel light comes on and filling it up with the other half can of BG cleaner.

I also replaced the big rusty gaudy chrome rear turn signals the previous owner had installed with some smaller LED units. I'm thinking about doing the fronts too. They look cool, but the turn signal module blinks them really quickly like it thinks the bulbs are burned out. Could i just put resistors inline so it doesn't think the circuits are open?

Last edited by rumblebox; 01-11-2014 at 10:14 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:58 AM   #32
On The Tree

Those look much better. The stock directional bulbs are standard style bulbs, the new ones you installed are LED. The LED style have way less resistance through them hence the quicker than stock flash rate.Theoretically you could install resistors inline on the output side I believe of the auto cancel module. I'm not sure on what size resistors you will need though. Personally I would just buy a resistor module and wire it in. It'll be way easier for you. Just a warning, be extremely careful working on any lighting wiring on your bike. The auto cancel module is wired in BEFORE the fuse. If you accidentally short any wires on the lighting circuit it will blow the auto cancel module before it pops the fuse. You can't fix the module and it will have to be replaced to the tune of 300.00
Old 01-18-2014, 11:16 AM   #33
TECH Fanatic

Update posted on the OP.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:27 PM   #34
TECH Fanatic

Got some tank logos and a left side cheese wedge decal.

Old 01-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #35
TECH Regular

I think the victory bikes are pretty cool. Two of my friends ride them. They are neat to look at but a little over the top style wise for me to pull the trigger on one. They definitely are a nice quality bike.

Personally I like my night train I just want to go to a wider front tire. I am sorry for me there is no better sound then a Harley.
Adam1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:34 AM   #36
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1203 View Post
I think the victory bikes are pretty cool. Two of my friends ride them. They are neat to look at but a little over the top style wise for me to pull the trigger on one. They definitely are a nice quality bike.
I see their styling as simply more modern and less traditional. I chose victory because of performance, reliability, lower maintenance, and the fact that theyre generally easier to work on if something actually does happen.

Quote:
Personally I like my night train I just want to go to a wider front tire.
I was actually seriously considering a 2007+ night train or a standard, but the rear fender and skinny front tire were deal-breakers for me.

Quote:
I am sorry for me there is no better sound then a Harley.
They do sound better, but sound alone is not worth sacrificing all the other advantages of a victory. Plus, the victory doesn't even sound bad at all.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:45 AM   #37
TECH Regular

I hate the skinny front tire I got a wicked good deal when i got my 04. The 07 have a wider rear tire which I like a a little better as well. I may try and grab the parts later on to go to a wider rear tire.

I am the second owner of my bike my best friends father bought it brand new in 04. It has has 45,000 miles on it and the only issue it has was with the belt. The tech over tighten it and caused it to tear up but that was when it was new.

Both the victories have had no problems either. The only bike I know of that had a lot of problems was my 01 honda F4i what a piece of junk

I do like you bike it is very nice for me. Maybe the way I should look at is modern and I just like traditional styling. I do like them its kinda like the OCC bikes I love the way they look but would never want to own one.

Last edited by Adam1203; 01-26-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Adam1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:27 AM   #38
TECH Fanatic

These pipes are getting changed as soon as my car sells. Way too loud and thrashy.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:21 PM   #39
TECH Fanatic

so i finally did a few significant things to the bike.

1. installed baffles in the pipes and half-wrapped them.
2. installed a power commander (running a generic tune while i wait on the dyno)
3. installed lloydz torque tubes (intake tubes)
4. lowered it ~1.5"

Old 04-15-2014, 12:40 PM   #40
TECH Apprentice

Nice bike! I'm not really a cruiser guy, but I really like the Victory. A friend of mine owns a Victory dealership and it wouldn't be a stretch for me to pick one up. I prefer them to the H-Ds I've ridden.
MTN_Z is offline   Reply With Quote