Whiskey - Page 2 - LS1TECH

Whiskey

Old 09-08-2014, 09:11 AM   #21
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by AronZ28 View Post
Black Tooth Grin:

Small rocks glass with ice, 1 part Crown Royal, 1 Part Segrams 7, splash of Coke.
That recipe confuses me a little. Not sure why you would bother mixing 2 similar style whiskys?
thunderstruck507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:42 PM   #22
TECH Addict

Recently -

Jim Beam Devil's Cut
**** Creek Single Barrel
Rebel Yell
Bullet Rye

On a real Templeton Rye kick currently.
SSCamaro99_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #23
TECH Fanatic

Just picked up a bottle of **** Creek single barrel reserve 120 Proof at the distillery in Kentucky this weekend. I sampled it there... very good stuff. I like most whiskeys as well as corn whiskey. Either straight or on the rocks. I tried another Beam product called Booker's I believe, its close to 130 proof, pretty tasty but has one heck of a bite.
Jon5212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #24
On The Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon5212 View Post
Just picked up a bottle of **** Creek single barrel reserve 120 Proof at the distillery in Kentucky this weekend. I sampled it there... very good stuff. I like most whiskeys as well as corn whiskey. Either straight or on the rocks. I tried another Beam product called Booker's I believe, its close to 130 proof, pretty tasty but has one heck of a bite.
Jeez, man. Anything over 105-ish proof is going to be a bit much for me. Sounds like your sippin mixing whiskey. I cant drink something that's main flavor is alcohol and if the ice isn't enough to mellow it, then I'm prolly not going to finish it. I just can't do mixed drinks.
Britt2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:53 PM   #25
TECH Veteran

Woodford Reserve
Wild Turkey Rare Breed
Wild Turkey 101
Gentleman Jack
Jim Beam Devil's Cut

These are all fantastic in my humble and limitid experience opinion.
1CAMWNDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:19 PM   #26
Staging Lane

Southern Comfort (I know I will get flamed for this)
Jim Beam
Crown Royal
Jack (of any variety)

Honestly, I haven't tried a whiskey I didn't like. I like scotch for just mellowing out after a long busy day. Dewar's with 2 cubes of ice and a sprinkle of water.
snake95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:41 PM   #27
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake95 View Post
Jim Beam
Crown Royal
Jack (of any variety)

Honestly, I haven't tried a whiskey I didn't like. I like scotch for just mellowing out after a long busy day. Dewar's with 2 cubes of ice and a sprinkle of water.
Hell no you wont get flamed for drinking Southern Comfort! That is pretty cheap and well nothing wrong going to the beach with a cooler full of 1 liter cokes with 1/4 Southern Comfort mixed in miss my old partying days in Tampa! Id always forget the sunscreen though
"MAC" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:03 PM   #28
11 Second Club

I can't stomach SoCo. Tastes like cough syrup to me.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:13 PM   #29
On The Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake95 View Post
Jim Beam
Crown Royal
Jack (of any variety)

I just cant make myself do scotch. I don't have anything against it particularly. I think Ron Burgundy may have ruined it for me....I mean I used to drink Gin, so I'm obviously not too good for scotch. Gin...I mean what the hell was going on with my taste buds? Eating a pine cone would leave a less offensive taste in your mouth.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:38 PM   #30
TECH Enthusiast

My all-time favorite? Pappy Van Winkle 23 year. Three fingers in a rocks glass at room temperature, it's like having an orgasm with your mouth. Hard to find, and pricey if you do... But SO worth it.

My normal go to is Bulleit 10 year if I can find it, regular Bulleit if I can't. Both are DAMNED FINE bourbons. Don't care too much for their green label rye, though.

Also like:
Buffalo Trace
**** Creek
Woodford
Jameson Gold Label (hey, it tastes damned good, I don't care if it's a snob whiskey)
Jack Single Barrel (also a good whiskey, even though regular old Jack is like drinking horse ****

If I'm out and about, though- Good old Jim Beam with a splash of water, no ice.
roninsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:41 PM   #31
On The Tree

I take it jack Daniels is the PBR of whiskey?
'WHEELS' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:47 PM   #32
11 Second Club

you guys are making me want some whisky
Old 09-08-2014, 07:06 PM   #33
11 Second Club

Not much on whiskey....but I have a boss that's into home brewing

ApplePie

Doug G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:39 PM   #34
Staging Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt2020 View Post
I just cant make myself do scotch. I don't have anything against it particularly. I think Ron Burgundy may have ruined it for me....I mean I used to drink Gin, so I'm obviously not too good for scotch. Gin...I mean what the hell was going on with my taste buds? Eating a pine cone would leave a less offensive taste in your mouth.
Literally LOL'd. I have a buddy who likes gin. Not for me, lol!
snake95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:11 AM   #35
11 Second Club

Crown Royal on the rocks. I have tried the Crown Black, Cask No. 16, Crown Extra Rare, and Crown Maple. The Maple was way too sweet for me. If I could afford it, I would drink Extra Rare every day.
02Ls1Formula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:27 AM   #36
TECH Fanatic

I started with Whisky and then tried other things. I need to get back into American Whiskys, but right now I'm getting into Scotch.

The Whisky I have had the most is Wild Turkey American Honey, so not "real" whisky.

For Scotch, I tried J&B Rare first (horrible experience imo), then I tried Dewar's White Label, better than the J&B for sure sure but still not that good. Then I tried Johnnie Walker Black label. More smoky/peaty than the others, but much better also. After that I tried Glennfiddich 12 year old, my first single malt Scotch, the others were all blends. So far Glennfiddich 12 is the best I've had, it has a smell/taste with a hint of pears. It's anywhere from $40-$58 per bottle though, so I haven't bought one yet, I hate spending more than $45 on a bottle. Most recently I bought a bottle of Teacher's Highland Cream. First impression was good but over time my taste for it waned, although I noticed that depending on what, if anything, I had eaten around then changed my opinion on it. Picked up a small bottle of JW Black I haven't opened yet, but it seems like JW Black and Glennfiddich 12 will be the go-tos for now until I can get myself to spend more.
LS-ONE_DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:40 AM   #37
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
1. wisers deluxe

2. gibsons.

that is all.
Those are pretty good.

I tend to drink White Owl Spiced (Way better than it sounds), with a splash of ginger and pressed over ice.

Also 40 Creek. Between those two and the above, that is most of the whiskey I drink.

Will have Crown every once in a while, if the above are not an option.

Oh and Maple Crown is good for one drink, and one only. Any more than that is gross. I feel it's more of a "Christmas" drink.
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:01 PM   #38
On The Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninsonic View Post
My all-time favorite? Pappy Van Winkle 23 year. Three fingers in a rocks glass at room temperature, it's like having an orgasm with your mouth. Hard to find, and pricey if you do... But SO worth it.

My normal go to is Bulleit 10 year if I can find it, regular Bulleit if I can't. Both are DAMNED FINE bourbons. Don't care too much for their green label rye, though.

Also like:
Buffalo Trace
**** Creek
Woodford
Jameson Gold Label (hey, it tastes damned good, I don't care if it's a snob whiskey)
Jack Single Barrel (also a good whiskey, even though regular old Jack is like drinking horse ****

If I'm out and about, though- Good old Jim Beam with a splash of water, no ice.
I used to long for Van Winkle, but I'm in full on boycott of that stuff, which isn't hard to do considering it's rarity. If I had the money to waste, I would buy a bottle from one of these asshat price gougers and the second they hand it to me, crack that cork and poor that bitch onto the ground, yelling "This is for my homies!"

Black label Jack is fine, not the best at anything, but def. on par. How can a person that drinks Bulleitt not like JD?
Old 09-09-2014, 03:35 PM   #39
TECH Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon5212 View Post
Finished mine a couple weeks ago. Pretty good stuff.

Lean a little more towards Irish Whiskey and Scotch if truth be told

Jameson
Ardbeg
JW Black/Double Black
Tons of others. First two are curently in the house.
SSCamaro99_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:21 PM   #40
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt2020 View Post
I used to long for Van Winkle, but I'm in full on boycott of that stuff, which isn't hard to do considering it's rarity. If I had the money to waste, I would buy a bottle from one of these asshat price gougers and the second they hand it to me, crack that cork and poor that bitch onto the ground, yelling "This is for my homies!"

Black label Jack is fine, not the best at anything, but def. on par. How can a person that drinks Bulleitt not like JD?
Jack has a peaty, skunky aftertaste that I hate with a passion. Bulleit has a kind of spicy, citrus-y taste to it. Love that stuff.
roninsonic is offline   Reply With Quote