Whiskey - LS1TECH

Whiskey

Old 09-05-2014, 03:58 PM   #1
On The Tree

Default Whiskey

I would like to get some feed back on what whiskey you guys are suppin these days. I can also provide some feedback to which I prefer and why.

I'm what an alternative education teacher would refer to as "simple". I have simple tastes and tend to never over think things. I prefer my drinks over large tray ice, as not to dilute and neutralize my drink so quickly. Some use stones, but having a just a cunthair of dilution is good by me.

My fave, ranking changes weekly.

1. Colonal E.H. Taylor Small Batch
2. Woodford Reserve
3. Wild Turkey Rare Breed
4. Blantons
5. Russel Reserve
6. Jack Daniels Single barrel.
7. Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit
8. Scissor tail
9. Wild Turkey 101
10. Eagle Rare

What do you guys have?

Last edited by Britt2020; 05-11-2015 at 09:41 AM.
Britt2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:56 PM   #2
Launching!

Usually I drink Wild Turkey or Jim Beam. Gentleman Jack is good but a little pricey to me. Two weeks ago though, I tried Jim Bean Maple and I couldn't believe it. **** tastes exactly like maple syrup. I mean if it was thicker and someone poured it on my pancakes, I wouldn't know the difference. I had Maker's Mark one time and it wasn't bad but I didn't say what all the hype was about.
BWZ_2k2Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:58 PM   #3
On The Tree

Not a fan of any liquor. Tried to get into scotch once, just wasn't happening. Beer only for me.
'WHEELS' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:01 PM   #4
TECH Fanatic

I drink all kinds idc what it is as long as its not Jack Daniels. I like J.D. but it makes me puke, i think i drank way too much and now the smell has me wanting to barf. But i like Crown and Disarrono a lot
"MAC" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:06 PM   #5
On The Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by "MAC" View Post
I drink all kinds idc what it is as long as its not Jack Daniels. I like J.D. but it makes me puke, i think i drank way too much and now the smell has me wanting to barf. But i like Crown and Disarrono a lot
I have this issue with vodka. I think my body remembers all the terrible nights involving vodka when I was younger.
'WHEELS' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:33 PM   #6
12 Second Club

^ I share your vodka sentiments.

I'm a simple man, too. I do JD and Jim Beam exclusively, im sure there are plenty of great ones out there but my wallet prefers to keep it between $20-$40 lol
buddha845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:40 PM   #7

i'm easy. crown royal in the purple bag. tall glass with ice and just a splash of coke. a 12 oz bottle of coke will put down a little over half a 750 ml bottle. i like all of the other crowns, but I always end up coming back to the purple bag.

tried the crown maple last week. if i wanted to drink a pancake i would throw a pancake in the blender. tastey, but not my cup of tea when i want to sit with my wiskey.
TXsilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:49 PM   #8
TECH Fanatic

1. wisers deluxe

2. gibsons.

that is all.
big hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:04 PM   #9
10 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'WHEELS' View Post
Not a fan of any liquor. Tried to get into scotch once, just wasn't happening. Beer only for me.
80% agree with you. I much prefer a good beer over liquor but I do like run a lot especially Flor De Caņa 7 yr. JD Single Barrel is solid.
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:56 PM   #10
TECH Fanatic

What kinda beer do yall drink? The best i ever tasted was when i went to a steak place that brewed there own beer. Idk the name it was years ago but it was one of there light beers.

Iirc BJ's was the steak house name though down in St. Petersburg's Fl. (Next to Tampa)
Old 09-05-2014, 08:53 PM   #11
TECH Fanatic

Black Tooth Grin:

Small rocks glass with ice, 1 part Crown Royal, 1 Part Segrams 7, splash of Coke.

Honestly I'm open to any type of whiskey, but what I usually drink is Jim Beam 7 year Bourbon, or if I'm feeling fancy, Bushmill's Irish Whiskey. IMO Bushmill's is better than the old Jameson and a bit cheaper. Either of those go down the hatch in a double shot glass like water.

As far as other booze, I do love my clear liquors. Appleton clear rum is a good notch above Bacardi, but I do love their spiced rum as well. If you are drinking black pirate rum, the Kraken is good stuff. Vodka I usually go for potatoe based, Vikingford is a good affordable brand. For gin, it has to be the right cocktail or mood, I despise doing shots of that stuff. Beefeater is IMO the best stuff, its distilled in London, and a bit higher proof just like it was 100 years ago, ie it hasn't been watered down.

Now I could start a whole nother thread about scotch and bourbon.
AronZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:55 PM   #12

Quote:
What kinda beer do yall drink? The best i ever tasted was when i went to a steak place that brewed there own beer. Idk the name it was years ago but it was one of there light beers.

Iirc BJ's was the steak house name though down in St. Petersburg's Fl. (Next to Tampa)
you're thinking about their blonde. came with a slice of orange? that is a DAMN good lite beer IMO. now i want one lol.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #13
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXsilverado View Post

you're thinking about their blonde. came with a slice of orange? that is a DAMN good lite beer IMO. now i want one lol.
Lol i like this mod
Old 09-05-2014, 10:01 PM   #14
TECH Fanatic

Theres an entire thread devoted to beer.

Whiskey I dont drink often, I dont get the difference between it and bourbon, but I know mine has to have coke in it lol. W L Weller, Evan Williams. I used to love Red Stag or Jeremiah Weed cherry mash. Thats not much for sippin though, just mixing. Straight Whiskey drinkers dont mess around.
trilkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:20 PM   #15

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Lol i like this mod
Its been years since ive had a bj blonde. After reading your post i blew off the gym and im heading to bj brewery with the wife to meet a buddy. Crown can wait tonight. You gave me a sweet tooth for a blonde bj.... Or a bj blonde... Whatever im having some tonight.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:54 PM   #16
TECH Fanatic

I miss that place man the waitresses are hot there and its definitely a lot better than Hooters and Wing house. There is another place that was good, idk if they brewed there own beer but its off Dale malbry or how ever its called its been years since i was stationed there in Tampa but its the steak house right before you get to the interstate 275 on the left headed north from the main entrance.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:16 AM   #17
TECH Regular

I don't get into whiskey that much. I like Crown, that Jack Daniels Honey is actually pretty good too. I like rum better though.
why87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:39 AM   #18
11 Second Club

My go to is Maker's Mark. It's smooth, reasonably priced, and I love the flavor.

Maker's 46 is on it's way to replacing it, it has a little more bold flavor and isn't much more expensive.

The Jim Beam Devil's Cut was pretty impressive too. Not as harsh as I expected.

I actually toured the Woodford Reserve distillery in KY when I was there. Really cool to see how it was made and it was gorgeous out in that area of the state. They gave us a sample at the end but it was just a small shot that was warm. I prefer to drink mine over a little ice. As it was given to us, I found it to be harsh enough I didn't want to pay the price for a bottle.
thunderstruck507 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:56 AM   #19
On The Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWZ_2k2Z28 View Post
Usually I drink Wild Turkey or Jim Beam. Gentleman Jack is good but a little pricey to me. Two weeks ago though, I tried Jim Bean Maple and I couldn't believe it. **** tastes exactly like maple syrup. I mean if it was thicker and someone poured it on my pancakes, I wouldn't know the difference. I had Maker's Mark one time and it wasn't bad but I didn't say what all the hype was about.
On your pancakes, I like that...I can't do the sweet stuff, though I have had a few bottles of JD Honey years back, but the sweetness can fool you and lead to over consumption, which leads and riding a horse bareback without a halter in the pitch black wearing only shorts and Muck boots.

Quote:
You removed your finger when I clinched, you were right in doing that - Carter Pewtershmidt.

I'm not a scotch type of dude, for social reasons mostly, but also I just really can't get away from American bourbons. As far as beer goes I try to only have a little when I go out to eat or every other month at the house. I have issues with moderation when it comes to beer. But my beer of choice is Banquet, followed closely by Shiner.

Quote:
Never had Disarrono, I have crown whenever I'm out of everything else. I don't keep it, but my father-in-law does, so I just take a walk over to his place now and again.

Quote:
I have this issue with vodka. I think my body remembers all the terrible nights involving vodka when I was younger.
Vodka is something I have never understood. Put rubbing alcohol in one glass, vodka in another and I most likely couldn't tell them apart. I haven't had any in years and don't see myself ever having any again.

Quote:
i'm easy. crown royal in the purple bag. tall glass with ice and just a splash of coke. a 12 oz bottle of coke will put down a little over half a 750 ml bottle. i like all of the other crowns, but I always end up coming back to the purple bag.

tried the crown maple last week. if i wanted to drink a pancake i would throw a pancake in the blender. tastey, but not my cup of tea when i want to sit with my wiskey.
Dang, that is a splash. I can't even do that though, something about the flat Coke taste just ruins everything for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
1. wisers deluxe

2. gibsons.

that is all.
I'll have to try these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx03 View Post
80% agree with you. I much prefer a good beer over liquor but I do like run a lot especially Flor De Caņa 7 yr. JD Single Barrel is solid.
The Single Barrel is very good. never had the Flor De jazz, sounds fancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AronZ28 View Post
Black Tooth Grin:

Small rocks glass with ice, 1 part Crown Royal, 1 Part Segrams 7, splash of Coke.

Honestly I'm open to any type of whiskey, but what I usually drink is Jim Beam 7 year Bourbon, or if I'm feeling fancy, Bushmill's Irish Whiskey. IMO Bushmill's is better than the old Jameson and a bit cheaper. Either of those go down the hatch in a double shot glass like water.

As far as other booze, I do love my clear liquors. Appleton clear rum is a good notch above Bacardi, but I do love their spiced rum as well. If you are drinking black pirate rum, the Kraken is good stuff. Vodka I usually go for potatoe based, Vikingford is a good affordable brand. For gin, it has to be the right cocktail or mood, I despise doing shots of that stuff. Beefeater is IMO the best stuff, its distilled in London, and a bit higher proof just like it was 100 years ago, ie it hasn't been watered down.

Now I could start a whole nother thread about scotch and bourbon.
Most everything you listed is a no go for me. Rum is good for mixing, but I'm not a mixer. I haven't shot anything in years and you are on a whole nother level for drinking Segrams 7....I tip my hat.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:01 AM   #20
On The Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderstruck507 View Post
My go to is Maker's Mark. It's smooth, reasonably priced, and I love the flavor.

Maker's 46 is on it's way to replacing it, it has a little more bold flavor and isn't much more expensive.

The Jim Beam Devil's Cut was pretty impressive too. Not as harsh as I expected.

I actually toured the Woodford Reserve distillery in KY when I was there. Really cool to see how it was made and it was gorgeous out in that area of the state. They gave us a sample at the end but it was just a small shot that was warm. I prefer to drink mine over a little ice. As it was given to us, I found it to be harsh enough I didn't want to pay the price for a bottle.
I have had very little MM, but remember it lingering on my taste buds a little long....like kissing a smoker. You need to give Woodford a shot, put it on ice and let it set for a couple minutes if it's to stout in the beginning. Over ice is the only way I have anything. I started to pickup some Devils Cut this weekend, but grabbed the JD black, it's habitual I guess.