How do you guys deal with road rage, mentally? - Page 2 - LS1TECH

How do you guys deal with road rage, mentally?

Old 08-25-2016, 10:24 AM   #21
On The Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
Mostly just crank some metal.
I feel like this would fuel my road rage more than anything
'WHEELS' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:52 AM   #22
9 Second Club

Having a big redneck pickup truck as a daily driver is my solution! Its stress relieving since nobody really comes close to cutting me off or tailgating me. Most people get out of the left lane as I come up behind them as they hate my headlights being so high. Really don't have too many situations to raise my blood pressure plus no door dings to worry about in parking lots, if traffic gets backed up just jump the curb or median always lots of options in a truck. It would be hard to go back to a car as a daily, save the car for the weekends on open roads!
SLOW SEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 01:23 PM   #23
Village Troll

Whenever I'm the recipient of road rage I just give them a blank stare. Even after they're done with their rant I still look at them with maybe my toungue partially hanging out. I've had some hold up a cell phone threatening to call the police. People are so ******* stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN View Post
save the car for the weekends on open roads!
I don't see how that's even possible in NoVa anymore. I get the logic, but some brodozers take it too far where they tailgate those in the left lane who are passing, even when those cars can't get over until there's a clear spot. I still laugh when I saw someone with the huge lift, mud boggers, Affliction window sticker and 16" exhaust coming out of the bed getting gas when the temp was in the 30's and quickly got back into the cab once the pump was started.
SS RRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 01:38 PM   #24
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk View Post
The bimbo that just cut you off is someone's sister, wife, mother, cousin, girlfriend, niece, etc, etc. everyone makes mistakes and it isn't worth endangering anyone's lives or even stressing about the matter beyond the moment that it happens...
Or they are a no good dirty ***** on heroin with kids at home she doesnt feed to fuel her addiction, and who shouldn't be on the road to begin with.

Noone is innocent

Last edited by trilkb; 08-25-2016 at 01:44 PM.
trilkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 01:40 PM   #25
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk View Post
The bimbo that just cut you off is someone's sister, wife, mother, cousin, girlfriend, niece, etc, etc. everyone makes mistakes and it isn't worth endangering anyone's lives or even stressing about the matter beyond the moment that it happens...
^^^This is ---unfortunately--- very true. Most people are at least kinda stupid, lots are ********. Driving puts everyone in one big public pool together. It is what it is and **** everyone, but getting overly pissed or doing something reactionary isn't going to help, only going to make a dangerous situation more dangerous.

As I get older I try harder to keep my temper and am more successful at doing so. When my wife and baby daughter are in the car and somebody does something stupid/dangerous my blood boils so much more, and instantly because now somebody has threatened the safety of my family. But what am I going to do, chase them down while driving like an idiot myself? Scream and yell in the car in front of my two year old girl? Just let it go. Little shake of the head and be glad you're not the fuckoff that just did something stupid.
AnotherWs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:00 PM   #26
TECH Junkie

I just wonder what some of these young ladies are thinking when they tailgate anyone and everyone. I "put up with it" and might do a slight brake tap followed by a middle finger, but I'm nice. There are some guys out there who just don't give a **** about anything, and will beat a bitches *** at a red light.
-Ross- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:04 PM   #27
Village Troll

Meanwhile, on a freeway near you...
Old 08-25-2016, 03:08 PM   #28
TECH Fanatic

Best driving song ever
I never get upset at tailgaters unless they are being aggressive. Most are to stupid to know what a proper following distance is to begin with. My big issue is people texting and people who don't go at Green lights because they are distracted. Drives me crazy

Last edited by trilkb; 08-25-2016 at 03:13 PM.
trilkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:10 PM   #29
TECH Fanatic

Since 95% of the time i have a firearm in the car i try to ignore as much as possible.
BrntWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:53 PM   #30
9 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS RRR View Post
Whenever I'm the recipient of road rage I just give them a blank stare. Even after they're done with their rant I still look at them with maybe my toungue partially hanging out. I've had some hold up a cell phone threatening to call the police. People are so ******* stupid.

I don't see how that's even possible in NoVa anymore. I get the logic, but some brodozers take it too far where they tailgate those in the left lane who are passing, even when those cars can't get over until there's a clear spot. I still laugh when I saw someone with the huge lift, mud boggers, Affliction window sticker and 16" exhaust coming out of the bed getting gas when the temp was in the 30's and quickly got back into the cab once the pump was started.
I don't tailgate since stopping a truck isn't the greatest, if someone tried to be funny and brake check me they would just have to deal with getting hit. Wouldn't even be mad about it since all it would do is scratch my bumper. I've hit trees with it offroading and its barely dented it. I've had one car try to cut me off but he caught the bumper edge which opened up his car like a tuna can and all I had to do was touch the bumper tube with some spray paint. I agree some of the guys go overboard, if you have stacks and its not a pulling truck you're a diesel ricer.

I live in Leesburg and I head anywhere but east, some nice roads out there. Especially when rural MD is only a short drive away.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:30 PM   #31
Village Troll

Quote:
I live in Leesburg and I head anywhere but east, some nice roads out there. Especially when rural MD is only a short drive away.
Used to be some good racing going on there at "the bridge." Can't remember exactly where since it's been years since I've been out there, but it's right off 15 north of Leesburg.
I have lived in Richmond, South Riding and Warrenton.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:29 PM   #32
9 Second Club

Quote:
Used to be some good racing going on there at "the bridge." Can't remember exactly where since it's been years since I've been out there, but it's right off 15 north of Leesburg.
I have lived in Richmond, South Riding and Warrenton.
Ya lilypons bridge some action still goes down.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:55 PM   #33
Teching In

Quote:
Having a big redneck pickup truck as a daily driver is my solution! Its stress relieving since nobody really comes close to cutting me off or tailgating me.
Then there are the guys like me. I've had dopes in big trucks try to muscle me around on the roads & they end up backing off. Just because you have a bigger vehicle doesn't make you right or invincible.
FlyinOn4Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:57 PM   #34
Teching In

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilkb View Post
Disturbed - Meaning of Life - YouTube

Best driving song ever
I never get upset at tailgaters unless they are being aggressive. Most are to stupid to know what a proper following distance is to begin with. My big issue is people texting and people who don't go at Green lights because they are distracted. Drives me crazy
A lot of tailgating happens because there is an idiot impeding traffic in the left lane. It's illegal to be there blocking traffic.

Last edited by FlyinOn4Wheels; 08-26-2016 at 07:00 AM.
FlyinOn4Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:10 PM   #35
TECH Fanatic

what we need is blood pressure monitors that force you to pull over anytime the blood goes over 140mmHg systolic or you risk getting splashed in the face with automatic ice water dispenser

it would auto dispense anti depressants and blood pressure meds
kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:06 PM   #36
Village Troll

Quote:
Ya lilypons bridge some action still goes down.
There it is! Used to be nice drive in the middle of the night on 15 before it became the next area to explode in growth.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:47 PM   #37
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Meanwhile, on a freeway near you...
Whats great about that, since it was caught on film, that idiot that brake checked is going to be 100% at fault and the other driver will be able to sue him.
Jon5212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:59 PM   #38
9 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinOn4Wheels View Post
Then there are the guys like me. I've had dopes in big trucks try to muscle me around on the roads & they end up backing off. Just because you have a bigger vehicle doesn't make you right or invincible.

You must have run into dopes that care about their trucks paint. I don't try to muscle anyone, just when I'm just going at or near the speed limit coming up on traffic they usually get over when I'm driving the truck as opposed to when I'm driving a car they just sit there in the left lane. Same with retards pulling out in front of me happens every day I drive a car, hardly ever when I drive the truck. No reason to drive illegally or muscle anyone, its just relaxing to drive a truck from my viewpoint.

Quote:
There it is! Used to be nice drive in the middle of the night on 15 before it became the next area to explode in growth.
Ya the growth in this area is nuts, its what pushed me further from the beltway. Really I wanted to go even further west.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:06 PM   #39
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon5212 View Post
Whats great about that, since it was caught on film, that idiot that brake checked is going to be 100% at fault and the other driver will be able to sue him.
Doubt that happened, it's a dash cam not the Hubble Telescope. Regardless, you ARE allowed to use your brakes - even on highways!!!

That is the most epic brake check I have ever witnessed. Just sucks that the guy looks like he went a-zing-zong-zingity into oncoming traffic.
AnotherWs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:00 PM   #40
Village Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon5212 View Post
Can't see it, but after the brake check the **** sucker signaled and got into the right lane...