How do you guys deal with road rage, mentally? - Page 4 - LS1TECH

How do you guys deal with road rage, mentally?

Old 09-01-2016, 01:25 PM   #61
TECH Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ross- View Post
Oh, and do they not teach that high-beams aren't supposed to be used 100% of the time while driving at night? I live in Texas, so maybe it's just our friends who have migrated here from south of the border? So many people do this **** around Houston. This is a "basic" rule most (I would think.) people learn before they even start driving.
That's when I flash them with my high beams, if I'm driving the Camaro that is 4 HID projectors lit up in their face for a second. That usually gets their attention right quick
SparkyJJO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:30 PM   #62
TECH Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
That's when I flash them with my high beams, if I'm driving the Camaro that is 4 HID projectors lit up in their face for a second. That usually gets their attention right quick
Yeah. There are a bunch of good ol' boys around here who have those LED light bars on their trucks. I feel sorry for the idiots who are caught driving with their high-beams coming up on these dudes. They get lit up!!! lol
-Ross- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:39 PM   #63
On The Tree

I just throw my beer cans at them....
hardtrailz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:01 PM   #64
TECH Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtrailz View Post
This guy wins. End thread.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:31 PM   #65
11 Second Club

As of late I see a lot of dickholes running red lights here. Like not just turned...full on red for 2-3 seconds. Sometimes traffic backs up and now these **** tractors are sitting in the intersection with their thumb up their nose blocking cross traffic from flowing for a full light cycle.

Also people who leave 3 or 4 car lengths between them and the car in front at intersections which pushes traffic back to block other side roads or access to right turn lanes.

But I will say the ones who **** me off more than anything are:

1) People who run 35mph on the on ramp and try to merge into 70mph+ traffic. I hate being stuck behind them on the ramp and if I'm on the road they are merging to I refuse to slow down for them. Yes, I know that makes me partially an ******* too but **** them in the *** with a pineapple.

2) ******** who see "Lane ends merge now" signs and ignore them then try to muscle their way into traffic even AFTER the lane has completely ended. As in, these mother ******* are in the shoulder with their blinker on wondering why no one wants to let them cut off people driving properly.

Those 2 types of people I would really like to see put in some situations that would make the Saw and Hostel movies look like Reading Rainbow.
thunderstruck507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:48 PM   #66
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokeplaya05 View Post
two things that really get me going are when two (or three) cars are driving the same speed next to each other as has been covered already, the other one is the guy who will go the speed limit or a little under then when coming to a passing zone will speed up to make it impossible to pass. I was following a guy yesterday in a 55mph zone going between 50 and 55 for miles, we get to a passing zone and I pull out to pass and he floors it as I am overtaking him. I look over and he gives me the **** you look and I have to floor it as well to get around him, ended up going 75+ to get around him and then he rides my *** for a mile then backs off to his 50mph again. I just don't understand that at all.
I saw semi deal with that in a great way, just drove down the center of the road, straddling the lanes, for a mile behind the two idiots doing the same speed. They got the hint lol.

trilkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:05 PM   #67
Village Troll

Rolling roadblocks rank up there with clueless ***** on a cellphone. One of the only times I will split a lane to get past when on the bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderstruck507 View Post
these **** tractors .
LOL... auto correct? That's a good one.
SS RRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:38 PM   #68
TECH Fanatic

Oh thanks..... guys on motorcycles who ride between lanes or on the shoulder. Waiting for one of those dumb ***** to get knocked down and cause even more traffic. It is very startling to be rolling along and then to suddenly hear a ******* bike next to you 8 inches away. Makes me want to clip their back tire. Move to ******* Mexico if you want to have no driving rules. We are all talking about how clueless people are..... how clueless does one have to be to trust that a clueless driver isn't going to switch lanes without noticing that you're there? And then it's all "Look Daddy, that man can fly." "Yes he can sweety. For a while. Yes he can."
AnotherWs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:46 PM   #69
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS RRR View Post
Rolling roadblocks rank up there with clueless ***** on a cellphone. One of the only times I will split a lane to get past when on the bike.

LOL... auto correct? That's a good one.
Thank Trailor Park Boys for that one.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:50 PM   #70
TECH Junkie

Quote:
1) People who run 35mph on the on ramp and try to merge into 70mph+ traffic. I hate being stuck behind them on the ramp and if I'm on the road they are merging to I refuse to slow down for them. Yes, I know that makes me partially an ******* too but **** them in the *** with a pineapple.

2) ******** who see "Lane ends merge now" signs and ignore them then try to muscle their way into traffic even AFTER the lane has completely ended. As in, these mother ******* are in the shoulder with their blinker on wondering why no one wants to let them cut off people driving properly.
These folks need to die by fire.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:51 PM   #71
Village Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherWs6 View Post
Oh thanks..... guys on motorcycles who ride between lanes or on the shoulder.
Well, don't be the clueless **** who creates rolling road blocks with thousands of cars behind waiting for you to get over so everyone else can go faster and stay the **** off your phone.
SS RRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 04:00 PM   #72
Launching!

I flash my brights at people who don't have their lights on during sunset, a rain/fog storm, or GOD FORBID NIGHT. These cocky idiots say things like "I guess I'm a better driver than you, so I don't need them to see."

It isn't about what YOU can see, it's so other people can see YOU. I've almost died pulling into incoming traffic during the rain because these people are too arrogant to turn their lights on, and DTRL isn't enough sometimes.
SouthernRex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 04:11 PM   #73
TECH Fanatic

I was waiting on a train today in my work truck, one lane is straight only, and one is left turn only. Those are your choices. I'm in the straight only lane with the air brakes set, and I'm vehicle numero uno. The left turn only lane has a green arrow the entire time the train is going by. So one dumb mother ****** who was probably late to a **** sucking competition pulls into the turn only lane and decides to block traffic that has a green arrow to wait for the train to get by so he can cut in front of me when the light turns green. He got multiple air horn blasts and a middle finger, along with me yelling **** you at the top of my lungs. He turned left shortly after the crossing but traffic was backed up and blocking him, I thought oh yay, I'm gonna pull up next to him and roll down the window and tell him how I feel. As I got closer he either changed his mind on turning or got scared I was coming up next to him.

I wasnt in the ******* mood for that **** today.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:23 PM   #74
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilkb View Post
I was waiting on a train today in my work truck, one lane is straight only, and one is left turn only. Those are your choices. I'm in the straight only lane with the air brakes set, and I'm vehicle numero uno. The left turn only lane has a green arrow the entire time the train is going by. So one dumb mother ****** who was probably late to a **** sucking competition pulls into the turn only lane and decides to block traffic that has a green arrow to wait for the train to get by so he can cut in front of me when the light turns green. He got multiple air horn blasts and a middle finger, along with me yelling **** you at the top of my lungs. He turned left shortly after the crossing but traffic was backed up and blocking him, I thought oh yay, I'm gonna pull up next to him and roll down the window and tell him how I feel. As I got closer he either changed his mind on turning or got scared I was coming up next to him.

Ohhh put that #3 on my previous list and it's getting more and more common here too: People who decide to get in the wrong ******* lane, or attempt an obviously impossible maneuver like an unprotected left hand turn across 2 lanes of bumper to bumper rush hour traffic, or just simply are too ******* stupid to pull ALL the way into a turn lane....any of the 3 results in blocking flow of traffic for 1-2 lanes of traffic. Do not make others suffer your stupidity...go turn around and come back or figure out an alternate route you selfish *****.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:15 PM   #75
TECH Fanatic

Yup, deal with your mistake, don't make others deal with you. I get people turning left from traffic lanes instead of the shared middle lane all the time. What do they think that lane is for? Changing lanes over a solid white line pissed me off too. People do it and try to pass me befor the lane I'm in merges onto the highway. If I can I'll get over and make them slam on the brakes.

We had a dude on a crotch rocket get on the highway in the morning and try to immediately take 3 lanes to the left, all was well till he clipped the car in the last lane with his back wheel, think the dude died too so atleast something came from it.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:52 PM   #76
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtrailz View Post
LMAO. Trans Am means the transmission was made in 'Merica so you can shift gears and drink beers at the same time.

I just stay calm, try to be courteous whenever possible, ignore bullshit you have no control over, and forget everything that happened while I was driving after I'm done driving. It's not worth my time to fume about traffic. My goal is to find a job I like and then buy a house really close to it. Until then, I live with commuting.
X-ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:29 AM   #77
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
I was just going to bring this one up, beat me to it
hokeplaya05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:42 AM   #78
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS RRR View Post
Well, don't be the clueless **** who creates rolling road blocks with thousands of cars behind waiting for you to get over so everyone else can go faster and stay the **** off your phone.
Agreed. That wasn't directed at you BTW, I'm really talking about what I encounter here daily. A few miles at a time of everyone going 15mph. The bikes don't wanna wait so they scare people while leaving their well being in the hands of the hundreds of mostly mindless fucktardanians who are causing the traffic in the first place. I watch EVERY day while people veer of one way or another because they are looking at their phones hardcore while in this type of traffic. It's just a stupid fng thing to do go between everyone doing 40.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:43 AM   #79
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilkb View Post

Lol at **** sucking competition.

Then we have either the "I missed my exit because I was masturbating guy" or the "Oh ****, I'm not sitting in this traffic, I need to get to work or home and ********** guy" - Both do the same thing, which is drive backwards down the shoulder at 34mph so that they can get back to the last exit. Seriously?
Old 09-02-2016, 12:08 PM   #80
Launching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokeplaya05 View Post
I was just going to bring this one up, beat me to it
Although my primary reasons for buying an LS1 RWD car was for my love of the history/body/vehicle and power, and ego, me telling my wife it was so I had enough power to be safe wasn't just a selling point to get the "OK" financially.

Driving her 4-cylinder FWD car scares the hell out of me, because that thing will not grab and merge the way I need it to. I don't take unnecessary risks, but sometimes pulling into traffic you "missed" somebody, who is barreling at you at 70 MPH. With the Trans Am I can get out of his way at matching speed in a matter of seconds (assuming my tires hook.)
SouthernRex is online now   Reply With Quote