How do you guys deal with road rage, mentally? - Page 5 - LS1TECH

How do you guys deal with road rage, mentally?

Old 09-02-2016, 12:46 PM   #81
TECH Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokeplaya05 View Post
I was just going to bring this one up, beat me to it
You need to accelerate faster!
SparkyJJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:26 PM   #82
TECH Fanatic

my pet peeves are driving slow in the left lane. and im really ticked we just added a carpool lane on the left so everyone in the real left lane doesnt drive like its a left lane. i wish the carpool lane was on the right. #2 people merging onto a freeway at 45 when the speed limit is 65 wtf? #3 people turning right on red , hey i got news for ya if im driving straight with a green light dont turn right and make me slowdown! man that erks me. ok im done ranting.
DANOZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:48 PM   #83
TECH Fanatic

drive a dedicated demolition car,

keep a high power water gun loaded with brake fluid,

keep transmission fluid in alittle bottle near a capped vacuum line in the interior,

reinforce the front and rears to take subtle impact and o/c bullet proof windows

beg for contact. have fun
kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:41 PM   #84
TECH Fanatic

trilkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 02:40 AM   #85
Teching In

I think a pretty big issue we have in this country is education when it comes to driving. I've heard people, including my own mother get pissed off at other people for doing what is legal and actually the correct thing to do. It's way too easy to get a license. I'll never forget when I took my brother to get his. He had driven carts and my 8th mile car for years and was good at driving, better than most of my friends who were in their early 20's.

As we were leaving a girl came in, who looked like she was in her 20's, really attractive 16 year old girl, the state trooper looks at her and her mom and says, " well she needs to work on merging, and maintaining her lane and speed, but she passed." In my mind I'm thinking wait if you can't merge, stay in a lane or up to speed, what the hell are you doing behind the wheel? Still have no explanation other than I think of that when I get pissed off at other drivers who are doing ridiculous things.
HUMPorDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 01:17 AM   #86
TECH Fanatic

HUMPorDIE, that example there is what is wrong with America. We think driving is a god given right, not a privilege. We hand out driver's licenses like they are free candy on Halloween.

I really wish we'd go to the German model, getting your regular driver's license is like getting your class A commerical license in this country. IE 20+hours of class room time, a certain number of hours behind the wheel with an instructor, a waiting period, and a very thorough road test that includes knowledge about how to maintain your car.

Its kind of laughable the fatality rate on the Autobahn vs the Interstate. Despite no speed limit on certain rural sections, its much lower on the Autobahn. And most of the Autobahn is like the I-95 corridor up the east coast, very heavily traveled since Germany is the central crossroads of Europe for going east-west and north-south.
AronZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 03:45 PM   #87
TECH Resident

Things I can't stand is when I'm trying to get to work and some clown wants to drive 10 MPH below the limit in the left lane while riding side by side with another car and REFUSES to pass them. It aggravates the living crap out of me and it happens way to often on my commute. Even when I'm speeding I still move back over to the right lane to ensure people can pass me if they need to.

They're swapping out those left turn signals for flashing amber yellow lights. I lived in Seattle for some time so I am used to seeing them but alot of people here in GA arent and won't turn when its clear.

Oh.. I was on I-285 in the left lane and there was a vehicle to my right that I was preparing to pass. This guy had NOONE infront of him. He throws his signal on as Im coming up right beside him and merges RIGHT over into me which I layed on the horn. That didn't stop him. I barely managed to brake in time or he would have put me in the wall. I caught him later again zipping in and out of cars. I have a bad temper when it comes to road rage and I have to catch myself or I might end up doing something stupid which will get some innocent driver hurt but I couldn't resist putting him back in a cluster of traffic and not allowing him to pass when he wanted to.

To many people here doing 80+ MPH (cops not doing a thing about it either) while not paying attention to what they're doing, on their phones, not checking their surroundings, ect.

My current commute to work is all street on a divided highway with a 45 MPH speed limit, we mostly do 65 - 70 MPH down that street and not because I'm in a hurry but just trying not to get run off the road.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 03:54 PM   #88
On The Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Things I can't stand is when I'm trying to get to work and some clown wants to drive 10 MPH below the limit in the left lane while riding side by side with another car and REFUSES to pass them. It aggravates the living crap out of me and it happens way to often on my commute. Even when I'm speeding I still move back over to the right lane to ensure people can pass me if they need to.

They're swapping out those left turn signals for flashing amber yellow lights. I lived in Seattle for some time so I am used to seeing them but alot of people here in GA arent and won't turn when its clear.

Oh.. I was on I-285 in the left lane and there was a vehicle to my right that I was preparing to pass. This guy had NOONE infront of him. He throws his signal on as Im coming up right beside him and merges RIGHT over into me which I layed on the horn. That didn't stop him. I barely managed to brake in time or he would have put me in the wall. I caught him later again zipping in and out of cars. I have a bad temper when it comes to road rage and I have to catch myself or I might end up doing something stupid which will get some innocent driver hurt but I couldn't resist putting him back in a cluster of traffic and not allowing him to pass when he wanted to.

To many people here doing 80+ MPH (cops not doing a thing about it either) while not paying attention to what they're doing, on their phones, not checking their surroundings, ect.

My current commute to work is all street on a divided highway with a 45 MPH speed limit, we mostly do 65 - 70 MPH down that street and not because I'm in a hurry but just trying not to get run off the road.
I personally think anyone caught on a phone talking or texting should get equivalent to a DUI. I've had a family member injured due to texting and driving.

I don't get road rage at all anymore (I used to be a ***** 10-15 years ago). I could care less if someone flips me off, swerves at me or whatever. It's not worth causing an accident or going to jail over.
99Custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:14 AM   #89
TECH Fanatic

Just remembered another one that completely pisses me off, people towing trailers with lights that don't work.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:10 AM   #90
TECH Fanatic

They're all out today. Been on the road for 4 hours and thus is the results...

1.Person on cell phone wouldn't turn right on red. Clear for a mile.

2. Car backs out of driveway into my path as I'm doing 40mph, gets straight in the lane, stops, then puts on left turn signal. Like they are the only mother ****** on the road.

3.firetruck on shoulder blocking part of a lane, on 4 lane highway, as I'm passing in the open lane a van speeds up and wedges itself between my box truck and the firetruck leaving inches on both sides. How stupid can you be?

4. Utility service truck pulls out in front of me doing 50, Noone behind me, then proceeds to do 20mph for a 1/4 mile, and pulls over into the ditch. No flashing lights or anything. Air horn for you mother ******.

5. 2 old people doing 35 in a 55, for 4 miles, holding up traffic.

IM ready to lose my mind. The 2nd one really pissed me off since I was in the corvette.

Last edited by trilkb; 09-14-2016 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:30 AM   #91
Launching!

I've been dealing with city drivers and commercial drivers being serious ******** lately. Even delivery drivers. One guy gunned it at a 4-way stop when it was not his go (a delivery driver), and flicked me off when I honked (I was already HALF WAY THROUGH THE MIDDLE). I gunned the car sideways and followed him to get his plate number and call his job to get him fired, but my wife talked me down "Don't ruin this kids life over road rage, you don't know if he's about to be homeless or has sick kids and he's depending on this job", and I retorted "well, he should have thought of that when he flicked me off while driving like an ******* during company time". But after venting I agreed with her and just let it go.
SouthernRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:32 AM   #92
Douchebag On The Tree

I think this thread needs a title change. "Come in here to vent about your road rage" is much more accurate for the second half of the thread.
justin455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:33 AM   #93
TECH Fanatic

If you're stupid enough to flip someone off in a company vehicle with phone numbers on the side you get what comes your way. Some days I do it and hope the person calls so I can talk to them lol.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:40 AM   #94
Launching!

My road rage got me into trouble once. I had just worked a long shift (5PM-7AM) and was driving home in the middle lane when a black Charger was speeding up in the right lane where I needed to merge to make my turn. I sped up more, he sped up more. I lost my temper and hit 75MPH in a 45, cut the Charger off, and brake checked him. His sirens lit up, and I was like "Oh, right, a Charger. Duh."

He pulled me over and I told him "This is going to sound really stupid, but I didn't know you were a cop. I know I fucked up, I thought you were some guy showing off your sports car not letting me make my turn and I just lost it." He was pretty nice and asked for my information/ID/registration/insurance and I told him he would have to be the one to get it, because it was locked up in my glove box with a firearm. He saw the logic in this and got another cop to baby sit me on the curb and asked permission to run the serial on the gun, and I said what the hell, go for it. They bullshitted me about my car and my job a little bit, then they stripped the magazine out and threw it in the trunk, told me to "watch my speed" and left. Not even a ticket.

I think they felt bad because I just got off a Black Friday shift hahahaha.
SouthernRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:42 AM   #95
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin455 View Post
I think this thread needs a title change. "Come in here to vent about your road rage" is much more accurate for the second half of the thread.
True.

I had a semi refuse to let me merge while I was getting on to a highway. I was going fast and still heavy on the gas (in my Suburban) and the ************ sped up and blocked me until I had to slam on my brakes and ended up on the shoulder because the on ramp lane ran out. I pulled back on behind him and then proceeded to be within a few car lengths of him, sometimes slightly ahead sometimes behind, for the next 15 minutes as we drove through congested rush hour highway traffic. Risk my life for zero ******* gain, **** that guy.
AnotherWs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:47 AM   #96
Village Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilkb View Post
If you're stupid enough to flip someone off in a company vehicle with phone numbers on the side you get what comes your way. Some days I do it and hope the person calls so I can talk to them lol.
Had a guy in a company truck get mad at how I was threading traffic on my bike. He started weaving back and forth in lanes cutting people of and forcing them in the shoulder. We got side by side while still rolling. He was giving me the stink eye, not watching in front of him and rearended a car while doing about 10mph. I had it all on video. Decided not to send it to his place of employment. Sometimes regret that decision.
SS RRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:56 AM   #97
TECH Fanatic

Didn't you say you only go between cars if something or other is going on? Sounds like you do it in traffic too.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:58 AM   #98
Village Troll

That is lane splitting. There is a difference. I pass cars where there is enough gap for a motorcycle to safely pass. And again, if there are dumbfucks that I am directly stuck behind causing a rolling roadblock I will split the lane to get away from them. If I am not directly behind them then I grit my teeth and say mean things about them and stay behind until the is opportunity to pass.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:19 PM   #99
TECH Fanatic

Eh, not a fan of bikes. Too many ******** who think they are super heroes. You very well may not be one of them, just saying. But I do know where you're going on that motorcycle.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:25 PM   #100
Village Troll

No. I'm an absolute ******* to someone who doesn't ride. Most of them feel a bike should be treated the same as a car. If you don't ride then you won't understand. Being around cars on a good bike is the same as being in a car surrounded by fully loaded 18-wheelers.