Old 03-01-2017, 06:44 AM   #21
Launching!

Malik Monk is mother ******* beast.
sw07gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:00 PM   #22
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackonBlackTA View Post
Hoping this is the year my Boilermakers can make a little splash in the tourney. The realist in me knows they won't play up to their potential, but I can always dream. IU sucks!
Congrats on locking up the Big Ten title
Now do you guys "tank" the B10 tourney and rest for the NCAA or play to stay hot with momentum for the big Dance ??????
A.R. Shale Targa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 07:53 AM   #23
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R. Shale Targa View Post
DAMN; when will my Badgers stop losing to "un-ranked" conference opponents
Apparently not any time soon
another loss to Michigan State and a final 3 minute CHOKE loss at home in the Kohl Center to the Iowa Hawkeyes
Having lost 5 of six now this once 21-3 team is 22-8 entering the Big Ten tournament with horrible momentum.....not just NOT expecting much going forward.............
Old 03-03-2017, 08:22 AM   #24
TECH Apprentice

Quote:
Congrats on locking up the Big Ten title
Now do you guys "tank" the B10 tourney and rest for the NCAA or play to stay hot with momentum for the big Dance ??????
I think we should try to keep playing hard, but if a game gets out of hand one direction or the other, pull the stars in, and let the bench play. Though there really aren't many guys we can put in... We won't get any love from the committee either way. We could win the B1G tourney and possibly maybe be a 3, or stay camped out where we are and be a 4. A 3 might get us playing in Indy, but a 4 in Milwaukee isn't a bad shake. The committee will try to ship us out West like they usually do. Maybe they will stick 5 Indiana teams in one part of the bracket like they did in 2015?

I cringed real hard the other night when the IU benchturd tripped but managed to dive right into the leg of Vince Edwards which had just come down and planted from a jumpshot. Then follows it up with a body blow to knock down Biggie a minute later. Managed to pick up 4 fouls in 5 minutes and the announcers were coddling the dude's ***** about how many screens he was setting and scoring a couple uncontested baskets because we weren't guarding him.

Also.... Damn Wisky is sucking bad right now!

Last edited by BlackonBlackTA; 03-03-2017 at 08:28 AM.
BlackonBlackTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:41 PM   #25
11 Second Club

Fricken UW-MILWAUKEE playing Northern Kentucky tonight in Detroit for the Horizon League title game. A team they split with during the regular season.
A win would punch their ticket as the worst winning percentage team to enter the "Big Dance" at .342 (12-23).......hilarious........
Old 03-07-2017, 09:26 PM   #26
Teching In

^ Didn't happen. In their first ever season in Division 1, Northern Kentucky qualified for the NCAA Tournament. On the flip side, Northwestern has been in D1 forever and has never made it. They might actually make it this season, though.
4Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:31 AM   #27
TECH Apprentice

Quote:
Fricken UW-MILWAUKEE playing Northern Kentucky tonight in Detroit for the Horizon League title game. A team they split with during the regular season.
A win would punch their ticket as the worst winning percentage team to enter the "Big Dance" at .342 (12-23).......hilarious........
That would have been a travesty, and still is because N Kentucky shouldn't be going either. Those mid-majors need to just send their regular season champ. These conference tourneys are a joke and money grab. And in these conferences that aren't getting 5+ teams in the tourney, it is allowing a team that gets a couple lucky games a chance at something they don't really deserve. Oakland or Valpo should have been their representative.

UW-Milwaukee would have been walked by 50 or 60 by a #1 or #2 seed. Northern Kentucky might only lose by 20 or 30. A team like Valpo, would probably put up a scary first half and then lose by 10 or 15 halfway through the second.

Also why football should be changed to an 8 team. Let the 5 power conferences send their conference champ, and have 3 at large bids.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:11 AM   #28
Launching!

We're doing a huge job at NKU right now. Send them wherever and let them rake in the money. Lol.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:10 PM   #29
Teching In

Kansas got beat by TCU! Conference tournament madness, baby!
Old 03-09-2017, 11:43 PM   #30
10 Second Club

I just want Michigan to do well. I don't really pay attention much during the regular season as college bb is not something I'm big on. Looking forward to the tournament as always though.
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:36 PM   #31
Teching In

The brackets are laid out! Who is your dark horses and Cinderella teams? Who is your Final Four?
Old 03-19-2017, 10:17 PM   #32
Launching!

Go cats!!

9 teams in the tournament for the ACC and 1 team barely makes the sweet 16. Fail of epic proportions.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:05 AM   #33
Launching!

I'm hoping my Gamecocks can continue their current hot streak on offense!
PGUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:27 PM   #34
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGUFF View Post
I'm hoping my Gamecocks can continue their current hot streak on offense!
Frank Martin can flat out coach
Meanwhile the BIG TEN has three of its seven teams still dancing
7-3 as a conference so far in the tourney
Got to see the boilermakers man handle the Catamounts of Vermont here in Milwaukee
Purdue is a complete team to knock out a 29 win squad that hadn't lost since mid December
Old 03-21-2017, 07:56 AM   #35
TECH Apprentice

Quote:
Frank Martin can flat out coach
Meanwhile the BIG TEN has three of its seven teams still dancing
7-3 as a conference so far in the tourney
Got to see the boilermakers man handle the Catamounts of Vermont here in Milwaukee
Purdue is a complete team to knock out a 29 win squad that hadn't lost since mid December
I hated seeing us salt away a 19 point lead to Iowa State, but that team was no slouch either. Seems like this tournament has been one of runs. One team will go on a 10-0 run, then the other team will, and it all gets settled in the last few minutes. Lots of really good games!

Glad to see the Mega-power house ACC doing so well. The B1G Ten is terrible to only get 3 teams to the sweet 16.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:43 AM   #36
Launching!

SEC with 3 teams as well, should have been 4 and 0 ACC teams but UNC got a couple calls and a little bit of luck.

I think if UK can by UCLA in the next round they've got a good shot to go all the way. Going to be a tough one though for sure.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:41 PM   #37
11 Second Club

National Know It Alls are calling the SC gamecocks 7 seed win over #2 Duke the biggest upset of this tournament......LMFAO......
Guess an EIGHT over the number one overall isn't better...hah ha ha
But then I hear; well WI was really an under rated 8 seed, OK perhaps the BIG TEN conference was a bit tougher than most thought, however few if any are picking Bucky to beat the Gators. Florida is playing tough I'll agree to that.
Getting forgotten is the fact that the Badgers have more tournament wins since 2013 than ANY other team in the country. FOUR consecutive sweet sixteens and 2 final fours in the past three years. Now because I've said that I'm sure they'll go out and lose by thirty......
They have experience and the moment won't be too big is all I'm saying !!!
:c orn:
Old 03-24-2017, 09:11 AM   #38
TECH Apprentice

Wow. Last night was tough. We had a good team, but it was very apparent we had nothing close to the athleticism Kansas has. If they continue to play as they have, no one is beating them.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:04 AM   #39
Launching!

Couple of almost upsets last night but they just couldn't quite pull it off. UK plays tonight, damn do they have a tough road to the championship game.

Last edited by sw07gt; 03-24-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:12 PM   #40
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackonBlackTA View Post
Wow. Last night was tough. We had a good team, but it was very apparent we had nothing close to the athleticism Kansas has. If they continue to play as they have, no one is beating them.
Yeah I really thought that interior size of Purdue would give Self's gang some trouble but they have just been blowing up opponents in the second half. NOBODY pounds a Tom Izzo led defense by twenty and; WELL....they did