Computer gurus....what the hell happen to my laptop....pics - LS1TECH

Computer gurus....what the hell happen to my laptop....pics

Old 02-18-2017, 11:55 AM   #1
TECH Senior Member

Default Computer gurus....what the hell happen to my laptop....pics

Working fine......then it would not ever again reach the login/password page when I tried to start it back up. It all looked good during start-up...I would get the DELL symbol then it would go to the screen with the date and time and a cool background picture....when I click for the login/password to pop up.....nothing would happen.

So I turned it off and back about 30 times over a few days.....then today I just left it on all day. Just came home to seeing this stuff on screen.....in order.

I ran the test......then I got picture 2......I closed it out and got the 3rd big blue page.

Then it shut down on its own in about 1 minute. I start it back up....it goes right to that 3rd picture blue screen. Then in about 1 minute it turns off automatically.

Is my Hard Drive history.....

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Computer gurus....what the hell happen to my laptop....pics-img_0027.jpg   Computer gurus....what the hell happen to my laptop....pics-img_0026.jpg   Computer gurus....what the hell happen to my laptop....pics-img_0028.jpg  
LS6427 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:21 PM   #2
Teching In

If there's no possibility that the hard drive became unplugged inside the laptop then your hard drive is likely dead and will need to be replaced. Your pc cant communicate with the hard drive at all and your BIOS doesn't recognize that one is installed.
aappss01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:34 PM   #3
TECH Senior Member

I guess I should try to open it up....but jeez it seems like I need an engineering degree toget into it. I took a bunch of screws out and nothing happens....lol.....It's still tight and just as solid as before I took them out...

Old 02-18-2017, 12:44 PM   #4
Teching In

What make/model is it? I can try to find you a guide to disassembling it.
aappss01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:37 PM   #5
TECH Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aappss01 View Post
What make/model is it? I can try to find you a guide to disassembling it.
It's a cheap company supplied laptop. They already gave me a new one today. But I need to try to get this started to get some saved stuff off it if possible.

Dell Latitude E5440

Thanks....I got it to open. It was taped shut on the inside so I had to peel the back plate off. It was stuck on good, almost don't need screws.

Hard Drive was firmly plugged in. I pulled it out and put it back. It won't spin up.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:37 AM   #6
TECH Regular

Try to borrow an external enclosure or docking station, pull the drive, and access it outside of the laptop. Maybe you'll get lucky and find that it was a power delivery issue from the laptop or something. I use a Thermaltake BlacX, but there are a ton of different ones out there.
Mike00FRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 12:05 PM   #7
TECH Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike00FRC View Post
Try to borrow an external enclosure or docking station, pull the drive, and access it outside of the laptop. Maybe you'll get lucky and find that it was a power delivery issue from the laptop or something. I use a Thermaltake BlacX, but there are a ton of different ones out there.
With the same battery hook ups as this Dell battery. Its like an iphone charger plug end that goes in the phone. But theres 2 separate rows of those contacts. One is an inch long, the other is about 1/2 long.

How much do those things cost?

Old 02-19-2017, 01:37 PM   #8
On The Tree

Brand: Vantec
Model:CB-ISATAU2
Features
The SATA/IDE-USB Adapter gives you the flexibility of connecting almost any type of drive to your computer via USB. SATA 3.5 in. IDE 5.25 in. IDE and 2.5in. IDE drives are all supported and can be easily hot-swapped to your system.
The included external power adapter will allow you to power your drives outside your system giving you the ability to quickly add or swap between drives without opening your case.
The SATA/IDE-USB adapter incorporate 3 interfaces to one USB adapters.
Specifications
Transfer Rates Up to 12Mbps With USB 1.1
Transfer Rates Up to 480Mbps With USB 2.0 .
Easily add storage to any system with USB.
Currently supports up to 2TB.
Supports ATA/ATAPI-7.
Supports LBA-48 Addressing .
Hot-swappable Plug and play without rebooting.

http://www.vantecusa.com/en/product/view_detail/266
RixTrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 06:59 PM   #9
11 Second Club

**** would do it to ya.. Happened to the best of us..
NewOrleansLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:25 PM   #10
TECH Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrleansLT1 View Post
Lol seems like someone got a virtual bullet to their hard drive for messing with some tora activities.
bad_408_vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:13 PM   #11
TECH Senior Member

Quote:
Not this laptop....its a company laptop....its never seen anything that could be bad. Its used for scheduling and emails.....and I come to LS1tech.com and a few other sites.

Password locked too so none of my jackass friends pull up ****.....then my company will see it all when the little IT freaks get it back.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:55 AM   #12
Teching In

Quote:

this happened to my cellphone, then it happened to my brain lol
chrisdiaz288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:35 AM   #13
TECH Junkie

-Ross- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 02:32 PM   #14
TECH Enthusiast

Something like that happened to me, only my system32 partition got corrupted or something like that. My computer wouldn't recognize a working boot-up process, but yours doesn't even seem to recognize a hard drive at all... weird. Anyhow, I did end up fixing my problem, I had to download the core files of Windows 10 (looks like you're on Windows 7 or 10) and burn the .img to a blank DVD and go into the BIOS of the computer to change the boot-up order to CD/DVD drive first, then my computer booted from the CD/DVD drive so that it could "rebuild" the core Windows 10 files on my current hard drive via the recovery program that was on the DVD along with the Windows 10 core files. But with yours not even recognizing that a hard drive is plugged in is a whole different story...

Mine happened when Windows 10 recently came out and an update process didn't go through successfully. It sounds like yours slowly went out, probably not a problem through an unsuccessful update. Since you already unplugged and replugged the hard drive cable and that didn't do anything, I'd assume the hard drive is done for
Corvett z07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 04:27 PM   #15
Launching!

You should have a restart disk or a windows disk. Just follow the instruction and it will reload you system
2ToeRacing is offline   Reply With Quote