Gender Reveal Exhaust Powder - LS1TECH

Gender Reveal Exhaust Powder

Old 02-22-2017, 01:37 PM   #1
Staging Lane

Default Gender Reveal Exhaust Powder

we are wantin to do a gender reveal for our second child.

instead of doing a burnout, we found this idea.

i bought this kit on amazon, but i cant find any instructions or 'how to's' online for how to do this.

Amazon Amazon

so, has anybody here ever done this? how much powder? how far down the pipe does it need to go? whats he best way to get the powder into the pipes?

please help!!!
i'm sofa king is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:21 PM   #2
Village Troll

I think it would be cooler to put that in a box with a little bit of tannerite.
SS RRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:21 PM   #3
TECH Fanatic

For sale, new challenger, minor pink dust issue in the exhaust, all offers considered...

Congrats!
themealonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:04 PM   #4
Launching!

Just dump it straight into the intake

(Just kidding; please don't do that!)
Nickster 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:18 AM   #5
Teching In

...i am new to this "tradition". is...is this something you do now, then the baby shower, then the bring baby home gathering? having a kid is a 3 step family process now? inventive i guess but id be the one on the driveway wondering what this has to do with your car. like i told my brother, i need to know as soon as possible boy or girl. i have **** to plan for and if i buy the wrong stuff your gonna be returning it.

i realize i may be coming off cynical. but im just generally confused.
TheUrbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #6
Staging Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUrbz View Post
...i am new to this "tradition". is...is this something you do now, then the baby shower, then the bring baby home gathering? having a kid is a 3 step family process now? inventive i guess but id be the one on the driveway wondering what this has to do with your car. like i told my brother, i need to know as soon as possible boy or girl. i have **** to plan for and if i buy the wrong stuff your gonna be returning it.

the gender reveals are a fairly new thing, we had our first child 9 years ago, and all we did was show the ultrasound picture to the family.

now everybody does these gender reveal cakes and balloons, i've even seen some done with the tanerite and the colored powder.

i just need to get some advise for somebody who has done this. i cant find any info on the web about how to pull this off.

i found 1 little tib bit about spooning it into the pipes, then blowing or using a blow dryer to blow it just a little bit into the pipe. then as soon as it fires up, you get a big cloud of colored 'smoke'.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:33 PM   #7
TECH Fanatic

Quote:

Yes, unfortunately this is becoming common. And I'm with you, it's silly.

Now we have "car guys" participating in this? It's one thing to have your wife and friends do this. But the men actively participating? Grow a damn pair.
Marc 85Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:14 PM   #8
Teching In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28 View Post

Now we have "car guys" participating in this? It's one thing to have your wife and friends do this. But the men actively participating? Grow a damn pair.
I see where youre coming from, i kinda agree, but its not quite what i was getting at. Yes its silly but whats fun/not fun is subjective. These actions seems more...fickle. You shouldnt count your chickens before they hatch, and thats sorta literal/figurative in this sense.

In the stereotype relating to men and child bearing, every dude wants a boy. They want a boy to carry on the name, pass the torch, show them how to be a man. You imagine that everything you like to do now, you are going to teach your little man to do it better than you can. Then your boy is born. And you come to find out boys are absolutely ******* disgusting. Jesus the crap they will do/get into holy god.

No man wants a girl. Aw hell now you have to buy pink stuff, play with dolls, play dress up. What the hell you gonna do when shes old enough to start having womanly issues. Aint no man prepared for dat. Then your girl is born. And immediately you get filled with hollow unfocused rage. Not at the fact that you have a girl, but at the fact you have the sweetest thing in all of creation in your arms and you can only imagine the dante levels of hell you will unleash upon the poor unfortunate bastard that even looks at her wrong, and that stays with you while you enjoy your sunday off watchin the race as she paints your toenails a wonderful rainbow assortment.

But before you get to both of those levels of heaven/hell, theres the 9 months of purgatory. In that time you think of everything that could go wrong. What if your a carrier for MS? Man i hope my anthrax shots dont screw this up cause ive heard stories. Of course there ZIKA now, why wouldnt there be? What the **** causes autism, and how do i not do that? Over and over you mull this in your head. From the probable to the outrageous. "There is no terror in the 'bang' only in the anticipation of it".

To celebrate the fact that your kid has an "innie or outie" only 4 months in, is on a level of optimism i wish i could imitate at times. But for me and what ive seen, i just want a kid born with everything that they are supposed to have, and together enough in the head to function. Because anything less, and you begin to question the validity of a higher power and if you even care to wake up anymore.

Last edited by TheUrbz; 02-27-2017 at 03:36 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:11 PM   #9
Douchebag On The Tree

^ haha, not at all. I wanted a girl with my first and that's what I got. No rage. Periods are normal. Tampons aren't scary. No shotgun or overbearing father issues necessary.
justin455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:03 PM   #10
Teching In

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin455 View Post
^ haha, not at all. I wanted a girl with my first and that's what I got. No rage. Periods are normal. Tampons aren't scary. No shotgun or overbearing father issues necessary.
See the word "stereotype".
Old 02-27-2017, 10:49 PM   #11
Douchebag On The Tree

Quote:
See the word "stereotype".
I did. They don't come from thin air.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:13 AM   #12
Teching In

Quote:
I did. They don't come from thin air.
...what?
Thats exactly where they come from. The hell you on about?
Old 02-28-2017, 10:59 AM   #13
TECH Junkie

Quote:

Oh, man. You must be a real bad ***.

God forbid a man take interest in the celebration of his soon to be born child.
-Ross- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:34 AM   #14
Staging Lane

wow, that went to a whole different place.

thanks for the good responses and the laughs.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:48 AM   #15
On The Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ross-

God forbid a man take interest in the celebration of his soon to be born child.
Pshhh, I'll be in the garage watching **** on surround sound with the garage door open, let me know when that damn kid pops out so it can get me a beer. And if it ain't comin' out with a can of skoal (original long cut, not that flavored **** made for pussies) and a Z28 forearm tattoo it ain't welcome in MY house.
'WHEELS' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 12:11 PM   #16
TECH Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'WHEELS' View Post
Pshhh, I'll be in the garage watching **** on surround sound with the garage door open, let me know when that damn kid pops out so it can get me a beer. And if it ain't comin' out with a can of skoal (original long cut, not that flavored **** made for pussies) and a Z28 forearm tattoo it ain't welcome in MY house.

And the old lady better not think, for one damn minute, she's leaving the house without that kid, because I ain't changin' no motherfuckin' diaper.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:55 PM   #17
Douchebag On The Tree

Quote:
...what?
Thats exactly where they come from. The hell you on about?
Stereotypes...now completely made up!
Old 03-01-2017, 07:17 AM   #18
Teching In

Quote:
Stereotypes...now completely made up!
yea, they basically are, or can be. Asians like to wear collared shirts. if a latino is grabbed hard enough, he will begin to speek italian. Black people have telepathy. you cant tell me none of those are not true, but because you haven't heard them repeated over and over they are automatically false. What you said is absolutely true. its unnecessary and tampons arent scary. im on the same boat with ya bud having a little girl myself.

BUT you are right, the stereotypes I used were not from thin air. i dont know where i was but apparently i read that like it wasn't related to my post, my apologies homie.

my lengthy diatribe was basically about how it is abhorrently shortsighted , again my opinion, to celebrate something you dont have yet, and focusing on the wrong thing to celebrate about in the first place...with a car.

i just did it in a lengthy, over explained novel of a post...i get a few beers in and i think i have to write like im preparing a thesis. my bad on that.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:58 AM   #19
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ross- View Post
Not at all.

I understand: I've hurt your feelings. Your precious, little, pretty in pink feelings.
Marc 85Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:25 AM   #20
TECH Junkie

Quote:
Not at all.

I understand: I've hurt your feelings. Your precious, little, pretty in pink feelings.
It's okay, man. We get it. You have inner feelings you're not quite comfortable with. "It's okay to be gay."