Go Back   LS1TECH > WEBSITE ACTIVITY FORUMS > Racer's Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 10-25-2005, 04:54 PM   #1
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0
Send a message via AIM to Schwindj
Default Spoiled Rich Kids and their cars

I am really getting fed up with the spoiled rich kids lately. I went to one of the richest public schools in houston, I was on the proverbial "other side of the tracks(or freeway for that matter) and had my 91 jeep. Every kid there had a BMW, Escalade, Denali, Mercedes or new Tahoe, amazing cars that their parents bought for them. Yet no matter how blessed or fortunate these kids were to have received these cars they never took care of them. Now that I am at Tech, I keep seeing kids in M3s and Corvettes that treat these cars like ****, never washing running into stuff and never getting it fixed, never having the oil changed, etc. I just cant stand spoiled kids who treat these awesome cars like pieces of ****, which they quickly become when poorly cared for. If you dont want the car, give it to me damn it. UGHHH!!! Anyone else feel this way?
Sorry for the rant just had to vent.
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGEN411
P.S. Screw Ferrari. I'd rather have a Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabhartLS1
Most girls lack the ability to make logical decisions on their own.
Schwindj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:11 PM   #2
12 Second Club
1998 Pontiac Firebird

Trader Rating: 7

agreeded , but just sit back and watch them total out daddy's lexus , and we'll see who wins...
Old 10-25-2005, 05:12 PM   #3
TECH Junkie
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 6
Send a message via AIM to Luna

its ok with me, less ******** on the road

1998 Firebird Formula Hardtop
2004 Mazda 3s
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d7...a/5035de68.jpg
Ported TB | Lid | Bellows | LTs |TSP TDs w/ Moroso Spiral Flows | LS6 Manifold | Tune in progress | Black ZR1's / 315 Nitto DR's | LS7 Clutch | Quicktime Bellhousing | Pro 5.0 | Pistol Grip | 6SPD Swap!
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:13 PM   #4
Coach Purse Queen
Garage is empty, add now

It's the same for more than just cars.

It is normal that something we are 'given' we take less care for than those that we 'work' for. Majority of the time we save our money and buy something we take better care of it than that which we got from our parents or such.

>>-ArrowSS-->
ARROWSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:18 PM   #5
Launching!
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 1

Quote:
It is normal that something we are 'given' we take less care for than those that we 'work' for.
Can't disagree more. I was given a lot growing up, and I generally took care of my stuff.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:21 PM   #6
BMW ///M Nerd
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 5

If I was rich, I'd buy my kids whatever car they wanted.

If I was rich, I'd buy whatever ever car I wanted. I'd go down the the BMW dealership and buy an brand new M5, then crash it into a brand new M3 on the lot to test out the supplemental restraint system

Who cares what other people do with their money? Yeah it sucks for us, who aren't fortunate enough to be wealthy. But what the hell, I'd be the same way if I was rich. And no strangers would get a damn thing.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:22 PM   #7
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via Yahoo to FLeXNuTZ

Me too. In general though, people don't appreciate what they're given.
FLeXNuTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:32 PM   #8
12 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now

I hate the ones who talk **** about their cars that they didn't even buy. It doesn't mean **** unless you worked and paid for it yourself. Spoiled bitches are even worse!
akZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:35 PM   #9
12 Second Club
1998 Pontiac Firebird

ahh come on , you cant just give your kids anything, itll teach them that they dont have to work for anything, if they worked for what they had, they wouldnt be out messing it up , and yes there are the exceptions, and to be quite honest i didnt get anything i wanted growing up and it took me a while to make myself un-bratty , so it works both ways , but i think its alot funnier to see a rich kid wrap his caddy around a tree than a broke kid get a blow out on his 95 jimmy and flip into a ditch
Old 10-25-2005, 05:37 PM   #10
TECH Fanatic
2002 Pontiac Trans Am

Trader Rating: 2
Send a message via AIM to Pipelayaz

Yeah thats pretty shi++y. I earned and worked hard for what I have. I'm thankful and I don't blame people who had their parents buy their first car. A lot of parents do that. But not to take care of a nice ride really irritates me. My car was neglected by the first owner... the second owner couldn't take care of it so now I have it which I think is the best thing that has happened to my car. It makes me mad I don't have a daily driver yet....but I know I will sometime soon. Some people just don't look at cars the way we do I guess.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:42 PM   #11
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake
Can't disagree more. I was given a lot growing up, and I generally took care of my stuff.
I agree, my dad bought me my truck, but I still take good care of it (and I'm paying for it right now). My dad also said I should stop working so much, because he will just buy a turbo for me. But I would much rather earn it myself, so I hope to get it sometime summer 07 (I've allready been waiting for about 2 months, got a long way to go). LOL, there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about getting a turbo.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:42 PM   #12
TECH Junkie
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 5.7

for the most part, rich kids have no respect for either people or material possesions.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:44 PM   #13
TECH Addict
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 2
Send a message via MSN to 2K2WS6TA

Knew way too many of them in HS (many years ago) it was pretty sad the way they treated their stuff, but having been back for a 20 yr class reunion, you'd be surprised at the change in most of them, now that they have to buy their own stuff
2K2WS6TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:52 PM   #14
Launching!
Garage is empty, add now

Personally, I hope I make enough where I can buy my kids most anything they want, within reason (wife too). This business about "don't appreciate it if they don't work for it" is generally BS, if you raise them to have the right attitude (and marry the right girl, for the wife part).

My parents are funny (especally my father). When I left their house this weekend, my father slipped $30 cash into my billfold. If I want to buy a meal when I'm out with them, I have to be quick about it, and even then sometimes he manages to get past me to pay first somehow.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:56 PM   #15
TECH Junkie
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 6
Send a message via AIM to Luna

There is a big difference between parents that buy their kids brand new Dodge Neons or Honda Civics and those that buy their kids brand new BMWs or Audis, My first car was a POS Oldsmobile with dry rotted tires that belonged to my father. He didnt drive it but he made it very clear that it is HIS car. Because of that I respected the car and learned to take care of my things better.

1998 Firebird Formula Hardtop
2004 Mazda 3s
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d7...a/5035de68.jpg
Ported TB | Lid | Bellows | LTs |TSP TDs w/ Moroso Spiral Flows | LS6 Manifold | Tune in progress | Black ZR1's / 315 Nitto DR's | LS7 Clutch | Quicktime Bellhousing | Pro 5.0 | Pistol Grip | 6SPD Swap!
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:26 PM   #16
TECH Regular
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna
There is a big difference between parents that buy their kids brand new Dodge Neons or Honda Civics and those that buy their kids brand new BMWs or Audis, My first car was a POS Oldsmobile with dry rotted tires that belonged to my father. He didnt drive it but he made it very clear that it is HIS car. Because of that I respected the car and learned to take care of my things better.

**** getting a brand new car when you are 16 no matter what it is, is still crazy. i hate civics but back in high school if i got a new civic i wouldn't know what to do with myself. my car leaked on my leg in the rain, and half the time the heat didn't work, had to rap the fuse in aluminum foil to get it to work sometimes. whoever rebuilt the motor put the wrong size bolts in the crank and it leaked oil to the point to where i was putting a quart in it every day. the exhaust manifold broke in half. it was a 68 mustang coupe w/ a straight 6. the slowest car on earth i might add. but it looked pimp and it was 600 bucks. i don't know where i wad going with that........
borlamouth, slp lid, free ramair, tsp ory, ceramic pacesetter lt's(race style), msd wires, ac delco iridium plugs, hypertech 160 t-stat. tbody bypass, !air. polished 18" Z06'S eibach prokit.... bmr weld in sfc's waiting to be put in, bmr lca's, relocation brackets, panhard rod & hotchkis stb soon.
2005 BLACK SILVERADO LS 4X4 CREW CAB. gloss black bowtie. lift,wheels soon...
stangkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:39 PM   #17
Contrarian™
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 24

[RANTON] I think the kids you are talking about is the majority of rich kids. I went to a school where alot of the kids came from "well-off" families, myself included. We were the exception, those kids were some of the coolest laid back guys/girls i've met. Given alot of the private school kids are very stuck up w/their rovers on 22's etc. Now i didn't have the nicest car in HS, but i had the TA while i was there, and it wasnt new. I didnt brag about it or treat it like crap, i clean it and keep up with my maintenence like its a ritual. Yes my dad bought my car and paid my insurance, but everything else i have worked for and paid for, i started a small mowing company, on my own with my money, to pay for my hobby. Please dont think im trying to brag, im not, im just tired of being apart of a stereotype i dont belong too. My dad works his butt off, and has become quite successful, and his only motivation is to support his wife and 6 kids, so if he wants to treat them because of his legitimate work thats his business. [/RANTOFF]
'Trust' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 07:02 PM   #18
BMW ///M Nerd
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 5

Like I said before... Why does everyone get into other peoples business so much? I'm not trying to be a dick to anyone here either. Just wondering? It's their money, and their family, can they not buy what they want?

Of course most of the kids aren't going to take care of it? They did nothing but sit around all day and enjoy the wealthiness around them? Who wouldn't they are young, and don't understand how things work. They will one day. Maybe they won't? But that sure would be the life, wouldn't it?

And obviously not every kid turns out that way. 98NBM_TA for example.

What the hells the big deal. Not everyone in the world is going to be rich. It sucks, but it's true.

All I know, is that I'd flaunt it all day long. And do stupid, pointless ****, because I could. I'd buy that TA/Camaro off you, that you put so much work into... And smack it right into a tree in front of your house. Just because I could. Money is everything, some of us just dont have it.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:19 PM   #19
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via Yahoo to jake b.(killer quad)

All I know is I'm a spoiled poor kid and I still have my toys! I paid for them and I trash the hell of of them all! I can I paid for it! I want my fun! Till the bill collector comes a knocken! No money ha ya dont need money just credit !!!!!!
05 IHRA Div. 5 Street Race of Champs and Street finals runner up.
www.killerquad4.com
jake b.(killer quad) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 02:51 PM   #20
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Nope, doesn't bother me a bit. What do I care what other people do with a piece of machinery I have nothing to do with?

I know what I've got. I've earned what I've got, and I take care of what I've got. I really don't give a **** what other people do with what they've got, whether they earned it or not. Life's too short to be wasting any of it bitching about how somebody else lives their lives. As long as they're not in my way, I just don't give a ****.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:51 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
blessed, car, cars, college, difference, driving, escalade, kid, kids, kidsdrive, race, rich, spoiled, teenager, teenagers