Go Back   LS1TECH > WEBSITE ACTIVITY FORUMS > Racer's Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register iTraderTimeslips Photos Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Used CarsVendor Directory
Search

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 10-13-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0
Default is there anyway i can get help paying a hospital bill

well i had a seizure the other day, the people with me said it lasted for almost 3 minutes. they called an ambulance when it happened sunday and i was in the hospital until yesterday evening. i have no insurance no job no source of income or anything. is there anyone that could help me pay the bill like social security, and how would i go about it? thanks

lets see your ls1 pull *** like this and then have it clean your car
93sspcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Well, it's good to know that you are O.K. You can actually make payments to the hospital (doesn't matter if it's $1 a month) as long as you are paying SOMETHING, they really can't do anything to you. See if you can set up a payment plan with them. I'm not sure if there is anything out there that will help you get it paid off though. Good luck.
Fasttoys 85mm Lid, Fasttoys ram air, Pacesetter lt's, Custom x-pipe no cats, SY3500 (restalled to 3800), RapTR cam 236/242 617/613 111, Patriot Extreme springs w/titanium retainers, Ls7 lifters, 7.425 pushrods, Comp double roller timing chain, relocation brackets, lca's (That about sums it up)
KevinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
TECH Senior Member
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 4

that bill is negotiable. call billing as soon as you get it and explain your situation.

415/391 MD.
more stuff coming soon!

QS m6 05 GTO. LPE CAI, magnaflow catback. ported 243s, ls3 cam. tune. 345/340 stock manifolds.MD. its for sale.
ULTIMATEORANGESS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:16 PM   #4
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 1

Call billing. They can setup a payment plan based on your income. My g/f has insurance, and we had to go that route due to having zero savings (we do have savings now). The hospital will be happy to set you up on a payment plan, as long as they are getting their money.
Z Fury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:25 PM   #5
TECH Veteran
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 11

Definitely call the hospital. If you just do nothing they will turn it over to collections and your credit will be fucked.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:29 PM   #6
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 24

I would imagine you will be getting bills that total between 5-10 grand.

You will be getting numorous bills, for the ambulance, hospital room, doctors etc...when they stop coming, you should go to the hospital with your w-2 if you have one from last year, and they will figure out the % you have to pay based on your income...if you really had absolutly 0 income, you might not have to pay much if anything at all....unless you live with 1 or more person that has substantial income, then you will be in trouble.
2000 M6 SS #4050
OFI
Midwest
UMI
AES

2001 ///M3
stock
Subliminal Hit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #7
Launching!
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 2

call the hospital and talk to them. and ask them about the hospitals charity for problems just like this. i had over $100,000 after being burnt very bad. and the hospital helped me out ALOT. the whole only have to send a $1 is bullshit!!!! don't listen to that guy been there done that. i had surgery last year and owed $6500 i told them i could only afford $100 a month they send thats not good enough. thats all i could do. and i sent them $100 on the first of every month. sure enough i got a letter from a lawyer that my bill was sent to collections!!!!
overhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:26 PM   #8
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now

i was doing some research on this myself... i made two trips to the hospital in one day, you HAVE to take care of this now... i dont mean pay them in full but like everyone is saying talk to the billing department. i made the mistake of putting it off til tomorrow.. tomorrow... tomorrow... tomorrow.... HUGE mistake, best of luck and good health to you
Old 10-14-2010, 12:36 AM   #9
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

i done know i cant pay whatever i want each month. my girlfriend and a few others think medicaid or medicare is the way to go. i'm trying to get my unemployment right now from where i lost my job, if i cant get it then i'll try to get short term disability. if i had it my way i wouldnt even have went to hospital. they did numerous tests on me and couldnt figure out the cause. i bet the bill will cost around 20k or better.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:14 AM   #10
TECH Enthusiast
2001 Chevrolet Camaro

Send a message via Yahoo to obseSSed

medicaid/medicare isn't going to cover previous medical bills.

Payment arrangements through the hospital are your best option.

Is this the 1st seizure you've ever had? What were you doing when it happened? Do you remember anything leading up to it i.e. what you felt like, any strange sensations that you can remember? I'm not trying to be an *** but, do you do any sort of illegal drugs? Alcohol use/abuse?

Going forward, I would suggest getting on medicare/medicaid or finding a janky job that pays a little something until you can get something better, to help make the payments to the hospital.
2001 Onyx Black Camaro SS #2052 [race.car.]
obseSSed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:52 AM   #11
TECH Regular
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
My Garage

Send a message via AIM to AnnivSS

Yeah unless you are medically unable to work theres no real reason to have no job at all. Go sweep floors or something until you find something better. Most collections departments dont see unemployment as an unfortunate incident but as someone just being lazy so they arent going to do you any favors.

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution SE

RESIDENT IGNORANT RICER
392whp/421ftlbs (Mustang Dyno) 2.0L Stock Turbo E85
AnnivSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #12
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by obseSSed View Post
medicaid/medicare isn't going to cover previous medical bills.

Payment arrangements through the hospital are your best option.

Is this the 1st seizure you've ever had? What were you doing when it happened? Do you remember anything leading up to it i.e. what you felt like, any strange sensations that you can remember? I'm not trying to be an *** but, do you do any sort of illegal drugs? Alcohol use/abuse?

Going forward, I would suggest getting on medicare/medicaid or finding a janky job that pays a little something until you can get something better, to help make the payments to the hospital.
i dont do any drugs and dont drink. i never knew it was going to happen, the people i was with said i was talking to them prior to it happening but i cant remember any of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnivSS View Post
Yeah unless you are medically unable to work theres no real reason to have no job at all. Go sweep floors or something until you find something better. Most collections departments dont see unemployment as an unfortunate incident but as someone just being lazy so they arent going to do you any favors.
i never said or implyed i was lazy, i held my job for 3 years when i got canned for the machine having mechanicle problems, my shift leader said it was not my fault, the next day i come in my dept leader called me in his office susspended me and said he would call me in 5 days to let me know his decision, and he fired me over the phone. so i was wrongfully terminated and i filed an apeal for my unemployment claim. and the doctor said i cant work around machinery be on hights, cant drive, for atleast 6 months. there is alot of stuff he told me not to do. the doctor still dont know what caused my seizure, cause i had no signs or anything. they did all kinds of tests and nothing came back wrong.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:33 PM   #13
TECH Enthusiast
2001 Chevrolet Camaro

Send a message via Yahoo to obseSSed

Things that can contribute to seizures:
-Lack of Sleep/Unusual sleeping patterns
- High Stress Levels/Severe Fluctuations in Stress Level (losing your job)
- High consumption of alcohol or liquor (you may not want to publicly admit it, but please evaluate your alcohol consumption history)
-Previous/current use of illegal drugs
- Unusual diets/eating patterns

Sometimes doctors overlook things like this....they're more concerned with lab values, neuro checks, CT/MRIs, etc.

If you notice that your partake in any of the above, I would suggest changing your lifestyle in order to prevent subsequent seizures.

As far as your original topic, your best bet is to try to setup payment arrangements and then apply for medicare/medicaid [orrrrrrrr just get a job with health insurance...] Blue Cross/Blue Shield 80/20 with a $1000 deductible for me was $161/month. It's always higher for women than men. Price is dependent upon age and past medical history.
2001 Onyx Black Camaro SS #2052 [race.car.]
obseSSed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:16 PM   #14
TECH Regular
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
My Garage

Send a message via AIM to AnnivSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93sspcoupe View Post
i never said or implyed i was lazy, i held my job for 3 years when i got canned for the machine having mechanicle problems, my shift leader said it was not my fault, the next day i come in my dept leader called me in his office susspended me and said he would call me in 5 days to let me know his decision, and he fired me over the phone. so i was wrongfully terminated and i filed an apeal for my unemployment claim. and the doctor said i cant work around machinery be on hights, cant drive, for atleast 6 months. there is alot of stuff he told me not to do. the doctor still dont know what caused my seizure, cause i had no signs or anything. they did all kinds of tests and nothing came back wrong.

I never implied it either, I said thats what collections is going to see it as. And sounds like you are medically unable to work. Which is a whole nother ball of wax.

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution SE

RESIDENT IGNORANT RICER
392whp/421ftlbs (Mustang Dyno) 2.0L Stock Turbo E85
AnnivSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #15
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by obseSSed View Post
Things that can contribute to seizures:
-Lack of Sleep/Unusual sleeping patterns
- High Stress Levels/Severe Fluctuations in Stress Level (losing your job)
- High consumption of alcohol or liquor (you may not want to publicly admit it, but please evaluate your alcohol consumption history)
-Previous/current use of illegal drugs
- Unusual diets/eating patterns
I have all of these, except the drug part. My eating isn't too horrible.
Fasttoys 85mm Lid, Fasttoys ram air, Pacesetter lt's, Custom x-pipe no cats, SY3500 (restalled to 3800), RapTR cam 236/242 617/613 111, Patriot Extreme springs w/titanium retainers, Ls7 lifters, 7.425 pushrods, Comp double roller timing chain, relocation brackets, lca's (That about sums it up)
KevinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:21 PM   #16
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 1

You can file for financial aid through the hospital. I did that and they cleared the 5500 dollars my insurance didnt cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPD Vette84 View Post
I could care less what people think since its my car not theirs.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:50 AM   #17
TECH Addict
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 3

is it too late to pretend to be an illegal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVESS02 View Post
Obviously, somethings not right there. Is the supercharger set to suck instead of blow?
z_speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:01 PM   #18
TECH Fanatic
1997 Pontiac Trans Am

Trader Rating: 9

I broke my arm this past year and had to go to the hospital as a student w/o insurance or any savings. I just talked to the office about it and they worked with me to get almost all of it paid for by donations. They will work with you
I8ASaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #19
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

thanks guys. i'm gonna see what will happen.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #20
12 Second Club
1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Trader Rating: 4
Send a message via AIM to Joshiedoom

My father got struck by lightning and spent a while in the hospital and had heart surgury right after that with pacemaker etc installed, didnt have insurance at the time but the hospital/disability(when he got it) did help out. Had over 200k in bills that was knocked down to a few hundred dollars.

1998 Pontiac Trans Am -12.9 at 106-1.92 60'-176k Original Driveline,UMI Suspension, LTs,LS6,TSP TDs,
Joshiedoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:02 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
bill, blue, collections, cross, debt, garnished, hospital, job, medical, need, oklahoma, pay, people, shield, wages