Go Back   LS1TECH > WEBSITE ACTIVITY FORUMS > Racer's Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register iTraderTimeslips Photos Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Used CarsVendor Directory
Search

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 11-14-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0
Default Redwing boots lifetime warranty?

Do Redwing boots have a lifetime warranty? Many say they do but the store I got mine from said they don't have a lifetime warranty. I'm getting conflicting info from websites. Does anybody know? That's the only reason I bought these boots.
703 CAMAROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now

I bought some redwing work boots through a Chet shoe store years ago. Maybe 6 months later, the boots were destroyed. I took it into Chet's and they wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. All they could do is send me to someone that repair's shoes/boots (if it was repairable) or they could, "sell me a new pair of boots". I guess I was supposed to apply some type of oil/wax to the outside to prevent the premature wear of oil/antifreeze and such from destroying the leather. The salesman at the time failed to mention that to me at the time of purchase.

Prior to buying them, I also heard about their lifetime warranties and that they, "stand behind their products", that was not the case for me... twice. IMO, they are very overpriced, and I will never buy them again. If a company supplies them for you, great, but its not coming out of my pocket. Hopefully that answered your question?
Bjorn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:26 PM   #3
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

So I guess they don't lol. I completely destroyed my old work boots in a year from working in a garage. Il just have to take mine back then... I think Dr. Martens have a lifetime warranty.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:04 PM   #4
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now

I've always thought that doc martens were more of a classy/casual/dress up type of shoe? One thing I learned about buying super expensive boots for work (which your company should supply you with anyway) is to just go to like walmart or something and find a cheap pair of boots or even shoes that has the slip resistance feature on them for shop environments for like $50, instead of redwings $150+. The water proof feature is handy in the winter months when you standing in 3 inches of water, but once the boot gets a hole in it, its done.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:34 PM   #5
TECH Regular
Garage is empty, add now

Only certain boots get the full lifetime waranty, other ones only get lifetime cleanings and laces.
2006 Chevy HHR 2LT
Nick's WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:06 AM   #6
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Damn... Maybe Il just wear them and see how long they last. Dr. Martens has workboots as well part of their lifetime collection. They will replace them for life if there's any defects from usual wear.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #7
TECH Junkie
Garage is empty, add now

I use to wear Redwings till they got worn out then I tried to see about the Lifetime Warranty thing and found out the same thing Nick's WS6 said and what do you know? The ones I have doesn't fall under the Lifetime Warranty so I just went and bought me another pair of boots from Double H.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:38 AM   #8
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 7

I daily them in the office because I love the fit....I have however burned through the tread quicker than I'd like (2 years or so). Other than that, the boot itself if the best I've had the privelege of wearing.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #9
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 6

Love my Redwings. Been wearing them for 10 years working in the trades (so I'm very hard on them) wearing them virtually every day besides weekends and gone through 2 pair. First pair I wore a hole through the sole. Don't know what you guys are doing to go through them so quick.
2002 SOM Trans Am WS6 M6#3 of 303 SOM WS6's built with M6. ASC #690. 1 Owner car.
Converted 6/13/01, Taupe, Hurst, TCS, LOB. 13.3 @ 107 (2.1 60') bone stock...

2.5 LS6 heads/ Torquer V3/ FAST 92 Ported/ Kooks TD's/ 9" 3.90's 461/406 Mustang dyno
BrntWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #10
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now

As for the person that says go to walmart for your boots. . . Have you ever worn a decent pair of boots? I used to wear walmart boots back when I was a welder, they would last me about 4 or 5 months and then they would be completely worn out. After going through about 3 or 4 pairs of boots I said screw it and went to Sportsman’s warehouse and purchased a pair of Caterpillar boots. Best boots I ever had, lasted me 5x as long as the cheap wallmart boots.
Max78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:57 PM   #11
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 3

It seems like I wear my boots out fairly quickly. 9 months seems to be all I get, a warranty would be something cool, really can't see any companies keep replacing boots year after year. Last 2 pairs were Columbia, and my current pair are redheads. The pair of boots that actually lasted me the longest came from American Eagle, as hard as that is to believe.

Seems like the Walmart boots I can never get comfortable in, even with inserts. Might have to try redwings next time.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:00 PM   #12
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 4

you can get them re-soled for about 50 bucks.
98 WS6, LS6 Intake, TB Bypass, iAIR, iEGR, Lid, Comp 228/232,Pacesetter LT's, Off-road Y, Walbro FP, Melling OP, LS2 Timing Chain, 243 LS2 Heads,NGK Plugs, LS7 Lifters. Poly Motor Mounts. Yank SS3200, Performabuilt Level 2 4l60e.
mike171562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #13
TECH Senior Member
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 86

My Wolverine Durashocks have held up great. Why would you look for lifetime warranty on a shoe? Doesn't that seem like BS right from the get-go?

01 SS Rally Red A4 #4987, 04 Yukon XL Denali, 99 Cadillac STS-SOLD
01ssreda4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #14
11 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max78 View Post
As for the person that says go to walmart for your boots. . . Have you ever worn a decent pair of boots? ... I said screw it and went to Sportsmanís warehouse and purchased a pair of Caterpillar boots. Best boots I ever had, lasted me 5x as long as the cheap wallmart boots.
I bought a pair of Caterpillar boots from WalMart...can't remember how much they were but I know it was under $90 or so.

71 Chevelle: LS1, EPS 230/238 113+2, 799s, FAST 90/90, LTs, UD pulley, 4l60e Yank SS3600, 3.42 12 bolt

99 Silverado: 5.3, 2.5" duals, CAI, ported TB, servo, tune, 2" rear drop
thunderstruck507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:51 PM   #15
Banned
2001 Pontiac Trans Am

Trader Rating: 2

I'm done with redwings too. I've had 2 pairs in the last year. The first pair I bought of my grandfather in law, so i couldnt warranty them. this last pair they said take them back to where I bought them or mail them in and they will see what they can do. wtf am I supposed to wear in the mean time? F-redwing boots.
71novaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:18 PM   #16
10 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01ssreda4 View Post
My Wolverine Durashocks have held up great. Why would you look for lifetime warranty on a shoe? Doesn't that seem like BS right from the get-go?
Hell yea dude. Iv had my steel toe wolverines for a few years on commercial construction sites. Got cuts in the steel toes but thats from kicking ductwork And yea, a lifetime warranty on work boots sounds kinda silly to me

Pewter-01-SS-A4
TEA ls6 stage 2 62cc~Comp 228/232 112~Fast 92mm Intake~NW 92mm TB~SLP Smooth Bellow~GM 85mm MAF~FTP 98mm Lid~K&N Filter~SSRA~ARH LTS & ORY~Borla CB~Powerbond 25% Balancer~160 T Stat~Yank SS3600~Motive 3.73~MT DRs~MWC Bumper Supports~Tuned
429/392 Mustang dyno
10.990@123.58 1.584
senicalj4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:21 PM   #17
10 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now

Wait do I understand what you guys are saying? Your saying f redwing boots because they dont have a lifetime warranty on their work boots?

Pewter-01-SS-A4
TEA ls6 stage 2 62cc~Comp 228/232 112~Fast 92mm Intake~NW 92mm TB~SLP Smooth Bellow~GM 85mm MAF~FTP 98mm Lid~K&N Filter~SSRA~ARH LTS & ORY~Borla CB~Powerbond 25% Balancer~160 T Stat~Yank SS3600~Motive 3.73~MT DRs~MWC Bumper Supports~Tuned
429/392 Mustang dyno
10.990@123.58 1.584
Old 11-16-2011, 08:33 PM   #18
TECH Junkie
Garage is empty, add now

I'd like to know this... What Redwing boots are y'all talking about? The one's I had were there loggers. Only boots I will wear really.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:57 PM   #19
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrntWS6 View Post
Love my Redwings. Been wearing them for 10 years working in the trades (so I'm very hard on them) wearing them virtually every day besides weekends and gone through 2 pair. First pair I wore a hole through the sole. Don't know what you guys are doing to go through them so quick.
I guess you could consider the shop I used to work at was "severe conditions."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max78 View Post
As for the person that says go to walmart for your boots. . . Have you ever worn a decent pair of boots? I used to wear walmart boots back when I was a welder, they would last me about 4 or 5 months and then they would be completely worn out. After going through about 3 or 4 pairs of boots I said screw it and went to Sportsman’s warehouse and purchased a pair of Caterpillar boots. Best boots I ever had, lasted me 5x as long as the cheap wallmart boots.
Well, I THOUGHT redwings were a decent/above average/high quality pair of boots, apparently the environment I worked in was too severe for them. Even though they had a, "puncture resistant", feature. The funniest part, a co-worker that was walking around with $20 payless shoes lasted longer than my redwings. Yea he was sliding around everywhere, but i would rather slide for $20 than slide for $150 when they get worn out in less than a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71novaguy View Post
I'm done with redwings too. I've had 2 pairs in the last year. The first pair I bought of my grandfather in law, so i couldnt warranty them. this last pair they said take them back to where I bought them or mail them in and they will see what they can do. wtf am I supposed to wear in the mean time? F-redwing boots.
no kidding, I was wondering that same thing. I think they told me about 5 business days to repair it. I guess you are supposed to work with your street shoes (some companies wouldn't allow that for safety purposes) or barefoot until then. Either way, it's not their problem, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senicalj4579 View Post
Wait do I understand what you guys are saying? Your saying f redwing boots because they dont have a lifetime warranty on their work boots?
No, I'm saying **** redwing boots because they dont live up to their standards for being $150+. They worked awesome at the start, but they slowly just got torn up (for being puncture resistant) and once that happens, the main feature that i bought it for (water proof) no longer applies. Hell, the slip resistant feature was a joke too. Obviously you are not going to have traction standing in huge puddle of oil, but I was sliding around just walking over soap and such from cleaning the bays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9 View Post
I'd like to know this... What Redwing boots are y'all talking about? The one's I had were there loggers. Only boots I will wear really.
I don't know what the model number of the boots (I think they were caterpillars though) were that I had, since I tossed them out, but it is what the salesman recommended to me after I explained the conditions of my work place. So much for being heavy duty, hahaha. I think I'm going to try fleet farm or something next time around. Funny part is, family members spotted some work boots at Aldi's grocery store for like $20, and I wanted nothing to do with it because I wanted to spend lots of money for redwings, I regretted that choice.

Last edited by Bjorn20; 11-16-2011 at 09:02 PM..
Old 11-16-2011, 09:02 PM   #20
10 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now

Well, I cant speak from experience but this is the first bad rant iv ever heard about redwing.
Does this have anything to do with them not being usa made anymore?

Pewter-01-SS-A4
429/392 Mustang dyno
10.990@123.58 1.584
Old 11-16-2011, 09:02 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
boot, boots, caterpillar, dr, guarantee, lifetime, martens, overpriced, red, redwing, shoe, walmart, warantee, warranty, wing, work