Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Video of my 1st HPDE

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Video of my 1st HPDE

Posted a video of the last few laps of my first HPDE (HD version included). The event was a Drivers Edge event, clockwise on the 1.7 Motorsport Ranch track in Cresson TX. I was in the Green Run Group (beginners), and the video is the last 4 laps of our final session on Sunday, 10/24/2010. For anyone that doesn't know about these events, there's an instructor in my passenger seat so I'm not talking to myself in the video This was my first time on a track and it was an absolute blast!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AptOFzynXgg
Constructive criticism always appreciated...

Looking forward to doing it again in December!

Mark.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice line. Predictable, smooth, consistent.

Maybe a little early on a couple turns, but patience at Cresson will come with seat time.

Only thing you might consider is coming down the hill into Little Bend, short shift to 4th and let momentum carry you through the turn and torque of the motor getting you off.

High G, HIgh RPM turns will kill these motors.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:59 PM
TECH Resident

Not bad. That is my least favorite way to run MSR. I like the 1.7 counter clockwise much better and the 3.1 even more. Where was the camera mounted???
Old 10-31-2010, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mitchntx
Nice line. Predictable, smooth, consistent.
Originally Posted by Arctic2002ss
Not bad.
Thanks!

Maybe a little early on a couple turns, but patience at Cresson will come with seat time.
Agreed, and it became even more obvious once I began reviewing the videos.

Only thing you might consider is coming down the hill into Little Bend, short shift to 4th and let momentum carry you through the turn and torque of the motor getting you off.
Hadn't thought of that. I'll have to give it a shot.

Originally Posted by Arctic2002ss
Where was the camera mounted???
The camera is a Drift HD170. It has a standard camera mount so I found a long bolt that fit it. I pulled the drivers side sun visor, and replaced it with an aluminum plate cut to fit the triangular mounting location and used the sun visors screws to mount it. The bolt holding the camera simply sticks through the center of the aluminum plate. The camera sits at a weird angle but the lens actually rotates so that the image remains level regardless.

Quick Reply: Video of my 1st HPDE