Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Caster Bushing 93-02 f-body

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caster Bushing 93-02 f-body

How often do autoxers and road racers replace the rear bushing (caster) on the front lower control arms? Is there a more durable upgrade available that will work on the factory arms? TY,B.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:49 PM
wrencher

You should go to frrax.com. Search there, there's some good options to upgrade the stock arm's bushings.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Launching!

Global West Suspension Components Inc has a "Spherical Lower Control Arm Bearing Kit- part # SP-7"

Basically replaces both LCA bushings with spherical bearings. It does require welding. It might be possible to just install the caster one for a possible compromise between full rod end solid feel and mushy stock stuff if its a daily driver and ride quality is somewhat important. Better yet maybe a poly front and the spherical bearing rear.

The caster bushing seems to be the first to deteriorate and cause issues stock anyway as its a kind of weird design.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just replaced both bushings in my control arms with Prothane bushings, It's not fun as you have to burn out the factory rubber bushings and press out a cup, unless your's falls out like one of mine did!

Quick Reply: Caster Bushing 93-02 f-body