TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Gingerman HPDE Halloween Party Oct 19/20

Who's going? I plan on it. Bringing the TA and my Grand Prix GXP

Link to Gingerman HPDE
Old 10-23-2013, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The highlight of the event came at the very end. The last session we ran that day (not the one in the video above) consisted of my friend John driving the TA while I rode shotgun. We tailed a 911 GT3 with track tires for the last half of the session, and this guy knew how to drive. He'd get away a little on the big straights, but never got more than 100 yards away from us. We were getting up to 130, he was a slightly north of that. Anyway, he comes over afterward, and the conversation went something like this:

"I kept looking in my rear view mirror and seeing this... um..."

"Turd?"

"Yeah, turd." (everyone laughs) "I couldn't shake you for nothing. What do you have in this thing? It can't possibly be stock."

"It isn't--not even close. The car's had a lot of weight reduction and suspension mods. The LS1 and T56 are internally stock though."

"They are? (then the 911 owner looks at the tires, 6-year old Firehawks) "...and on street tires too. damn."

Cool guy. It was awesome getting validation on the setup. Only issue we had last weekend was a blown exhaust gasket, which took no time to replace.

The GXP did alright, but was a little heavy on the corners. I was told by others that I had the car on three wheels on some corners (lifting the inner rear consistently. I managed to cook the front brake pads too. Time to sweet-talk my wife into budgeting for some go-fast enhancements .

Last edited by 1981TA; 10-23-2013 at 11:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Gingerman HPDE Halloween Party Oct 19/20