Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

If you are close to Phx I may have a deal for you!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default If you are close to Phx I may have a deal for you!

At a RR event in Sept my 02 SS camaro caught on fire and has been sitting whilst I decided what to do. I found a rebuilt 04 Z06 on eBay I purchased and so it looks like I'll be selling the camaro "as is".

It has lots of suspension parts from Sam Strano as well as a C5 brake kit. TDP newly built trans to hold 600 hp with a LS7 clutch and Ron Davis radiator as well as a Mgw shifter and some vette 17"/18" wheels with tires as well as a harness bar installed with harnesses and the complete stock seats and seat belts in storage. It also has a 10 bolt rear with eaton truetrac posi and 3.55 gears.

I think I'm going to swap out the 416 engine into the vette and if so the LS6 in the vette that is all stock could go in the camaro which already also has tsp long tubes and 3" exhaust.

I really don't want to part it out and it would be best to look at the car first as it will need new fuel lines, brake lines, clutch master, rear bumper and some paint work. PM me if interested or email at danbsherwood@yahoo.com. I will be getting it in the classifieds as soon as I can get it on a lift and get pics from underneath as well as from above. Asking $7500 obo. Thx. Dan 928-205-8835

Last edited by dbs1; 11-20-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry to hear about your camaro man, but the z06 is definitely the way to go for some serious RR. What kind of deal did you get through ebay? If you want to pm me some pics I wouldn't mind seeing the extent of the damage. I've got a lot into my 99z28 as it is. $7500 is a deal with an ls6, built trans and all suspension/safety upgrades but just cant justify another track car. If you end up parting out I'd be interested in a few items. GLWS my friend.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I won't have my hands on the Z till the first part of Dec. I think I may drive it a bit and see how enamored I am with it as well as the LS6. I've considered just building the LS6 and selling the 416, but it will need some work (plug wires, coil packs) to be up and going and without it in a running car it would probably be a tough sale, so it may be the LS6 that folks can drive and decide.

With $3000 in swapping in the 416, a few brake and suspension goodies and track tires I'm guessing this 04 Z would be a beast on the track with 400 less pounds and better handling. Just not sure how much more RR stuff my checkbook can handle. I'll be living in a van down by the river with a fast car. Not exactly something I'd like to brag about.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:10 AM
Teching In

Sorry to hear about the SS. You will LOVE the Z06. I used to AutoX mine all the time!

I would regularly beat modded C4's all the time. LOL.

Quick Reply: If you are close to Phx I may have a deal for you!