Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Info needed> My Wicked LS Drift MACHINE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info needed> My Wicked LS Drift MACHINE!

First off I'll start of by saying...I've never been much of a forum type guy; so with that being said....
I own a 95 S14 and I have done every single thing entirely myself from paint,fab,bodywork,cage,etc...the whole works.... solo! (other than getting a friend to help me lower the motor in the engine bay)So now comes the obvious.... I used to drift at track days all over the southern states back from around 2005 until.... it ended in 2009(hence a wreck on the street) so I'm not a newbie other than...now I've dropped in a 99' vette ls1 w/ T-56 back in Summer of 2011....since then got divorced....yada yada yada...etc.... So I'm back in the game now and got back on my build and trying to finish my car now that I just painted it. So I'm gonna need a lot of help with the performance aspects of what cams,heads,etc.... For a LSX build at high volume of rpm revs... And everything in general for a nice build.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Motorwise probably a mild cam. I think anything above .585 lift hurts the valves in the long run. You should be able to get a reliable 400hp motor easily with little work. I would focus on getting a nice oil cooler, accusump, and ps cooler. It all depends on your budget, but I bet a stock ls1 can still spin the tires pretty good. The videos about v8s in drift car I have watched are all about the torque they make since they cannot rev like a boosted v4,v6 motor.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:14 AM

Yes I've got an accusump already along with an ATL fuel cell w/ x2 A-1000 fuel pumps and rails etc... Going ahead and upgrading my fuel system all the way to the motor. I had Sikky take n wire my factory harness into my LS Harness(hope it works?) planning on running a Painless chassis harness for the body and accessories. Every part of my suspension has been upgraded to Powered By Max except FLCA & RLCA. If you can think of anything to the car itself it's done right to drift spec. Now it's all about the LS engine that I'm gonna need help with making sure I bolt on the right parts to get full potential.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:11 PM

As far as the motor goes....I installed APR Rod bolts, Ls2 (beefier) timing chain, Sikky oil pan kit w/ baffles n pickup, can't remember what brand PS Pump but was Definatly expensive and added a reducer/restrictor for less play in steering, new gaskets,plugs wires,belt and such. I keep telling myself to just get it runnin as is without any mods first just to make sure everything runs as planned and then I can start adding upgrades and tuning. Does that sound legit in most peoples opinions or does it matter or not if I start adding hp upgrades from the start? I just figured I'd have a reference from where it started from it first running almost stock and getting it tuned n dynoed. That way I could see what hp n etc I've gained from my upgrades?
Old 01-16-2014, 08:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Stock with a tune would be good just to make sure you have a good motor. You are gonna want to get a tune to be sure your AFR are right so you don't waste a ton of money and kill your motor. One of my motors was 16:1 AFR on 100% stock ecm then I got it tuned to fix it.

You should join frrax.com and make a thread in the engine section there are plenty of people who have already built tons of motors for RR which I would assume take more abuse than a drift motor.

Quick Reply: Info needed> My Wicked LS Drift MACHINE!